Options

Three Network

SamGamgeeSamGamgee Posts: 1,980
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've started reading a lot of horror stories regarding three network. Are they really that bad.

I'm thinking of getting the £20 300 mix & match N95 deal as its a really good deal but am now wary due to reading all these stories.

Is there anyone who's had good experiences?

Thanks
SG

Comments

• Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamGamgee wrote: »
    I've started reading a lot of horror stories regarding three network. Are they really that bad.

I'm thinking of getting the £20 300 mix & match N95 deal as its a really good deal but am now wary due to reading all these stories.

Is there anyone who's had good experiences?

Thanks
    SG

You pays your money and takes your chance!!

Read some independent reviews at http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews12640.html

Hope this helps and remember its the total amount you are commiting to pay over the length of the contract that is the real cost.
  • Options
    TalizmanTalizman Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three as a product is very good providing you have a good signal. the problems occur when something goes wrong or you have cause to call their customer services, which is based in India - this alone should tell you a lot.

You get the usual inabilities to understand accents, empty promises of callbacks and fob-offs. While you might be lucky to get one of the few decent members of staff you're much better off going to a 3 store if you have any issues and get them to deal with CS on your behalf.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its horses for courses on this one. Look across the forum and you will read negative reviews about all the networks. 18 months is a long time if you live in an area where any network has a poor reception.

You need to make sure that you have the coverage you want where you stay and at work. You can do that in-store at a 3 shop.

They have the cheapest internet, £5 for up to 1gb. Though I've heard that under their fair use policy, they won't cut you off until you get to the 2gb mark.

You can return the phone within a set time and cancel the contract if you are not happy with it. But - you can't insert the sim card, if you do, you can't cancel the contract.

I've had excellent coverage across central Scotland with 3. Rural areas tend to get 2g coverage and that will be with whoever the current partner is e.g. orange; O2 etc.

I've not had many problems with the off-shore call centre, the CSR understood me and I understood them. In a Glasgow store a couple of weeks ago, a customer was needing help and said he couldn't understand the CSR in the call centre. The member of staff said he couldn't help and the customer would have to go back to the call centre.

I got a verbal assurance of an upgrade in my current 12 month contract at the 9th month. I'm in my 11th month and haven't heard from them. The retaining deal is not as good as I thought it was, especially as I thought I would only be paying full price for 3 months of the contract.

You get free SKYPE and Messenger with them (fair use policy applies).

Because my wife got a top notch retention deal with O2 I'm thinking of starting fresh with them.

At the end of the day you need to weigh it all up for yourself and decide which network is best for you.
  • Options
    Mr CableMr Cable Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got an N95 on 3. Very happy with it.

Although me 12 months are up in a few weeks and I don't know where to go from here!
  • Options
    Russ_WWFCRuss_WWFC Posts: 1,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got the N95 deal, very pleased with it. Signal is as good as any round my area, before T-Mobile was very patchy at my work. But 3 gets full signal, just like O2
  • Options
    Mr CableMr Cable Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad you're enjoying it Russ. I'd recommend a data package as I spend so much time browsing.

You can choose Pay as you Browse at £2 a Mb or pay £2.50 a month for 10Mb, just to see if you use it.
    After that, it's a fiver for 'unlimited'.

It'll also show you on the EXCELLENT My3 page how much data you have left.
  • Options
    SamGamgeeSamGamgee Posts: 1,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Cable wrote: »
    Glad you're enjoying it Russ. I'd recommend a data package as I spend so much time browsing.

You can choose Pay as you Browse at £2 a Mb or pay £2.50 a month for 10Mb, just to see if you use it.
    After that, it's a fiver for 'unlimited'.

It'll also show you on the EXCELLENT My3 page how much data you have left.

Canny prices!