PS3 buying advice

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
HI Guys,
I was planning to buy ps3 , I'm new to console based gaming, I used play most games on pc, i need advice from you guys before buying it.
I don't play much online games, i'm planning to play games like fifa , need for speed and GTA kind of games. I know ps4 is planned to release in november , but i still want to buy ps3 as its slightly cheaper.

I wanted to know the answers for following questions.

1. Is it a good option to buy ps3 console 12 gb and add external hard drive or is it safe to buy the one with large hard disk.

2. What are the best accessories to buy, is ps3 "move" and additional controlllers must have or is it optional even if i use car racing kind of games

3. Compared to ps4, Will ps3 be more outdated and do you think its waste of money to buy ps3 at this point of time ? am i likely to miss out on lot of features in up coming ps4.

4. Last but not least , from the gaming needs i have said earlier and recent financial dip in Sony comapny, Is Xbox going to be better option to buy or PS3 better, i'm still in dilemma, i know its personal choice but i haven't used either of them to make a choice here :-(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    It is a good chance to catch up with some superb games.

You MUST buy the Uncharted trilogy and The Last Of Us

Move is fine with certain games, notably Portal 2, Resistance 3, Killzone 3, Bioshock Infinite and Sports Champions
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim_jumbo wrote: »
    HI Guys,
    I was planning to buy ps3 , I'm new to console based gaming, I used play most games on pc, i need advice from you guys before buying it.
    I don't play much online games, i'm planning to play games like fifa , need for speed and GTA kind of games. I know ps4 is planned to release in november , but i still want to buy ps3 as its slightly cheaper.

I wanted to know the answers for following questions.

1. Is it a good option to buy ps3 console 12 gb and add external hard drive or is it safe to buy the one with large hard disk.

2. What are the best accessories to buy, is ps3 "move" and additional controlllers must have or is it optional even if i use car racing kind of games

3. Compared to ps4, Will ps3 be more outdated and do you think its waste of money to buy ps3 at this point of time ? am i likely to miss out on lot of features in up coming ps4.

4. Last but not least , from the gaming needs i have said earlier and recent financial dip in Sony comapny, Is Xbox going to be better option to buy or PS3 better, i'm still in dilemma, i know its personal choice but i haven't used either of them to make a choice here :-(

You can get the 12gb and add a laptop HDD in but you will need to get the caddy for it from amazon.

Probably better off getting the one with built in HDD.

The GTAV bundle is out soon so get that and see if you can get PSN Plus and start downloading the games from there - its definately worth the money.

Ditto for the games already mentioned. Dont bother with the xbox - almost everything is behind the Xbox Live Paywall including video services you may already subscribe to!
  • Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there is a good deal going on amazon uk right now, ps3 super slim plus gta 5 for £199.99, if you pre-order before 17th september they will send you a promotional code and you can use that to get the last of us for free, pretty good deal for the console and two great games. i need a new ps3 so i am about to go ahead and order it myself, there are loads of great ps3 games i haven't played so it will keep me going for a couple of years, hopefully the ps4 will come down in price by then......
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there is a good deal going on amazon uk right now, ps3 super slim plus gta 5 for £199.99, if you pre-order before 17th september they will send you a promotional code and you can use that to get the last of us for free, pretty good deal for the console and two great games. i need a new ps3 so i am about to go ahead and order it myself, there are loads of great ps3 games i haven't played so it will keep me going for a couple of years, hopefully the ps4 will come down in price by then......

Magnificent!!! /nuffsaid ... ;)

(Why waste money on nextgen when you've got offers like this??? WOW!!! :eek:)