Asda stop selling alcohol overnight at one hundred 24hr stores

1235»

Comments

• pickwickpickwick Posts: 25,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Manko wrote: »
    What I find shocking is that you can never get bicycle pumps in the middle of the night. I mean, what if you want to go out on your bike at midnight and it has a flat tyre? Where can you get a bicycle pump. Shocking.

And violin strings. Suppose yo're playing the violin in the middle of the night and a string breaks. Where can you get a replacement?

For Christ's sake. Just go shopping during the day if you really need alcohol that desperately.
    Not a great analogy. If Asda sold violin strings, EXCEPT between the hours of 12 and 6, I'd be complaining about that too.
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavy-davy wrote: »
    ..Including my local store.

Once again the majority suffers because of the actions of a few idiots.

From April 7, Asda will stop selling alcohol between midnight and 6am at around 100 stores where it is currently available.

It will also stop selling fruit-flavoured shooter drinks with a high alcohol content.

Asda said its measures aimed to tackle both under-age drinking and alcohol-fuelled late-night crime.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=518610&in_page_id=1770

Asda have never sold alchol after 10pm due to scottish licening laws same applys to before 8am, and 12pm on, dont what licencing laws england and wales havesundays
  • Steve™Steve™ Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    Midnight?!

Shops dont sell it after 10pm here :eek:

Shops?!

We have to make our own here :eek::p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,916
    Forum Member
    Erm, have Asda started selling alcohol overnight again? I was in at about 12.45am and it wasn't roped off as normal..
  • Andy CarltonAndy Carlton Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm....I actually didn't think they sold it after 10.00pm to be honest so it has no effect on me (or probably most sensible drinkers) anyway. I must be out of touch with these legislations. I have queued behind people who have been refused booze after 10.00pm in supermarkets.