Rita - Danish Programme on US Netflix

oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just came across a truly funny programme called Rita on US Netflix.

It is a Danish series with english subtitles. Rita is an insane teacher and is more dysfunctional than her children.

You know its going to be funny from first scene where she corrects a spelling mistake on the graffiti in ladies toilet (won't say any more as it would be a spoiler then),

I must admit, in part, as I have lived in Denmark (can't speak it much though), I am used to their darker humour which I actually like (see another great Danish(/Swedish) show - the fantastic "Bridge" which also had a lot of dark humour).

Comments

• Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rita is on most Netflix regions including the UK. I have seen series 1 but not series 2 which was recently added. Series 1 was brilliant.
  • tichtichtichtich Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I happened to watch the first episode yesterday. Will certainly watch more.
  • RiDsTeRRiDsTeR Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show is absolutely brilliant. Love the way it is written. Have just watched season 1 today. Rita is such a good character.
  • Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Series 3 arrives on the UK netflix on 15th June
  • weetomuncherweetomuncher Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I love this show and have watched Series 1 and 2 of it.

A fantastic show and I already knew who Mille Dinesen was from a brief run in Borgen,

It is very entertaining show and can jump from being very light to very heavy extremely quickly and vice versa.

Hjordis is an absolute hoot though and anyone that likes Zoey in Nurse Jackie will like the loveable but awkward young teacher.

The supporting cast are great too and I can't recommend the show enough..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 3 just landed on the UK Netflix. Can't wait to start watching again.
  • Pop PrincessPop Princess Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished season 2 after watching season 1 early last year I think! Love it, Mille Dinesen is a fantastic actress. Definitely recommend it and can't wait to start on season 3.
  • PoppySeedPoppySeed Posts: 2,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only just found this recently so still on the first series. I really like it, Mille reminds me of Linda Hamilton. If I was going to be a teeny bit picky Rita's mother said she was very young when she had Rita but the age difference between the two does not look like she would have been particularly young, there could easily be a 25-30 year age gap between them.
  • tichtichtichtich Posts: 1,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PoppySeed wrote: »
    Mille reminds me of Linda Hamilton.

I hadn't noticed, but now you mention it, I can see the similarity.

Apparently there's going to be a spin-off series called "Hjørdis".
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hjørdis is on Netflix. I think there's four episodes. Just about to start watching. Just thought I'd give anyone a heads-up.
  • oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RiDsTeR wrote: »
    Hjørdis is on Netflix. I think there's four episodes. Just about to start watching. Just thought I'd give anyone a heads-up.
    cheers Hjordis is ace!
  • oilmanoilman Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished latest Rita series:

Farvel Rita, vi ses senere!
  • nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just discovered Rita a couple of weeks ago, it is amazing!

Now have watched series 1 and 2 and am halfway through series 3!
    One of the best programs I have seen recently, I've been recommending it to everyone!