Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 6)

Comments

• FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Just out of curiosity ...

Have there been any comments on the fact Toxic is 35 and Ryan is only 20?
  • dancingdemelzadancingdemelza Posts: 536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flukie wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity ...

Have there been any comments on the fact Toxic is 35 and Ryan is only 20?
    It was deliberately written as a cougar story.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    It was deliberately written as a cougar story.

Tracy a cougar ????

More like a lodging house cat :D
  • Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,429
    Forum Member
    Lewis working in The Rovers. Total SOR.
    Do people never look further than The Street for a job?

The 'themed nights'
    Posters, bookings, food, all organised within hours whilst still running the cafe.

Pub Hot Pot
    It keeps being offered to customers but who is cooking it?

Would Lloyd really still fancy Mandy?
    He looks like he's snogging his mother.

I could go on but I won't bore everyone :yawn:
  • Mystery ManMystery Man Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I half-expected Gloria to adopt a "Mrs. Overall" voice and say "I've got a touch of Cancer".

One farcial storyline at a time can be quite amusing, but at the moment they all are, and none of them are remotely funny.
  • MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandra Bee wrote: »
    Lewis working in The Rovers. Total SOR.
    Do people never look further than The Street for a job?

The 'themed nights'
    Posters, bookings, food, all organised within hours whilst still running the cafe.

Pub Hot Pot
    It keeps being offered to customers but who is cooking it?

Would Lloyd really still fancy Mandy?
    He looks like he's snogging his mother.

I could go on but I won't bore everyone :yawn:

You must release all of your SOR frustrations! ;) That's what we're here for - and it's the only way to be able to tolerate what Corrie's become.
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not so much an SOR as this eems to happen all the time now. Traceyluv and Ryan were in Rovers as were Stev ken and Dreary. So who was watching Amy or was she at another sleepover with Asda Aldi, Simon,Jack, Faye, etc

I kniow its a soap but can we get a bit of realism.

Been watching Corrie for over 30 years and cannot think of a time when the stories were so poor and inconsitant
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    owl61uk wrote: »
    Not so much an SOR as this eems to happen all the time now. Traceyluv and Ryan were in Rovers as were Stev ken and Dreary. So who was watching Amy or was she at another sleepover with Asda Aldi, Simon,Jack, Faye, etc

Been watching Corrie for over 30 years and cannot think of a time when the stories were so poor and inconsitant

All soaps are guilty of this, the worst was Emmerdale, the live episode, where almost all of the young children were missing,Arthur,Gabby Angel,Samson,Sarah( I think) and Leo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2shy2007 wrote: »
    All soaps are guilty of this, the worst was Emmerdale, the live episode, where almost all of the young children were missing,Arthur,Gabby Angel,Samson,Sarah( I think) and Leo.

... knowing what kids can be like at weddings, including them - and letting them do what they wanted to - would have been so much more realistic! :eek:
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    owl61uk wrote: »

I have been watching over 50 years and it was far better in those old days even if it was screened in BLACK and WHITE!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valtimmy wrote: »
    I have been watching over 50 years and it was far better in those old days even if it was screened in BLACK and WHITE!

Just watched the first episode from last night. Words fail - me every story line was implausible and contrived.

Stella comes to the Bistro for olives (!) to hear Lewis's story

Steve comes to the Bistro to collect clients - to see Michelle there.

The French night!!! Who's serving while they're upstairs discussing the seating plan?

The garlic!!!

When did Scary mary take all the French night bookings?

etc., etc., etc.

Corrie really is a an all-time low, (why isn't there a "shakes head sadly" emoticon)
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding the last minute dot com theme nights in the cafe, who is funding the costs for the extra food, costumes, decorations, adverts/marketing etc. Supposedly they are making enough money from the takings from the previous theme nights to pay for the next one but who stumped up the cash initially?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    She must have something wrong with her though for Doctor Carter to go on a call out in the evening

The Dr said too her as they walked through are you sure you should be up, the call sounded like you were very ill, so I think she probably got him out for nothing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The so called interview that Nick gave Lewis was constantly interrupted by Gail the Goblin in her pinny, Gloria & Kylie. Hasn't he got an office out the back where he can take someone? Why was Gail still hanging about once the place was open anyway? Corrie is getting sillier! :(

The theme nights are very boring, the first was ok but the joke is very thin now, Mary is like a runaway train. When is Roy back? :yawn:

Can't think of one storyline on Corrie that I like & hope Gloria & Lewis run off together soon and we get rid of the pair of them.. Maybe it's time for another tram crash......kill them all off and get some new ones :D:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lillabet wrote: »
    The Dr said too her as they walked through are you sure you should be up, the call sounded like you were very ill, so I think she probably got him out for nothing.

Thanks for that :D
  • cantelpitcantelpit Posts: 403
    Forum Member
    most of the customers turning up at the theme nights very rarely go to the Bistro anyway, if anything they would have affected trade at the Rovers
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Regarding the last minute dot com theme nights in the cafe, who is funding the costs for the extra food, costumes, decorations, adverts/marketing etc. Supposedly they are making enough money from the takings from the previous theme nights to pay for the next one but who stumped up the cash initially?
    Certainly not Mary, though I wouldn't be surprised. :p

The theme nights at the cafe are a farce. And I assume Anna isn't getting any bonuses from it, nor Mary.
  • Mystery ManMystery Man Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And apart from anything else Roy left ANNA in charge, not Mary. She's always been sufficiently feisty to stop Mary in her tracks, not just meekly go along with it... as well as working an 18hour day.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    And apart from anything else Roy left ANNA in charge, not Mary. She's always been sufficiently feisty to stop Mary in her tracks, not just meekly go along with it... as well as working an 18hour day.
    Precisely. Perhaps Mary thought by sweetening Roy and Hayley into taking her 'round the world' tickets, she could get away with doing themed nights. Poor Anna, it's wake up, food, work, sleep. We have to assume she's made some ready meals for Faye to microwave.

Nice username btw. Anyone would think that you are the mystery drinker, not least Gloria. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Tracy a cougar ????

More like a lodging house cat :D

I thought cougars were over 40! And Ryan is surely around 30 isnt he?!
    Any storyline Tracey has now I ignore because realistically she shouldnt have been let out of prison so she doesnt exist.
    As for the Dr. He has to be bionic. He runs a practice single handedly. He does house calls at the drop of a hat, he has time to go on dates with a random woman on the street, he drives people to clinics. The man must be exhausted!
  • john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since Stella entered the street she's spend pretty much every day running the Rovers. However since her mother arrived she's spent at least 75% of her time away on week long hen nights, etc, just so Gloria can be left in charge of the pub and behave like an idiot.
  • Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And if Gloria is dying, would she really be able to run the pub single -handed while Stella is away, not to mention enetering the pub of the year competition and turning it into a B+B?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since Stella entered the street she's spend pretty much every day running the Rovers. However since her mother arrived she's spent at least 75% of her time away on week long hen nights, etc, just so Gloria can be left in charge of the pub and behave like an idiot.

Maybe they don't get many scenes together because their over-inflated egos would clash against each other too much ;) Diva v Diva !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    And if Gloria is dying, would she really be able to run the pub single -handed while Stella is away, not to mention enetering the pub of the year competition and turning it into a B+B?

I'm not going to spoil things but keep watching. There is an explanation for this coming up (next week I think).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cj1234 wrote: »
    I thought cougars were over 40! And Ryan is surely around 30 isnt he?!
    Any storyline Tracey has now I ignore because realistically she shouldnt have been let out of prison so she doesnt exist.
    As for the Dr. He has to be bionic. He runs a practice single handedly. He does house calls at the drop of a hat, he has time to go on dates with a random woman on the street, he drives people to clinics. The man must be exhausted!

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not :D. Ryan came in the programme in 2006 at age 14, so he's 20. In fairness, Sol Heras is 26, the original Ryan always looked better age wise. Considering Michelle is supposed to be older than Tracy, I think Tracy looks too old for her part.
This discussion has been closed.