[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0XOC_EbfKE
    here she is singing without an accent
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Praying she makes the lives - read somewhere that she might not have gotten through due to too many talented girls and the fact that she's young :( Really hope not or I genuinely would not watch as she's the only one who's really interested me so far.
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant wait to see what Janet pulls out of the bag in Bootcamp!

She doesnt remind me of Ellie Goulding as much, now when I re-watch her audition, she's more of a Regina Spektor, i think! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    City and Color sent Janet a message on twitter saying they thought her cover on Youtube was fanastic .... cool!
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    She's made it through to JH! A shoe-in for the live shows depending on how well she sings.
  • Options
    cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    This girl could easily win the show if they sort out her breathing technique.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cantos wrote: »
    This girl could easily win the show if they sort out her breathing technique.

Well, you do have a point. She does need to sing without having to whisper but I love the tone to her voice.
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At last - someone from Northern Ireland worth supporting on Xfactor. It had to happen eventually :)
  • Options
    sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I quite like her too she seems a nice girl I think being quirky certainly hascaught on since Diana did the show what with Diana PixieLott Ellie as another person mentioned gracing the industry at the moment she just has to find her own way and style thsat's uniaque to her to stand out I think that'/s the challenge she's got to face for me if she's going to win I'd like her too but it's down to her
  • Options
    staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seems like a lovely sweet girl and she has an amaze voice, hope she wins. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Reporting in, love Janet this year (though the ones I support never win, sorry Lucie Jones).

Still here I am for another year, and Janet has my whole-hearted support :)
  • Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they've dyed Janets hair ginger? I can't tell!

http://twitpic.com/6uz3w6
  • Options
    Forum Member
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    I think they've dyed Janets hair ginger? I can't tell!

http://twitpic.com/6uz3w6

I think it's still the natural colour, just maybe darker. it's not ginger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also, Janet said that the makeovers were just for the glamour shoot, and she'll look like she normally does on Saturday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing voice

I don't get people who compare her to Diana Vickers, Janet Devlin is completely different from Diana. Their voices are totally different, Diana voice, sounds like something I have heard before, pop like. Janet's voice is uniquely different, and they are miles apart in personality and attitude. Janet is more of the hipper and quirkier of the two, I wouldn't know if someone didn't tell me Diana was.

In terms of likeability, I immediately took to Janet Devlin, I like Diana vickers too, but It never occurred to me she was the one to watch for from first audition, Janet immediately was. The only strong similarity between those two kids is that they were both 16 when they auditioned and have blonde hair.

I would love it if Janet took a shot at this song, she would nail it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odtKU9fV1CE&feature=related

I think this is one artist she is closely like. Anyway hope they chose the right song for our guy, good luck Janet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet was really awesome tonight! Showed she has a strong voice too as well as sounding beautiful as those two things aren't necessarily the same, if people know what I mean :)
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished watching the show now was out earlier and I must say she was the best tonight and I thought that was probobaly her best song so far. Hope and think she'll get through but I really hate this twist because all the girls this year are so talented.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my view, Marcus stole the show, but Janet stole my heart - and my heart comes first! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she did an amazing job last night, pleased she's through.
  • Options
    AliBaba2010AliBaba2010 Posts: 4,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read on XFactor website that one of her inspirations is Devendra Banhart... Totally gone up in my estimation now... Love this song > http://youtu.be/aIs64Ybg_5k
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly love this girl. She's just wonderful. So wholesome and lovely, plus the voice of an angel. She seems so young too, amazing to think she's only a few months younger than me.
    She did an amazing job of Fix You on saturday, and imo it was never doubted that she'd be through. Whats more is even if she had gone, it seems unlikely that she'd behave how Amelia has done today, saying that Kelly obviously favours Janey etc.
    Everytime she either comes on tv or is even mentioned in my house everyone goes aww Janet :D She's universally loved here, just because she's so cute! Definately my favourite this year. :D
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet was my initial favourite, but my love for her kind of waned...

Until five minutes ago when I discovered her version of "Someone Like You" on Youtube!!!

Usually I hate the very sound of that song, but curiosity got the best of me, and now she's back up there alongside Sophie as my ultimate fave! :D