Skyrim general thread.

Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 360 does show how long you've played. You just look at the save.
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who finds Beast Form a bit rubbish? Is there any way to improve it? I just get killed half the time unless it's bandits or Forsworn people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it. Make sure you roar at people to put them in fear mode, and keep feeding so you don't die.
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PinSarla wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds Beast Form a bit rubbish? Is there any way to improve it? I just get killed half the time unless it's bandits or Forsworn people.

I haven't used it yet, tried but I never changed:(

So far I've been a werewolf for all of about 5 seconds in whiterun during the day after first taking the beast blood:o
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Ahh hehe, can you not view save files on the 360 like you can on the PS3?

On the PS3 they show you a little thumbnail of where you saved with additional information about your game save like time played and so forth.

My 360 has my character name, time played and name and picture of location saved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh right, didn't know you could roar at people! Thanks.

I will try it tonight on a bit that I'm stuck at in Riften during the blades questline.
    Once I find the guy and he agrees to come with me, someThalmor magicians appear and destroy me with their shock spells and atronach :(
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After 36 hours I finally got my Beast Form. Cool! :D

OMG we all get a beast form? Like as in you can change into an animal?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Unless you're me who has it, but can't change:p
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My 360 has my character name, time played and name and picture of location saved.

Yeah that's the same info you get on the PS3.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why no change? Glitch?

Disappointed it cured my vampirism though. A hybrid would have been sweet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not quite.
    If you do the questline for the Companions, one of the earlier quests involves becoming a werewolf.
  • TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I HATE this game. I honestly hate, hate, hate it!

I can no longer live my real life without thinking about Skyrim at least every 30 seconds. Before I started this game I was a happy father who enjoyed spending time with my partner and my daughter. Now I get seriously impatient when I want the wee one to go to sleep at night and no sooner is she away than I disappear up to my games room in the loft then I am seldom seen. I'm going to have to set myself some kind of rule that no new quests can be started after 11.00pm or something because I just don't know when to quit.

Think I've had about 20 hours sleep in the last week!

I got as far as the Underforge mission with the Companions but I didn't want to make the commitment of becoming a ww just yet, is it easy enough to get cured?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to bed at 7am this morning :o

I've had last week and this week off work. I don't want to go back on Monday... I want to just play Skyrim :(

Re. your question at the end:

You have to do it to progress along the questline for the Companions.

But yes, it is easy enough to cure.
    Just make sure that you pick up more than one witch head when the time comes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless you're me who has it, but can't change:p

Why can't you change?

Arggghhhh, all I want to do is go home and get past that bit I'm stuck on :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I went to bed at 7am this morning :o

I've had last week and this week off work. I don't want to go back on Monday... I want to just play Skyrim :(

Re. your question at the end:

You have to do it to progress along the questline for the Companions.

But yes, it is easy enough to cure.
    Just make sure that you pick up more than one witch head when the time comes.

I will add that once you cure it there is no way to get it back and it does have advantages like 100% disease resist.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TommyNooka wrote: »
    I HATE this game. I honestly hate, hate, hate it!

I can no longer live my real life without thinking about Skyrim at least every 30 seconds. Before I started this game I was a happy father who enjoyed spending time with my partner and my daughter. Now I get seriously impatient when I want the wee one to go to sleep at night and no sooner is she away than I disappear up to my games room in the loft then I am seldom seen. I'm going to have to set myself some kind of rule that no new quests can be started after 11.00pm or something because I just don't know when to quit.

Think I've had about 20 hours sleep in the last week!

I got as far as the Underforge mission with the Companions but I didn't want to make the commitment of becoming a ww just yet, is it easy enough to get cured?

I set myself similar limitations. They are ALWAYS broken. Last night, finished watching the footie. Okay, it's 10 o'clock, I'll play for 2 hours and go to bed. Okay, it's now midnight and I have work in the morning... Just one more hour. Jesus! It's 4:30 and I'm in work in just over 4 hours, better get some sleep. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I will add that once you cure it there is no way to get it back and it does have advantages like 100% disease resist.

Good point. I think the disease resistance also acts as poison resistance, too, as there's been a few times I've been poisoned but noticed no problems from it & nothing in Active Effects.

IMO the benefits of being a werewolf outweigh the drawbacks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyrim is not a game, its a way of life:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    Why no change? Glitch?

Disappointed it cured my vampirism though. A hybrid would have been sweet.

Somebody's been watching Vampire Diaries. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    julomu wrote: »
    Somebody's been watching Vampire Diaries. :D

Nah, Underworld. ....Mmmm Seline....
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skyrim is not a game, its a way of life:D

Amen to that brother.

I got a couple of hours on it last night while the missus was at work.

Now you might think I would spend that precious time searching out dragons, recovering some lost artefact from an undead-infested dungeon, or rescuing a village from rampaging Ice-wraiths, but you'd be wrong.

I spent two hours smithing and trading and mining and smithing and trading....etc.

It's like a sickness, after an hour I realised what I was doing, and don't get me wrong it's a great way to get your levels up, but I was just passing the same 1000 or so credits around between me and the vendors of Whiterun!

Anyway I eventually dragged myself away to take out the aforementioned dragon and recover some alcoholic's shield, which temporarily made me feel like less of a pathetic loser.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amen to that brother.

I got a couple of hours on it last night while the missus was at work.

Now you might think I would spend that precious time searching out dragons, recovering some lost artefact from an undead-infested dungeon, or rescuing a village from rampaging Ice-wraiths, but you'd be wrong.

I spent two hours smithing and trading and mining and smithing and trading....etc.

It's like a sickness, after an hour I realised what I was doing, and don't get me wrong it's a great way to get your levels up, but I was just passing the same 1000 or so credits around between me and the vendors of Whiterun!

Anyway I eventually dragged myself away to take out the aforementioned dragon and recover some alcoholic's shield, which temporarily made me feel like less of a pathetic loser.

Hope you were training inbetween...? If not levelling is just wasted.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope you were training inbetween...? If not levelling is just wasted.

Training as-in, buying xp from NPCs?

No I wasn't, why would the levelling be wasted?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would guess as...

Although your overall level would be going up, the only skills which would be going up too would be smithing & trading... Which aren't much use in combat against the higher level enemies you'll now encounter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I would guess as...

Although your overall level would be going up, the only skills which would be going up too would be smithing & trading... Which aren't much use in combat against the higher level enemies you'll now encounter.

I did the same and had no issues killing any enemies in adept difficulty. The fact your gear is way better and you have alot more HP more than makes up for the enemies being a little higher.
This discussion has been closed.