Lisa from Saved By The Bell - What on earth has she done to herself

darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
Forum Member
✭✭
Lark Voorhies aka Lisa from Saved By The Bell, has changed dramatically since the series & not in a good way either. :eek:

http://4yous.info/whoa-see-what-lark-voorhies-looks-like-now/

Comments

• Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god!!:eek::eek: She used to be really pretty as well. She looks like she's had an allergic reaction to a wasp sting!
  • Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its hard to tell its the same girl
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okaay... What exactly's going on with her face? If that's the result of getting plastic surgery, the surgeon needs sacked! If I was searching for the cast of Saved By The Bell and saw her, I'd probably just carry on thinking that she was someone else. That's quite a difference.

Edit: Hmm... Found this on a website:
    But sources have already started murmuring that Lark has been partaking in skin bleaching. There hasn’t been any confirmation of the bleach usage from the actress herself– but what do you think the deal is?

http://freshlikedougie.com/videos/lark-voorhies-is-unrecognizable-in-her-latest-interview-video/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know when this show was, but here's a video of her being interviewed. She looks nowhere near as bad in this video as she does in that image.

http://blackthespian.com/lisa-turtle-from-saved-by-the-bell-looks-totally-different-now-video/
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blimey
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Okaay... What exactly's going on with her face? If that's the result of getting plastic surgery, the surgeon needs sacked! If I was searching for the cast of Saved By The Bell and saw her, I'd probably just carry on thinking that she was someone else. That's quite a difference.

Edit: Hmm... Found this on a website:

http://freshlikedougie.com/videos/lark-voorhies-is-unrecognizable-in-her-latest-interview-video/

It seems that this video must be a more recent one, as she looks very different in this one to how she normally looks.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm shocked. She's obviously had surgery on her face, but her body looks so different too. She's put on weight and god knows what else. She was stunning before and had an incredible figure so can't understand why she has done this.
  • Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,962
    Forum Member
    I'm shocked. She's obviously had surgery on her face, but her body looks so different too. She's put on weight and god knows what else. She was stunning before and had an incredible figure so can't understand why she has done this.

Use to love Saved by the Bell as a kid. Lark has obviously had surgery on her face that has not worked out as planned but she is hardly obese or anything like that. Yes she might have put a bit of weight on but she last appeared in Save by the Bell almost 20 years ago, most people put on a bit weight in that period i know i have. Also she is approaching middle age so she is not going to look the same as she did in her teens and early 20's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has Lupus
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    Oh my god!!:eek::eek: She used to be really pretty as well. She looks like she's had an allergic reaction to a wasp sting!

LOL

That is a great comment. Love it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

According to the article she's been having her face 'bleached' — whatever the hell that means. Surely she must know that her face doesn't look right at all?
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the article she's been having her face 'bleached' — whatever the hell that means. Surely she must know that her face doesn't look right at all?

Did you not read the post 2 above yours?

She has Lupus - a debilitating and potentially fatal autoimmune condition which is characterised by swelling and skin rashes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »

She has Lupus - a debilitating and potentially fatal autoimmune condition which is characterised by swelling and skin rashes.

They don't exactly explain how they know, or found out that she's got this Lupus. If she has though, fair enough.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ber wrote: »

Poor thing. How horrible that she's getting grief over her appearance. That's bound to make her feel better. Not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Poor thing. How horrible that she's getting grief over her appearance. That's bound to make her feel better. Not.

Have you not made a mistake in judgement on here? I'm guessing you have.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you not made a mistake in judgement on here? I'm guessing you have.

:confused: Not aimed at you, a general comment on the response her latest appearance has generated across the internet.

There is life outside DS, you know.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    :confused: Not aimed at you, a general comment on the response her latest appearance has generated across the internet.

There is life outside DS, you know.

Fair enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if you know but bleaching is advertised to us black people, asians etc. Suppose white people don't know this but its by companies like L'Oreal who have bleaching make up lines. The adverts in india and in black communities are about making yourself look like the majority white population. And bleaching your skin white. I've only done for blemishes and it's fine if you use it for that but their advertised in giving you the desired complexion (white skin) to be accepted in society.

We're told from a young age by media and society that black is not desired and not loved and not wanted, that white is the ideal and we must attain that, as white is power and privilege and beauty. So L'oreal has created this market in our communities and abroad where they can advertise to those of us who are most vulnerable to what society has told us in our history. That with bleaching, we can look white. It's sad but bleaching creams are very popular.
  • MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Omg she has ruined herself :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Appalling!!

Why don't these women realise that aging gracefully would look much better than this mutilation that they do to themselves? Though I suppose we really need to place blame on the industry they work in, which continues to be as ageist and sexist as it ever was.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if you know but bleaching is advertised to us black people, asians etc. Suppose white people don't know this but its by companies like L'Oreal who have bleaching make up lines. The adverts in india and in black communities are about making yourself look like the majority white population. And bleaching your skin white. I've only done for blemishes and it's fine if you use it for that but their advertised in giving you the desired complexion (white skin) to be accepted in society.

We're told from a young age by media and society that black is not desired and not loved and not wanted, that white is the ideal and we must attain that, as white is power and privilege and beauty. So L'oreal has created this market in our communities and abroad where they can advertise to those of us who are most vulnerable to what society has told us in our history. That with bleaching, we can look white. It's sad but bleaching creams are very popular.

I'm still wanting to know if she has lupus or not. Unless proved wrong, I'm thinking that she's bleached her skin like the article I put up said. It's sad that some black people feel the need to go lightening their skin in order to be accepted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I'm still wanting to know if she has lupus or not. Unless proved wrong, I'm thinking that she's bleached her skin like the article I put up said. It's sad that some black people feel the need to go lightening their skin in order to be accepted.

Not too sure about the Lupus thing (gonna have to do a bit more digging!) but I did find this-http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.com/lark-voorhies-hooked-on-heroin/
    A drug problem does seem to be the consensus on most of the black gossip sites. (Some of them are terrible I know! But I Cnt resist :D )

I do remember reading that she was engaged at one time to Martin Lawrence (Bad Boys, House Party etc) & wondered why they never married. Maybe this cud be the answer.
    Either way I think it's really sad if she is having problems and hope she is able to get over them :)
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not too sure about the Lupus thing (gonna have to do a bit more digging!) but I did find this-http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.com/lark-voorhies-hooked-on-heroin/
    A drug problem does seem to be the consensus on most of the black gossip sites. (Some of them are terrible I know! But I Cnt resist :D )...
    OMG, just read some of the user comments under that article and I'm literally wiping the tears from my cheeks.:D:D:o Freaking hilarious - thank you.