Comments

• Options
    donna255donna255 Posts: 10,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really want to see this, my big brother in Canada has been telling me about it.
  • Options
    geobradgeobrad Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well why not download season 1 :D
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Watch seem to be picking up the rights to a lot of US shows.I will be watching Almost Human!
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »

Now when is it going to be shown, been hoping to see this?
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    DS say it will air later in 2014 so Watch could be showing season 1 when season 2 is being shown in the US!
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    Really want to see this, my big brother in Canada has been telling me about it.

It is a very good show i used a smart DNS to watch it on FOX, although Fox seemed to air it out of sequence.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FOX aired the episodes out of order, but it didn't affect continuity at all, so i don't see why people have moaned about the episode order.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FOX aired the episodes out of order, but it didn't affect continuity at all, so i don't see why people have moaned about the episode order.

I beg to differ.

The episode swap around is glaring (I wont post why in a UK pace thread)
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    DS say it will air later in 2014 so Watch could be showing season 1 when season 2 is being shown in the US!

Serious doubts this will get a second season at the moment, although the episodes of S1 do make a reasonable story in themselves.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is no season 2, extremely unlikely there will be one. And the show was aired almost *entirely* out of order in the states. There's not much of an over-arching story, but what there is, and the good character development between the two leads, got thrown completely out the window in the USA. Towards the end of the series it was painfully obvious we were watching an episode that should have been ep2 or ep3, being shown as ep9 or ep10.

Good show though. The robot and Karl Urban are great together.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There's no real week-to-week story so it didn't affect that, but it did mean that in week 2 the robot and the cop were best buddies whereas in week 10 they were very cold towards each other. After the first episode the obvious major plot point didn't get referred to again for another 8 or so episodes, because the second episode was aired weeks and weeks later than it should.

The character relationships in the US episode order are completely messed up. It made it quite hard to follow along with that aspect, to witness the growth of their friendship. It's a real shame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Officially been cancelled

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/04/fox-cancels-almost-human/

I won't bother watching it now
  • Options
    Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Officially been cancelled

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/04/fox-cancels-almost-human/

I won't bother watching it now

I'll be watching it - gutted it has been cancelled, as I was really looking forward to it, a shame we only get 1 series. Why do Fox show series in the wrong order?? Firefly all over again.

Anyway, will still watch it, as it looked good
  • Options
    kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JJ Abrams really isn't doing very well at the moment with his shows is he
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    JJ Abrams really isn't doing very well at the moment with his shows is he

The Curse of JJ Abrams
  • Options
    Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still going to watch it, but if they decide to show it out of order here, we shall just let them gather on our TV guide until we can watch them in the right order.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Almost human wasn't really JJ Abrams show. He never created it. He was just an exec producer. But then he has a habit of adding a name to a product and never having sod all to do with it anyway. Revolution and Believe are also two other shows where he is the exec producer as well, and it just so happens, they are looking at the cancellation reaper as well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Watched the first two episodes of this, and found it had some interesting ideas. Some quite amusing dialogue too. Shame it has been cancelled already, but oh well. As a bonus, the android character is very good looking - amazing eyes.

Also recently started watching Believe and Star-Crossed, but gave up on both of these quickly as they seemed a bit meh. Star-Crossed in particular was so clichéd - the kind of thing that has been done so many times before. It brought back memories of Roswell - anyone remember that? - from about 10 years ago, very similar plot (unfeasibly good looking bunch of teenagers in alien/human romances), but that was much better done. The lead actors (Matt Lanter in Star-Crossed, Jason Behr in Roswell) look very alike as well. I suppose it is aimed at teenagers who they assume will lap it up as they haven't seen a similar show, but a bit of an insult to the teenagers I think.

At least I have discovered one half-decent new sci-fi series in Almost Human.