Options

Well done Matt and Karen! Awesome and well deserved win. :)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
Well, we need a positive thread around here. I for damn sure as mustard wasn't going to post in the misery negative threads. :D Congrats on the award. Well deserved. The show deserves it too. Series 6 was absolutely stellar imho. :)

Glad to hear he'll be staying in the show for at least another year too. Three years is good for a Timelord, but I have to say I would love to see him do more. I've always felt there are more hidden depths to this Doctor we could plumb. I know I'm going to blub when he goes.

Comments

• Options
    jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kal_El wrote: »
    Well, we need a positive thread around here. I for damn sure as mustard wasn't going to post in the misery negative threads. :D Congrats on the award. Well deserved. The show deserves it too. Series 6 was absolutely stellar imho. :)

Glad to hear he'll be staying in the show for at least another year too. Three years is good for a Timelord, but I have to say I would love to see him do more. I've always felt there are more hidden depths to this Doctor we could plumb. I know I'm going to blub when he goes.

Yep, I was so very pleased when I heard Matt and Karen and won. I loved series six; Matt is excellent as the Doctor - and Karen? Well...she's Karen :P

Oh, and Arthur should get a mention too. The whole team makes doctor Who a joy to watch :)
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was chuffed for them both. :)
  • Options
    Mad Man MoonMad Man Moon Posts: 1,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done to Matt and Karen. I was pleased for them.
  • Options
    eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done from me as well...much deserved IMHO
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A positive thread....what's going on? :p

Congratulations to both for them from me, too. Also agree with the added nod to Arthur, who's also fantastic. I'll be very sad when Karen and Arthur leave next year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pond always wins
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    Congratulations to both for them from me, too. Also agree with the added nod to Arthur, who's also fantastic. I'll be very sad when Karen and Arthur leave next year.

Seconded :)
  • Options
    DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    Helbore wrote: »
    Seconded :)

Thirded!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Matt and Karen. Awards are :cool:
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well done to all:D
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Very well deserved by both and good to have those awards back where they belong!

I'm particularly pleased they have split the awards back into actor/actress categories.

It was ridiculous having a single award for men and women and robbed Catherine Tate of a well deserved 'Best Actress' NTA in 2008.

Shame about the Best Drama award, though. Whilst I'd hate to accuse Downton Abbey of being a flash in the pan, I think Who is going to be around (for a lot longer) in the future to claim that award back!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done to both, and it really fills me with confidence that the award is voted for by the public, and they won! :) It is a shame about the drama award, but frankly, just the nomination is a big achievement in itself, especially for a show in its seventh series (since 2005).
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rory finally gets some love winning the Virgin Media Best TV Character.