Jahmene vs Frankie Boyle on Twitter

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    mmeister2 wrote: »
    I have to agree there. I find him a little embarassing tbh. My favorite comedian would have to be Alan Carr. I love Chatty Man.

On topic, good on Jahmene. I don't know who Frankie Boyle is but I didn't find his "jokes" all that funny. I was pleasantly surprised with how well Jahmene handled it. If it was someone like Chris Brown they would have flown right off the handle.

Alan is great live, and a really nice guy.
    Jahmene was great, handled himself really well and ended it on his terms. Quite unexpected from him.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Cassy990 wrote: »
    Ricky Gervais isn't all that funny himself.
    He's the most successful British comedian of all time, The Office (which he wrote, produced and starred in) is the most successful British comedy of all time, he's won seven BAFTAs, five British Comedy Awards, three Golden Globes, two Emmys and a Rose d'Or.
    I don't care who the subject or target of the joke is, the way Frankie Boyle goes about making them is vile.
    I wonder how many of the people that say that have actually watched a full gig of his of their own accord to form that opinion and how many of them have read them out of context in a newspaper article by someone taking offense on someone else's behalf
    I will never back down from that view so all you supporters of his can keep on loving him it doesn't bother me, nor take away my freedom of speech.
    No one's asking you to, but this is a discussion forum, there's no obligation to agree and never question it.
    Forum Member
    He's the most successful British comedian of all time, The Office (which he wrote, produced and starred in) is the most successful British comedy of all time, he's won seven BAFTAs, five British Comedy Awards, three Golden Globes, two Emmys and a Rose d'Or.

He's the most successful British comedian of all time,

Good for him, what do you want me to do give him a medal? According to your lengtly uber fan list he doesn't need one anyway.
    Its completely irrelevant to the conversation that happened hours ago and was about Frankie Boyle not Ricky Gervais. Again I find him over rated, you clearly don't. I get it! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Good for him, what do you want me to do give him a medal? According to your lengtly uber fan list he doesn't need one anyway.
    Its completely irrelevant to the conversation that happened hours ago and was about Frankie Boyle not Ricky Gervais. Again I find him over rated, you clearly don't. I get it! :rolleyes:

Accidentally submitted my post before I'd finished, see above.
    Forum Member
    Accidentally submitted my post before I'd finished, see above.

Well quite a bit of brow beating has gone on tonight over it.
    I'll leave you to youtube/google Gervais' career highlights.
    Goodnight.
    Forum Member
    Well quite a bit of brow beating has gone on tonight over it.
    There's no time limit on replying, the threads still open. If you don't want people to question your views, why post them on a public discussion forum?
    I'll leave you to youtube/google Gervais' career highlights.
    Goodnight.
    And I you to ignore common sense for a bit of mock third party outrage.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't mind him in The Office and in movies. I actually think he's a pretty good comedy actor. When he perfroms live though I just don't find him as funny, if that makes any sense.

I do admit he's very successful though, so he must be doing something right.
    Forum Member
    mmeister2 wrote: »
    I don't mind him in The Office and in movies. I actually think he's a pretty good comedy actor. When he perfroms live though I just don't find him as funny, if that makes any sense.

I do admit he's very successful though, so he must be doing something right.

Exactly, comedy is subjective. Not finding someone funny doesn't mean they're unfunny (except for Sarah Millican).
    Forum Member
    There's no time limit on replying, the threads still open. If you don't want people to question your views, why post them on a public discussion forum?

And I you to ignore common sense for a bit of mock third party outrage.

I don't in the least mind questioning, I welcome healthy debate. However others said the same thing over the same issue and you didn't bother to target them. Once you went off on your Ricky Gervais tangent it became irrelevant to the original arguement. Which was lively and in good humour.

You call it mock third party outrage, I call it having a moral compass (which quite a few others on her also seem to possess). I don't mind comedians pushing the line between good taste and bad, I don't even mind them crossing over into bad taste. Frankie Boyle however is miles ahead of everyone in terms of bad taste. I have very personal reasons for taking exception to his comments on autism and no-one will convince me I'm wrong to not find those funny.
    Forum Member
    Exactly, comedy is subjective. Not finding someone funny doesn't mean they're unfunny (except for Sarah Millican).

Shock Horror we agree! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Did someone say Ricky Gervais was funny..??Lol that is a joke in itself..
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh I can't stand Frankie Boyle :mad: Good on Jahmene. He seems like such a lovely lad.
  • worrierprincessworrierprincess Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    Really bad taste considering Jahmene's father was a violent rapist and he is still (understandably) traumatized by the violence he witnessed his father commit against his mother.

I can appreciate un-PC humour but Frankie takes it way too far, he is vile to a point where no sane and well-adjusted person can find him funny. I abhor comedians who are just controversial for the sake of being controversial.
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    At the moment i would say more people know Jahmene than Frankie Boyle.

Riding coat tails maybe.
    Ha, in Jahmene's dreams maybe? Nothing personal against the boy but Boyle is one of Britain's biggest comedians, probably hated by as many people as he is beloved. Jahmene is just another reality show contestant who'll be a distant memory to most in a few months.
  • tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    I can appreciate un-PC humour but Frankie takes it way too far, he is vile to a point where no sane and well-adjusted person can find him funny.

He makes me laugh and they haven't come for me, yet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah it takes real intelligence and talent to pick on the vulnerable. :rolleyes:

Well said. Boyle is pathetic.
  • daljuldaljul Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Jahmene is just another reality show contestant who'll be a distant memory to most in a few months.

I wish that could be said of Frankie Boyle
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ha, in Jahmene's dreams maybe? Nothing personal against the boy but Boyle is one of Britain's biggest comedians, probably hated by as many people as he is beloved. Jahmene is just another reality show contestant who'll be a distant memory to most in a few months.

Being a successful comedian doesn't disqualify someone from being a prize plonker - boyle is proof enough of that

And time will tell what the future holds for Jahmene - I love it when people have to eat their words. :)
  • The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    abigail05 wrote: »
    Being a successful comedian doesn't disqualify someone from being a prize plonker - boyle is proof enough of that
    I guess it grates on you that he is more popular than Jahmene will ever be!
    And time will tell what the future holds for Jahmene - I love it when people have to eat their words. :)
    I love it when people display blind faith in these no marks year after year. Time doesn't have to tell, anyone with sense can tell you what the future holds for Jahmene; obscurity!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess it grates on you that he is more popular than Jahmene will ever be!

I love it when people display blind faith in these no marks year after year. Time doesn't have to tell, anyone with sense can tell you what the future holds for Jahmene; obscurity!

If you say so! As I said - time will tell.
  • claireglasgowclaireglasgow Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    frankie boyle is vile. those comments are offensive, bordering on the misogynistic and dont even come close to being funny. frankie boyle should spend more time trying to work out how to write a joke, rather than trying to be controversial and make a name for himelf. cos he certainly hasnt managed to tell a joke in his entire career as far as im aware.

and anyone who think this pathetic excuse for a man is a comic genuis frankly are as pathetic as he is. people at work went to see him live in glasgow and he bombed. he was shit and people actually walked out. and thats in glasgow - his home town with the greatest audiences in the world, and he still couldnt raise a smile.

there is no talent in being offensive and picking on the vulnerable. i still remember when he took the piss out of a down syndrome 5 year old. as a mother of a down syndrome child i would like just 5 minutes in a room with this pig so i could kick his ass.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frankie boyle is vile. those comments are offensive, bordering on the misogynistic and dont even come close to being funny. frankie boyle should spend more time trying to work out how to write a joke, rather than trying to be controversial and make a name for himelf. cos he certainly hasnt managed to tell a joke in his entire career as far as im aware.

and anyone who think this pathetic excuse for a man is a comic genuis, needs their head testing and is as pathetic as he is. people at work went to see him live in glasgow and he bombed. he was shit and peopel actually wlaked out. and thats in glasgow - his home town with the greatest audiences in the world, and he still couldnt raise a smile.
    I've only ever seen him guesting on The Apprentice: You're Fired and everything he said fell flat. He barely raised a smile on his own face farless the audience and other guests.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

and anyone who think this pathetic excuse for a man is a comic genuis frankly are as pathetic as he is. people at work went to see him live in glasgow and he bombed. he was shit and people actually walked out. and thats in glasgow - his home town with the greatest audiences in the world, and he still couldnt raise a smile.

there is no talent in being offensive and picking on the vulnerable. i still remember when he took the piss out of a down syndrome 5 year old. as a mother of a down syndrome child i would like just 5 minutes in a room with this pig so i could kick his ass.

Well said, I have a lot of family from that neck of the woods, and they really don't get the hype about the idiot. If he actually told a real joke as opposed to being offensive he might actually raise a smile rather than people walking out on him.

In my own opinion? I despise a bloke who thinks it's amusing to to offend people who can't bite back the way he does.
    Forum Member
    I don't in the least mind questioning, I welcome healthy debate. However others said the same thing over the same issue and you didn't bother to target them. Once you went off on your Ricky Gervais tangent it became irrelevant to the original arguement. Which was lively and in good humour.

You call it mock third party outrage, I call it having a moral compass (which quite a few others on her also seem to possess). I don't mind comedians pushing the line between good taste and bad, I don't even mind them crossing over into bad taste. Frankie Boyle however is miles ahead of everyone in terms of bad taste. I have very personal reasons for taking exception to his comments on autism and no-one will convince me I'm wrong to not find those funny.

Comments or jokes? A joke doesn't reflect a person's real opinion, it isn't a comment.
    Forum Member
    Comments or jokes? A joke doesn't reflect a person's real opinion, it isn't a comment.

Call it a joke if you like, fact is it wasn't funny. :rolleyes: