Options

Well done to Peoples Army.

Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
Forum Member
✭✭
Unbelievable result tonight. The earthquake has happened. Great work by Nigel Farage.

Comments

• Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    The only credit im giving them is finally destroying the BNP and it's disgusting leader nick griffin.
  • Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    zelda fan wrote: »
    The only credit im giving them is finally destroying the BNP and it's disgusting leader nick griffin.

I think the only reason he got in previously anyway was a collapse in the Labour vote, fortunately UKIP have romped home, better to have a right wing party over a far right like the BNP.
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will see what happens after the General Election when the Tories or Labour hold the promised referendum.

Will they have the balls to withdrawn from Europe if the people vote for it?
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member

I'll second that.

I will credit them for a bit more actually.

Bringing a spark of life back into politics.
    Putting the immigration/EU debate not only on the table but at the centre of the political landscape in the Uk.

I don't agree with their simplistic tabloid politics but it has made the usually dull Euro elections a fascinating few weeks as a spectator.

If you think the claims from the online UKIP community of bias at every turn was fun just wait till the General Election when their manifesto gets the going over:D:D

But yes, Nick Griffin....Celeb Big Brother anyone:D

A wonderful night of politics.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll second that.

I will credit them for a bit more actually.

Bringing a spark of life back into politics.
    Putting the immigration/EU debate not only on the table and at the centre of the political landscape.

I don't agree with their simplistic tabloid politics but it has made the usually dull Euro elections a fascinating few weeks as a spectator.

If you think the claims from the online UKIP community of bias at every turn was fun just wait till the General Election when their manifesto gets the going over:D:D

But yes, Nick Griffin....Celeb Big Brother anyone:D

A wonderful night of politics.

Its so wrong it would be so right!!!! :D:D:D

I want Nigel on Strictly though next year so hope UKIP don't do too well :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

By replacing them???
  • Options
    Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Unbelievable result tonight. The earthquake has happened. Great work by Nigel Farage.

Absolutely brilliant result tonight, he has done a great job.
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To paraphrase the French it's a disturbing night for politics.

The funny thing is UKIP and UKIP voters are 'sort of' right about something in that we needed to all vote for a party of protest, to alter the status quo.. the sad thing is I just don't think the EU is the issue.. in fact now it will be the biggest distraction for years to come, guaranteed.

:(
  • Options
    blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Actually it was a win win result for the British National Party.

It will not take long before the public realise that voting for UKIP who have no intention of stopping immigration into our overpopulated nation was an embarrassing mistake.

Hebrews 10:35-36 :)
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye Up wrote: »
    I think the only reason he got in previously anyway was a collapse in the Labour vote, fortunately UKIP have romped home.
    And the only reason Ukip got in was a collapse of the Tory vote??
  • Options
    niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a stupid thread title.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »

Surely the collapse was is the Liberals & BNP vote
  • Options
    apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    What earthquake, what People's Army? About 10% of the electorate voted for UKIP compared to 65% who did not vote at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    apaul wrote: »
    What earthquake, what People's Army? About 10% of the electorate voted for UKIP compared to 65% who did not vote at all.
    The only People's Army I know follow the orders of their masters. Perhaps OP is saying that Kippers are dupes.
  • Options
    allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the UKIP result has done is to really show the emnity and bitterness of the losers. Get over it, you should have seen what would happen years ago.
  • Options
    AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »

What? The Tory vote did not collapse, Labour's did not materialise.

In every previous EU election immediately prior to a UK general election, the Opposition party came first.

Labour is in trouble.
  • Options
    allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    What? The Tory vote did not collapse, Labour's did not materialise.

In every previous EU election immediately prior to a UK general election, the Opposition party came first.

Labour is in trouble.

Indeed they are and they're doing themselves no good by having whippersnapper Omunna plastered all over TV this morning. On the showing of both the EU and local election vote, the best Labour could hope for is a majority in a hung parliament, precisely the same as the Conservatives.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    apaul wrote: »

Stop letting facts get in the way of the Kippers gloating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    What? The Tory vote did not collapse
    Two sets of poor results in 3 days especially when we are in the middle of a Great Recovery*

* According to George
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Peoples Army? :D

27% of the vote on a pitiful turnout of 34% is hardly a meaningful 'win'. Especially seeing as UKIP have only ended up 2% ahead of Labour. What a landslide.
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    All congratulations to Nigel and his pals, they have done very well and certainly rattled the smugs in Westminster.

But to see the huge shunt of the EU to the right and far right, is a worry.
  • Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye Up wrote: »
    I think the only reason he got in previously anyway was a collapse in the Labour vote, fortunately UKIP have romped home, better to have a right wing party over a far right like the BNP.

In France the Front National is the biggest party in the EU elections, this is the biggest story in Europe .
  • Options
    blue eyed guyblue eyed guy Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JB3 wrote: »
    All congratulations to Nigel and his pals, they have done very well and certainly rattled the smugs in Westminster.

But to see the huge shunt of the EU to the right and far right, is a worry.

To whom? Not to me. It simply shows the populations of the European nations are finally waking up to the realities of the islamic and third world invasion of Europe and the Kalergi plan.
  • Options
    PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    Peter_CJ wrote: »
    By replacing them???

By giving an alternative.

Comments like yours are always amusing, although not surprising on this forum. For ages, people said, wouldn't it be good if people had an alternative to the BNP, which wasn't as extreme but gave people that voice. One has appeared, which we should all be grateful for, but you will always get the lazy section who will just label them as basically BNP under another form. Like yourself. Those people would be better servec by persuading people to vote for the parties they supported, try treating those voting for UKIP with a bit of intelligence and respect, acknowledge that they might have a genuine view and point, instead of the lazy labelling which has been so common over the last week or two, and which you would think most people would realise has backfired so badly in the process. Most people, again, obviously not including you by the looks of this and other posts of yours.
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    To whom? Not to me. It simply shows the populations of the European nations are finally waking up to the realities of the islamic and third world invasion of Europe and the Kalergi plan.
    To me, that's why I posted that sentence.