avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way Luke met Carla was basically taken from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrpXArn3hII

Carla is way out of his league and is only interested in him because she's trying to prove that she can move on from Peter, and after everything that she's been through, she's not thinking straight. However, it could be interesting if they become friends after Luke gets with Maria. Carla interacting with Maria again would be good, and Maria is more entertaining when she is jealous and mad.

There doesn't need to be an affair this time though. If Luke falls for Carla, I hope she rejects him.
  • Options
    hatpeghatpeg Posts: 3,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see who would think this is a possible storyline.
    Carla wouldn't look twice at him.
    I suppose it was cheaper than bringing in another character, and who else was there to pair Carla up with?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hatpeg wrote: »
    I can't see who would think this is a possible storyline.
    Carla wouldn't look twice at him.
    I suppose it was cheaper than bringing in another character, and who else was there to pair Carla up with?

They have been casting new men for the show this year. Im not surprised given that Rob and Peter are both leaving. Who does Carla have to turn to now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »
    They have been casting new men for the show this year. Im not surprised given that Rob and Peter are both leaving. Who does Carla have to turn to now?

Michelle, her BFF???:o
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Perhaps the writers could explore the idea of a strong, successful, independent woman who does not feel the need to have the security blanket of a man by her side at every instance.
  • Options
    Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Perhaps the writers could explore the idea of a strong, successful, independent woman who does not feel the need to have the security blanket of a man by her side at every instance.

She cant do without a man
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kazza81 wrote: »

She has Roy. He has been like a father figure to her and their scenes before and after Carla lost her baby were excellent.

The scriptwriters can have 10 men falling for Carla if they want but they don't need to throw her into another relationship.

+ 1
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As if. :kitty:

Soaps these days are full of supposedly strong, feisty women who I think we are all supposed to admire, yet they all turn out to be nothing more than needy mouthy gobshytes whose only 'strength' comes from making a misery of the lives of their happily downtrodden partners.

Maybe I've led a sheltered life, but personally I don't know any women like that at all irl, so I do wonder where the (predominantly male?) soap writers conjure up these creatures from? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    Michelle, her BFF???:o

Oh yeah! That annoying woman^_^
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I just think it's weird. I like both Carla and Luke but not as a couple.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just think it's weird. I like both Carla and Luke but not as a couple.

I do hope they build up Lukes character, he's a bit 1 dimention at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    Maria_RobinsonMaria_Robinson Posts: 3,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like these two together and why shouldnt she be with Luke for a dalliance, he is young and fit and would bring a bit of fun in her life which has been sorely lacking lately. I just hope she doesnt install him in the faktray like she does with all her men.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Maybe, but I doubt they will last.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ME1234567 wrote: »
    Maybe, but I doubt they will last.

Maybe it's just a fling. :)