The Square's increasing baby boom!!

AngiBearAngiBear Posts: 2,945
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone think that EE may use the increasing number of babies for new storylines? What with Dawn about to give birth and Tanya and Honey later on does anyone think they could use this as the three could meet at mother-baby groups. I know that Tanya didn't like Dawn at first because she was friends with Doctor May but maybe once she finds out what Doctor May is capable off these three could have a good friendship?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,460
    Forum Member
    But we dont know yet if Tanya and Honey's pregnancy's will be healthy normal pregnancys, i think Honeys possibley will be however im not sure on Tanya's i think she may loose the baby when the affair is finally revealed.
  • ShamelessnessShamelessness Posts: 2,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about Tanya - all this hunky-dory time in Spain - it'll be too late for an abortion when they get back and it all comes out! Perry Fenwick said to Kris at the soap awards that as far as he knew the pregnancy went as planned...

I personally hope both babies survive - it's unrealistic to have so many miscarriags/abortions!
  • Joy2286Joy2286 Posts: 28,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'd like both babies to survive aswell- Janet's so adorable and it'd be nice to see more babies in the Square I think
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Starting up a cresh would not be a bad idea
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think it'd be a good idea to keep all the babies alive :) its quite depressing that babies almost never stay alive in soaps... they could do a good storyline with Honey & Tanya being pregnant...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I hope we get to see Tanya's baby alive and well. It would be great if the baby was born at Christmas
  • DennisJax21DennisJax21 Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    i think it'd be a good idea to keep all the babies alive :) its quite depressing that babies almost never stay alive in soaps... they could do a good storyline with Honey & Tanya being pregnant...
    I don't think it's true that babies almost never stay alive in soaps.

If a baby is born then chances are it'll survive.

Babies are aborted a fair bit in soaps and there's miscarriages etc but if a baby is born then it won't die. Very few babies have ever been killed in soap before, it's a brave subject to tackle, EE did a cot death storyline with Hassan Osman back in 85, I'm sure there must be others but I can't think of any off the top of my head?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or in Bobby's case, let us know that he exists! I totally forgot about him until that episode with him and the women in Booty's
  • elvis86elvis86 Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its quite depressing that babies almost never stay alive in soaps...QUOTE]

What complete rubbish! There have only been a handful of baby deaths in soaps as its such an emotive subject.

I can certainly only think of a few, Billy Grimshaw, Jake Webster, Shannon Tattersall, the Osman baby in EE and Pippa's baby in H&A.

I'm sure there's a few more but your statement is still rubbish.

Unless you meant abortions and miscarriages too but just worded it very poorly?
  • julieannujulieannu Posts: 1,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's true that babies almost never stay alive in soaps.

If a baby is born then chances are it'll survive.

Babies are aborted a fair bit in soaps and there's miscarriages etc but if a baby is born then it won't die. Very few babies have ever been killed in soap before, it's a brave subject to tackle, EE did a cot death storyline with Hassan Osman back in 85, I'm sure there must be others but I can't think of any off the top of my head?

I think I can remember a storyline with Pippa in Home and Away having a son die from cot death.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    julieannu wrote: »
    I think I can remember a storyline with Pippa in Home and Away having a son die from cot death.

Yes baby Dale died.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    And Baby Grace died in Hollyoaks - saddest episode EVER!! :(:cry::( .

Who was Jake Webster - was that Kevin's baby with that girl who ran in front of a bus?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chrissie /Owen's baby in Holby
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know about Tanya - all this hunky-dory time in Spain - it'll be too late for an abortion when they get back and it all comes out! Perry Fenwick said to Kris at the soap awards that as far as he knew the pregnancy went as planned...

I personally hope both babies survive - it's unrealistic to have so many miscarriags/abortions!

The Brannings sojourn to Spain is unrealistic, no school for weeks for the girls.
  • hattersfanhattersfan Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    The Brannings sojourn to Spain is unrealistic, no school for weeks for the girls.

Do we know what Max does for a living? Other than drive around a lot and spend time shouting down his mobile he doesn't seem to do anything. He doesn't seem to have to report to anyone or work regular hours nor does he talk about
    his colleagues yet he's always got plenty of money and go on extended holidays at the drop of a hat.

Is he a drug dealer?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max is supposed to be an insurance broker, presumably he works for himself. Why anyone would use him when according to the adverts all the companies on the net are falling over themselves to give you a discount, I don`t know.
    Would have been more realistic to make him a mortgage broker.
    Just because women have babies at the same time as each other doesn`t make them best buddies. What has Tanya got in common with Dawn or Honey. Or even Honey and Dawn with each other.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I thought that Tanya and Honey were friends? Tanya offered her a job at booty and she has looked after Janet on one occasion. And they were both part of the May Clique, along with Jane.
  • elvis86elvis86 Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *claire*t* wrote: »
    And Baby Grace died in Hollyoaks - saddest episode EVER!! :(:cry::( .

Who was Jake Webster - was that Kevin's baby with that girl who ran in front of a bus?

Yeah. Strangely Kevin never seems to remember that every time Bethany Platt has a birthday his son should be having one too..:rolleyes:
  • EEfan24EEfan24 Posts: 2,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would be nice if Tanya and Honey's babys both survived, it would be nice to see some scenes with them discussing being heavily pregnant or once the babys are born.

Bets on whether they will be boys or girls or one of each, considering Dawn has just had a girl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I reckon they will both be boys.

I think the last 3 babies born in EE have all been girls. I think Tanya will definately have a son because she already has 2 daughters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yehh i meant that there are alot of abortions but you must admit, babies die quite alot... well in Holby City i can only think of one baby that's stayed alive aka Grace and shes only about 6wks old ...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    julieannu wrote: »

remember that one well think it was more emotoinal than others as the actress had just had a baby herself