Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 11)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,728
Administrator
And we've got that dreadful little SpecSavers boy destroying his father's car!!

This thread is a continuation of: Worst advert on TV at the moment

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Being of part Italian extraction any Dolmio advert sets me on edge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being of part Italian extraction any Dolmio advert sets me on edge.

Its truly insulting isn't it?

what's that you say Mr Dolmio? you couldn't find an actual Italin to VO you're dreadful dutch product?

Not a surprise really, no self respecting Italian would go anywhere near the junk
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    Its truly insulting isn't it?

what's that you say Mr Dolmio? you couldn't find an actual Italin to VO you're dreadful dutch product?

Not a surprise really, no self respecting Italian would go anywhere near the junk

Its not just Dolmio, what about the elderly Bertolli ladies who giggle when one of them (or was it a dog?) snatches the mans towel, leaving him bare. Of course thats ruled as 'just a bit of fun' *cue eye roll* its cringe-y.
  • McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Its not just Dolmio, what about the elderly Bertolli ladies who giggle when one of them (or was it a dog?) snatches the mans towel, leaving him bare. Of course thats ruled as 'just a bit of fun' *cue eye roll* its cringe-y.
    ...plus the Wonga ladies, the Aunt Bessie's ladies, the knitted Shreddies ladies, ask MA ......
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BT fibre optic advert with the family of the oldest student ever, please end this advert now!
  • lola_skyelola_skye Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The twee voice on the ITV soap ads do my head in as much as the acting in it
  • MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really getting sick of that iPhone advert which features a crying baby screeching at the beginning of it. Do they think that's a sound that everybody wants to hear blaring from their TV every ad break?

And then we have to suffer through the rest of the advert (which is about 5 minutes long) featuring another twee, soulless, acoustic track with an indistinct female voice murmuring some pointless lyrics.

I'm starting to think the baby might be crying at the beginning because it knows how annoying the rest of the advert is!
  • albion-mad-nickalbion-mad-nick Posts: 4,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BT fibre optic advert with the family of the oldest student ever, please end this advert now!

I swear the actress for his girlfriend has changed 3 times. Either that or he's getting through them quickly!
  • McCollMcColl Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Malliday wrote: »
    Really getting sick of that iPhone advert which features a crying baby screeching at the beginning of it. Do they think that's a sound that everybody wants to hear blaring from their TV every ad break? !
    Just seen it ..or rather heard it first! Dreadful!
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new 4OD ad for "short shorts" :o how the heck does that get played after 6pm?!

The worst part of it is seeing what looks like a "118 118" guy in shorts with his ass showing (clearly by ad looks like no underwear on at all)
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I swear the actress for his girlfriend has changed 3 times. Either that or he's getting through them quickly!

Possibly they were only "dinner dates" really - is ITV still looking?? lol
  • LilSoapyFangirlLilSoapyFangirl Posts: 155
    Forum Member

I'm not sure whether or not you're referring to the same advert I'm really getting fed up of listening to now, but at the start, some teenage boy asks the older man, something to the effect : "have you got broadband/the ineternet?"

The older man replies : "Ahh yes! It's bang on this broadband, and none of that buffering malarchi."

Anyway, I've heard that man repeat that sentence so many times now that I'm getting SO fed up to the back teeth of being forced to hear it! :(:(

I'm not sure I remember seeing a woman in the ad or not, but your reply made me chuckle a lot anyway. :p
  • The_MothThe_Moth Posts: 7,737
    Forum Member
    The Toyota Aygo advert - "Go fun yourself"!
  • I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The bit I hate most about that ad is right at the end when the old guy whips out his tablet or iPhone and starts randomly dabbing away on the screen, the way he does it is so unrealistic! How hard can it be to act like you're doing something on the phone?

However, still top of my list by absolutely MILES is the Cravendale ad, with the 'biscuit boy' in his pants. I don't know where to start, every teeny tiny little thing about it irritates me immensely, the song more than anything else! I have to quickly flick over to another channel before the singing starts or I swear I'll have a meltdown! (Scuse the pun)

xx
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    That Mornflake advert with the horrible singing and music in the background.
  • middsmidds Posts: 420
    Forum Member
    Man with expensive car buys expensive parachute and puts it in the back of his car.

Are they trying to tell us that the brakes are not that good and we should get a parachute in case of emergencies :D
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I do often wonder, the way they both crack up and pi$$ themselves, in the Aunt Bessie advert 'ooh look Mabel, spotted dick' I wonder if that is an outake but its that good they left it as it was?
  • RedHedRedHed Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had a particularly bilious couple of minutes.....

First it was JanePlan "do you want a diet that real works?" - that sickly voice, that insane grin - I want to hurt myself!

& then to push me over the edge the smug-as-f*ck FiftyPlus woman swaggers onto my screen! - I shall now seek therapy! :cry:
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HampsonHuges why is this still being shown? horrible advert.
  • I'm-a-painI'm-a-pain Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    I do often wonder, the way they both crack up and pi$$ themselves, in the Aunt Bessie advert 'ooh look Mabel, spotted dick' I wonder if that is an outake but its that good they left it as it was?

Yes, we wonder that, too! It makes me smile tho!

xx
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Caught a weird one earlier for life insurance or something and at the end the woman was so comforted by getting insurance that she said i'm making teryaki chicken tonight.

WTF?

Random man!
  • Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,374
    Forum Member
    the O2 adverts...

Be More Dog? What the hell does that even mean?
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HampsonHuges why is this still being shown? horrible advert.

Have they done a woman TV version, they have on the Radio ?

I'm hating people on toothpaste adverts who look like they have painted them with tippex. Shakira and some woman on a catwalk.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madbid.com - crappy animation and the actors supplying the voices of the two characters are woeful!
  • Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    Don't know what it's for but it's some kind of promo for channel 4 where all these old guys are in shorts*shudders*

Pass me the sick bucket :(:(:confused:
This discussion has been closed.