Glue | E4 | Brand new |

Comments

• phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I didn't think of that but yes, it is possible.

When James' sister said about it being a 'paedo heaven round here' (or something along those lines), were we meant to take from that that Cal was raped before he was murdered? It just seemed a bit of an odd line to put in.

Not really, because angry dog-walking man who nearly stumbled across 'Janine' hiding in the woods is obviously going to be revealed soon as a loner and a convicted/suspected sex-offender who will be hauled in by the plods as they zoom off on the wrong track.
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    OMG! So sorry, getting mixed up with Cilla!! Slight difference!
    Forum Member
    That fight looked pretty good!!
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Eli or Ruth killed Cal. What does everyone else think?
  • diplodocusdiplodocus Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I have to go for Annie, just because they haven't tried to make her seem suspicious yet.
  • Benry_GaleBenry_Gale Posts: 1,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After episode 1 I was punting for Janine, in a simple, drugs with Cal, Cal saw her with Rob, killed Cal, but then they pointed it all at her so now I need a new suspect. Just because she doesn't seem overly suspicious, but seems she could be a little dodgy, I'm going for Tina killed Cal, Tina is emailing Rob the videos, everything is Tina.

Screw it, Tina was the paedo bloke in the toilets with the kid too.
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So who is the kid who turns up in the field, takes the dog tag and then so happens to be at the house where Janine/Elizabeth is dead?

Any thoughts on why it's called Glue? Is it simply because the friends stick together or something horse related as racing is local (don't they make glue out of old horses - now I've typed it I don't know where that came from lol)
  • cmazzacmazza Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    suesuesue wrote: »
    So who is the kid who turns up in the field, takes the dog tag and then so happens to be at the house where Janine/Elizabeth is dead?

Any thoughts on why it's called Glue? Is it simply because the friends stick together or something horse related as racing is local (don't they make glue out of old horses - now I've typed it I don't know where that came from lol)

I think they did used to make glue out of dead horses.

Anyone just think Cal OD'd??

Edit just watched the first episode again when Tina stole the car, she saw Cal in the road, does that have anything to do with it? Cal was drowned in the mud, someone held him down in the mud till he died.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the whole I think the acting is pretty sub standard. :( The girl who plays the policewoman is completely wooden.

The other problem I have is that non of the characters are particularly likeable and it's difficult to relate to anyone, so it's a bit hard to really care about what happens to them.

However, I'm finding the story absolutely intriguing, so I'll stick with it. The plot is very good at sending the viewer down a path which appears to be a complete blind alley, but then there's another route which goes elsewhere. Clever writing.
    Forum Member
    I thought it was called Glue because they were all sniffing it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Benry_Gale wrote: »
    After episode 1 I was punting for Janine, in a simple, drugs with Cal, Cal saw her with Rob, killed Cal, but then they pointed it all at her so now I need a new suspect. Just because she doesn't seem overly suspicious, but seems she could be a little dodgy, I'm going for Tina killed Cal, Tina is emailing Rob the videos, everything is Tina.

Screw it, Tina was the paedo bloke in the toilets with the kid too.

While we will find out if Tina has any motives, I don't think its her. I don't think she knows about Rob and Janine yet and will confront him when she finds out

I think James is blackmailing Rob
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, I've just seen the name Kieran Prendeville appear in the opening credits. Now there's a blast from the past for the older viewers. But it's nice to know that E4 are giving some up and coming young writers a chance! :D
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4 episodes in and it just hasn't caught me. The only likeable characters have been the sister who was in one episode and the one that was in Harry Potter (I can't remember anyones name except for Eli and Tina).

I don't think I'm even bothered who killed him anymore. It's ratings have fallen hard enough that it's not getting a DVD release.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who attacked Janine? I think it was Tina
  • vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ii've decided the cops baby done everything
  • diplodocusdiplodocus Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    I think Jordan Stephens is actually excellent in this. The way he talks and even mumbles at times is very natural. Unfortunately his is one of the few characters that rings true.
  • thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the first part of the first episode again last night, and I wonder if there's any more significance to the man Annie saw when she was wasted. She said something like 'there was a man with a ratty face who was following me, and I had red balloons and he popped them all, maybe it was a dream'. But maybe it wasn't?

To a drunken wasted mind, the young male policeman who hit Eli over the head would be the most 'ratty faced' to me.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up after 3 episodes. I really do not care who killed the lad. None of the characters are likeable. Too much shagging and 'trying to be cool'. Very slow paced too. Dreadful.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vkmax wrote: »
    4 episodes in and it just hasn't caught me. The only likeable characters have been the sister who was in one episode and the one that was in Harry Potter (I can't remember anyones name except for Eli and Tina).

I don't think I'm even bothered who killed him anymore. It's ratings have fallen hard enough that it's not getting a DVD release.

This....agree 100% Dire show.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up after 3 episodes. I really do not care who killed the lad. None of the characters are likeable. Too much shagging and 'trying to be cool'. Very slow paced too. Dreadful.

Indeed. I thought that the hipster party in the woods scene was actually unintentionally amusing.
  • QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've given up on this. It's way too dull.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still watching. Only because i want to find out who did it.

You have to consider who Cal's been linked to:

1. James has been looking of something of Cal's but couldn't find it.
    2. Knew Janine's secret and that she wasn't who she said she was.
    3. Involved with Dominic and Rob's cigarette smuggling.
    4 . When Eli went to meet the person who text Cal's phone, it was Ruth's cop partner who showed up and smacked Eli over the head and knocked him out.

Then you have the question of who attacked Janine? Dominic said he had an 'in' with the police, is it Ruth's partner? Were Cal and Ruth's partner in a secret relationship together i.e both gay?

The only person we haven't really seen much of is Annie. She seems to be very under the radar at the moment so she could be involved somehow later on.

Oh and Tina is really fit! ;)
    Forum Member
    I've just caught the 4th episode on 4Od. OMG that horse-race was terrible!! Having followed horse-racing, lived near and associated with people within the racing industry I must admit I was gob-smacked that the producers thought the 'knitted together' race scenes were OK. None of the riders looked professional and all the horses looked as though they were being pulled up, halfway through the race. It was an absolute shambles.

The acting is dire and I still cannot remember who is who because none of them have left any imprint on my memory. The policewoman needs a good kick up the proverbial - I don't think I'd even like the actress if I met her in real life, sorry!! The sound recording is pretty bad; everyone seems to be mumbling in a different language. I thought Ruth (?) said 'gluck' when she wished the girl jockey good luck before the race.

The 'gypsy' or 'traveler' bloke was not portrayed at all well. He spoke with a Welsh accent whereas local gypsies in that area have a very strong accent and speech of their own.

I suppose I'll have to watch the next episode in the hopes that it will be an improvement but I shan't hold my breath.
  • Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've finally caught up with Glue. It's ok, but I just feel there's a bit too much going on. I've found it difficult to keep with all the characters, the pace is a bit too quick.
  • storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump.