✭✭
    Timbaland is one thieving prick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4KX7SkDe4Q

He's done this so many times.
  • Timothy BryceTimothy Bryce Posts: 1,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably just bitter that he isn't the "it" producer anymore

Ya although I think Stargate are always regarded as the best around.

Look at their songs

"So Sick" (Ne-Yo)
    "Unfaithful" (Rihanna)
    "Irreplaceable" (Beyoncé)
    "Beautiful Liar" (Beyoncé & Shakira)
    "Because of You" (Ne-Yo)
    "Hate That I Love You" (Ne-Yo & Rihanna)
    "Don't Stop the Music" (Rihanna)
    "Tattoo" (Jordin Sparks)
    "With You" (Chris Brown)
    "Take a Bow" (Rihanna)
    "Closer" (Ne-Yo)
    "Rude Boy" (Rihanna)
    "Beautiful Monster" (Ne-Yo)
    "Happiness" (Alexis Jordan)
    "Only Girl (In the World)" (Rihanna)
    "What's My Name?" (Rihanna)
    "Firework" (Katy Perry)
    "Black and Yellow" (Wiz Khalifa)
    "S&M" (Rihanna)
    "Good Girl" (Alexis Jordan)
    "I'm Into You" (Jennifer Lopez)
    "R.I.P." (Rita Ora)
    Red One did not make Lady Gaga a star. Lady Gaga's own talent made her a star. Gaga would still have got where she did without him.

Think he did otherwise she wouldn't of been dropped by Def Jam.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    CRM wrote: »
    Timbaland is one thieving prick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4KX7SkDe4Q

He's done this so many times.

Nelly Furtado got a lot of criticism for that, but it really wasn't her fault. And I still can't believe they went and released it as a single after all of that too (although it is a good tune).

What many people probably don't know, is that Timbaland was hired by a phone company in the 90's/early 00's to make ring tones for them. The instrumental for Do It by Nelly Furtado/Missy Elliott actually samples the most popular ringtone that Timbaland made/stole. So Timbaland did the ripping off YEARS before Loose was made.

Not that it changes much, but in his defense, I do think maybe it was possible after 5+ years that he forgot where he originally took ring-tone from.

And I agree with the poster mentioning Stargate as a great producer. It's also notable that in this dance-pop dominated chart atm, almost the only urban songs that have ever been able to reach #1 in the US in the past few years have been produced by Stargate (e.g. Rude Boy, Black and Yellow, What's My Name?). I really think Nicki Minaj should've worked with Stargate, because then she could've got a song like those meaning that she could have good chart success, whilst still using urban beats, and therefore pleasing her fanbase. Dr. Luke isn't too bad, but RedOne just knows absolutely nothing about how to make a song appealing to urban fans.