Options

Coronation Street - Suspension of Reality (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we ever sing the Spiderman tune, we usually use these words! :D

...although sometimes we do our own version of the original, which goes

Spiderman, Spiderman
    Does whatever a spider can
    Catches flies with his eyes
    He's got radioactive thighs.....

(I know, we should get out more!)

SpiderKen, SpiderKen,
    Sees the murderer and glares his eyes
    He's decrepit but he is wise.....!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lloyd answering the phone at Streetcars, when Leanne came in to book a cab. The "conversation" last 8 seconds (yup, I ran it back and timed it! :D ) and went like this:-

Lloyd: Streetcars
    (2 second pause)
    Lloyd: Certainly madam, where to?
    (1 second pause)
    Lloyd: Yup, we'll be there, thank you

How could the person on the other end of the phone possibly have been able to have identified themselves (and we didn't get the impression he knew who it was from the "madam" bit) let alone been able to tell him where they wanted picking up from/taking to? :confused:

To go for a job outside the street? :o:o:o

Leanne should work in the Rovers and get with Steve. They would have good chemistry. Leanne can become Carla's bessie mate again. They don't need Michelle for Carla's side-kick. Why would Carla and Michelle be mates anyway? Carla had a hand in the deaths of both of Michelle's brothers.

They can give the charisma-free zone that is Michelle Connor the boot.
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    Jason seems to be in a position to start the loft conversion this week.

No plans, no drawings just a couple of conversations and away we go

I thought he would need planning permission but seems you dont.

Key Points
    Providing you meet the criteria (see 'Do I need Planning Permission' tab) you can enlarge your loft by up to 40 cubic metres in the case of a terraced house and 50 cubic metres in the case of a semi-detached and detached house without the need for planning permission.

With roof alterations, the emphasis is very much on appearance and this is reflected in the above criteria. Materials used have to be similar to the existing, the alteration cannot exceed the height of the existing roof and you cannot introduce a veranda, balcony or raised platform into the scheme without it needing planning permission.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really love Leanne and Carla's friendship shame the writers ruined it.
  • Options
    MeldrewmanMeldrewman Posts: 3,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LaineyT wrote: »
    I thought he would need planning permission but seems you dont.

Key Points
    Providing you meet the criteria (see 'Do I need Planning Permission' tab) you can enlarge your loft by up to 40 cubic metres in the case of a terraced house and 50 cubic metres in the case of a semi-detached and detached house without the need for planning permission.

With roof alterations, the emphasis is very much on appearance and this is reflected in the above criteria. Materials used have to be similar to the existing, the alteration cannot exceed the height of the existing roof and you cannot introduce a veranda, balcony or raised platform into the scheme without it needing planning permission.

You missed a condition.

"Roof extensions are not permitted in: Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty"

:D
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how soon we'll have the extension-warming party? I hope Jason can slow it down enough so it'll be done by Bank Holiday; on the other hand (as is likely in Corrieland) it'll be done by the week after next - or forgotten about altogether

PS I am aware of a possible spoiler.....

PPS I didn't see a Food Standards Agency "scores on the doors" sticker on Roy's door.

PPPS How about a visit from the Health Inspectors?
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    davads wrote: »
    I think on the night of the 1998 World Cup final they had an episode which included scenes of the regulars watching it in the Rovers, which were either done live or on the day.
    The one where Rita nearly died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-jNcoLpM4s&feature=youtu.be&t=11m35s

http://youtu.be/u-jNcoLpM4s?t=23m38s

Her acting, dramatic as ever! :mad:
    Anna is now on All Star Mr And Mrs - she is EXACTLY the same as she is on Corrie, no acting skill there, then!
    Can't teach an old fishwife new tricks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Lloyd says Streetcars have a dozen cabs driving around Weatherfield 24/7.
    So if all 12 cabs happen to be on the go at one time - who drives them? We only ever see Lloyd or Steve driving and that is during daytime hours. Michael and Eileen are not employed as drivers and only do the switch during daytime hours.

Fat Brenda is never seen , so what part does she play in the staff rota?

How do night time calls get processed? Perhaps automated transfer of calls to Steve or Lloyd's mobiles? Sleep tight guys is all I can say.

Parking spaces for 12 cabs? We could assume that there are a few self employed drivers with their own vehicles which may explain where they park a few cabs but not all.

Maddie does a bit of valet work on cabs so why doesn't Tyrone get given a bit of maintenance work?

Lloyd is seen working away at switch while Steve lounges on his arse playing games on his phone and makes no attempt to assist Leanne in obtaining a taxi. And you thought Rob was good at swinging the lead. Is this how he contends with the running of Streetcars and also The Rovers as a second business? He is as useless and idle as the campervan he bought!
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    ewoodie wrote: »
    SpiderKen, SpiderKen,
    Sees the murderer and glares his eyes
    He's decrepit but he is wise.....!
    Love it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lloyd says Streetcars have a dozen cabs driving around Weatherfield 24/7.
    So if all 12 cabs happen to be on the go at one time - who drives them? We only ever see Lloyd or Steve driving and that is during daytime hours. Michael and Eileen are not employed as drivers and only do the switch during daytime hours.

How do night time calls get processed? Perhaps automated transfer of calls to Steve or Lloyd's mobiles? Sleep tight guys is all I can say.

Parking spaces for 12 cabs? We could assume that there are a few self employed drivers with their own vehicles which may explain where they park a few cabs but not all.

Maddie does a bit of valet work on cabs so why doesn't Tyrone get given a bit of maintenance work?

Lloyd is seen working away at switch while Steve lounges on his arse playing games on his phone and makes no attempt to assist Leanne in obtaining a taxi. And you thought Rob was good at swinging the lead. Is this how he contends with the running of Streetcars and also The Rovers as a second business? He is as useless and idle as the campervan he bought!

And why do we never see any of the mysterious as yet unseen drivers coming in and out of the cab office? A rule of Corrie seems to be; use as few extras as possible and then mainly in the Rovers.

EE is always buzzing with extras and traffic etc. By comparison, Corrie looks like belongs in The Twilight Zone. Unreal.
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Meldrewman wrote: »
    You missed a condition.

"Roof extensions are not permitted in: Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty"

:D
    And I think they have to comply with building regulations too.

Doesn't Fat Brenda do the night shift on the switch?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abriel wrote: »
    Love it

Oh, there's more where that came from!

Is it a bird? is it a plane?
    No. It's SuperKen
    And he's flying over the place where Rob is digging up the murder weapon!

'Appen SuperKen will solve Tina's murder. As Rob digs it up, SuperKen and his Superdog Krypto, commonly known in Corrie as Eccles, will be out for a walk when they espy the said Rob. SuperKen and his dog will immediately be be alerted that the fiend is up to no good...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7Op86ox9g
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    And I think they have to comply with building regulations too.

Doesn't Fat Brenda do the night shift on the switch?

Unseen Fat Brenda is just a copy of EE's unseen Fat Elvis just like Deirdre's stuffed marrow is copied from Jean Slater's sausage surprise. :D
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why has Peter suddenly got the shakes when he's been off the booze for a while now?????

Probably just a storyline to bring in Jim. Yawn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liz's hair is getting bigger by the episode!
  • Options
    Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "My girlfriend's a hypochondriac somebody do something!" Need I say more :mad:
  • Options
    TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why has Peter suddenly got the shakes when he's been off the booze for a while now?????

Probably just a storyline to bring in Jim. Yawn.

Exactly what I thought, he's been in there a few weeks now and has shown no signs of withdrawl, then suddenly he has the shakes :confused:>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    Exactly what I thought, he's been in there a few weeks now and has shown no signs of withdrawl, then suddenly he has the shakes :confused:>:(

Have to say I'm not a fan of Jim. His accent annoys me (apologies to anyone from Northern Ireland :blush:) and he's not the greatest actor. I assume he'll only be on the show for a short while, whilst Peter is in.

He just bores me. And if he gets out, it will be "on/off" with LIz again. Which we've done for years and years.....:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rob's face when Ken said he had got Peter new legal representation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7Op86ox9g

Lloyd and Andrea make-up. Guess who comes in?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6m2G8C5W0WZ57BP2iDQMrt0GKyOMriHPnwsZ3G8XxTAUXADnuGQ

Beth & the bath bombs saga:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtmI--F8Zmo
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy McDonald seems to be forgotten by his entire family until it is convenient because Liz needs to go to Spain
  • Options
    spjkellyspjkelly Posts: 9,080
    Forum Member
    So we have a mention of Chester zoo in the programme and an ad in the break for, Chester zoo. Product placement really working there
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    How stupid is the bath bomb storyline? Comedy, not!! Did Sinead not test her products before attempting to make a big batch/flog it off to others?

Andrea and Lloyd back together........surprise, surprise who spots them first outside!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How stupid is the bath bomb storyline? Comedy, not!! Did Sinead not test her products before attempting to make a big batch/flog it off to others?

Andrea and Lloyd back together........surprise, surprise who spots them first outside!

I refer you to my post 7395!
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spjkelly wrote: »
    So we have a mention of Chester zoo in the programme and an ad in the break for, Chester zoo. Product placement really working there

Was that advert only shown in the North West as I don't recall it being shown here in the Midlands?
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member

She did say the:kitty:y were still at the test stage. Cant believe they had Jim say so it is (twice) and The big house in his first scene
This discussion has been closed.