Paranormal Activity

caz06caz06 Posts: 849
Forum Member
✭✭
Hey guys

i watched Paranormal Activity this morning and OMG what a film it is, this film is the scariest thing iv'e seen, i would recommend to anyone who likes horror films:eek:

Comments

• Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    If its as "scary" as [Rec], I'll pass as I've seen scarier Tom and Jerry cartoons.

If it is as psychologically unsettling and disturbing like Session 9 then I'll be there.
  • caz06caz06 Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    If its as "scary" as [Rec], I'll pass as I've seen scarier Tom and Jerry cartoons.

If it is as psychologically unsettling and disturbing like Session 9 then I'll be there.

it's nothing like (rec) , its a quite unsettling and frightening film and it has to be watched in the dark to feel the true horror of this film, iv'e posted a link to the trailer below:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRF7JRPwTOI
  • SuperstokedSuperstoked Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caz06 wrote: »
    Hey guys

i watched Paranormal Activity this morning and OMG what a film it is, this film is the scariest thing iv'e seen, i would recommend to anyone who likes horror films:eek:

I watched it yesterday. I can't say I liked it because whenever I heard the slightest noise I would glance over my shoulder expecting to see something. It makes you paranoid that there's something nasty creeping about in your house too. lol

It's very like "Blair Witch"...only better.
  • Jacko lives!Jacko lives! Posts: 907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was meant to be shite but I may as well download it and watch it tonight as there's nothing on!
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    caz06 wrote: »
    it's nothing like (rec) , its a quite unsettling and frightening film and it has to be watched in the dark to feel the true horror of this film, iv'e posted a link to the trailer below:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRF7JRPwTOI

Cheers for that caz.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's terrible. People who say this is 'the scariest thing they've ever seen' obviously live under rocks.
  • Jay BigzJay Bigz Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    Just finished watching this with my bro, and it was pretty creepy, and disturbing, but amusing at the same time.

I don't think I would have been so amused if I had watched this film alone, at 1am, in a house with nobody else there - Infact I'd probably be bricking it.

So my views - A good horror movie, but way more effective if watched in the right environment.

To get the ultimate effect - Watch it alone when nobody else is in, with all the lights off, and very late at night :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched this a few days ago,good movie,not the scariest ever though lol some pretty freaky scenes,i really jumped at the scene where the entity screamed,id have been out that house like a shot lol the scene in the loft was good 2.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw it last night and found it quite scary, however I think that was because:

1. I watched it alone with the lights out, and;
    2. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for something scary to happen (which, ultimately, didn't).

Only a couple of complaints. ..
    I thought the husband was a knob, and having read about the original ending (which isn't that much different), I think that ending would have made clearer why the demon decided to kill the husband.
  • dirrrtydirrrty Posts: 8,442
    Forum Member
    I liked it, but it had its stupid parts too. I don't get how they could sleep everynight, i would be a complete wreck.
  • JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    Well after plucking up the courage to watch it on my own as hubby and son were watching football, I was waiting to be scared out of my wits (going by the reviews). Well sorry, but it didn't happen. In fact, I was slightly disappointed and a bit irritated that the pace wasn't picking up a bit more.

Having said that, it certainly wasn't a bad movie. Had I not read the reviews beforehand and knew nothing about it, I think I might have actually got a few frights and got into the atmosphere of it more. But I guess I was a bit disappointed that it didn't really live up to the hype for me.

Whereas older movies that it is being compared to such as The Exorcist, Carrie, Halloween etc., did scare me witless even though I was told about them beforehand. I hope that makes sense. :o

Either that or I'm just immune to horror and scary movies these days. :p
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Just finished watching this, alone in the dark and I will admit it has made me turn the light on :o and I keep looking behind me.

I'm going to add that I am in no way a wuss, and can watch scary films all night long and not get scared, Its the only real type of film I like and takes a lot to get scared. This film just creeped me right out.

Its all about the fear of the unknown, the fact that you don't see the evil, it has no face and so you can't fight it. I would much rather watch this than say Halloween 2, where you know the evil and know it can be stopped.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminded me of "The Blair Witch" project.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    I watched this a few night ago. I watched it when I was alone and in the dark. Have to admit I didnt get a very good night's sleep that night!
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    This looks so scary I saw the trailer before saw last night and god it looks so creepy, especially the bed scene. When is this releases in cinema?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    This film needs to be watched alone in the dark. It made me jump a couple of times.:eek:
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    When is this releases in cinema?

November 27th in the UK

The screener that has found it's way online has a different ending to the Cinema version
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Think the cinema version is supposed to have a better ending than the screener...
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    browncoat wrote: »
    Think the cinema version is supposed to have a better ending than the screener...

That's what I read - but I managed to actually avoid reading any actual spoilers so I don't know what happens.

And I want to keep it that way !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched this yesterday and didn't realise how much it scared me until afterwards when I was walking about the house and having to switch all the lights on!

The scariest parts for me were:
    When she was dragged from bed down the hallway and the door slammed:eek:

Also
    When she was standing in the room looking at the bed for 3 hours straight!

Overall good movie but unfortunately I don't think a lot of people will 'get it' because the majority want to see what is causing the haunting.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    just watched it it was OK.

few creepy parts alright but i dont think its a film i would watch again and again.

purely a film of the moment feel to it for me.

was a funny bit when
    the old man just got into the house and had to leave straight away cause the demon was angry GOD! well he HELPED! ha

also the DVDscreener ending is alot better IMO.

the cinema ending can be seen on youtube and its chessy as hell:D totally not in tone with the rest of the movie and has hollywood written all over it:rolleyes:

CINEMA ENDING SPOLIERS DONT CLICK
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjtgUvKn5dY
    she looks like she about to eat the camera:rolleyes::D
  • Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Have to agree the screener ending (which is the 2007 film festival version) is much better and more in keeping with the film, the 2009 release is out more of a hollywood ending, made for Americans.
    the way the guy is thrown and she walks in then attacks the camera is so shock value its laughable, really should have left it alone
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parts of this movie are extremely creepy indeed but the rest is just horror movie hokum: constant screaming/whining, handy picture in the attic, never turning lights on, compulsory huge kitchen knife, burning ouija board no one ever mentions even though they filmed it, etc.
    The most mysterious thing about the movie is how these two losers can afford such a great house as neither ever seem to do any work.
    Also Katie's huge norks are so distracting it's difficult to focus on anything else.
  • cuttlefishspikecuttlefishspike Posts: 5,761
    Forum Member
    Cuppa_Tea wrote: »
    Watched this yesterday and didn't realise how much it scared me until afterwards when I was walking about the house and having to switch all the lights on!

The scariest parts for me were:
    When she was dragged from bed down the hallway and the door slammed:eek:

Also
    When she was standing in the room looking at the bed for 3 hours straight!

Overall good movie but unfortunately I don't think a lot of people will 'get it' because the majority want to see what is causing the haunting.

I've been looking forward to this movie for ages. Finally watched the DVDscreener last night, alone and in the dark.

The two scenes mentioned above in spoilers were terrifically effective. Really deliciously scary.

But overall I was kind of disappointed. The scenes with the
    psychic and ouija board
    felt really lazy and detracted rather than enhanced the atmosphere.

Blair Witch was a much better piece of storytelling.

I do want to like this movie though so will watch it a few more times and check out the alt versions.
  • cuttlefishspikecuttlefishspike Posts: 5,761
    Forum Member
    ironjade wrote: »
    Parts of this movie are extremely creepy indeed but the rest is just horror movie hokum: constant screaming/whining, handy picture in the attic, never turning lights on, compulsory huge kitchen knife, burning ouija board no one ever mentions even though they filmed it, etc.
    The most mysterious thing about the movie is how these two losers can afford such a great house as neither ever seem to do any work.
    Also Katie's huge norks are so distracting it's difficult to focus on anything else.

Ha ha! I'm gay and even I found the norks distracting!

Micah was some sort of hotshot online stockbroker, I think.