Comments

• escapeintonightescapeintonight Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Or LIVING HD

I think that has started on Sky within the last week or so
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Or LIVING HD

You can get Living HD and frankly, is there much decent content on Film4HD anyway?
  • escapeintonightescapeintonight Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    You can get Living HD and frankly, is there much decent content on Film4HD anyway?

Shame about the adverts , but I think for film fans I can find more films worth recording per week on Film4 than across all of the Sky Movie channels that even admit to showing 5 new films a week all of which are out on dvd.

Film4 have a good selection of rarities .
  • Caffe LatteCaffe Latte Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Watching the Madonna concert. Brill in HD. And I've got the volume cranked up because my neighbours are away this weekend.

It looked fantastic in HD.. really good :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame about the adverts , but I think for film fans I can find more films worth recording per week on Film4 than across all of the Sky Movie channels that even admit to showing 5 new films a week all of which are out on dvd.

Film4 have a good selection of rarities .

I manage to find 5 new films on Sky Premier every week without trying very hard. As for the DVD comment, why would anybody subscribe to a bunch of Movie channels then rent DVD's on top? Doing one or the other would seem to be the most sensible approach!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its amazing how HD we now have compared to about 18 months ago - Virgin have come on leaps and bounds !
  • johnboy726johnboy726 Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed !

considering we only had BBC HD we now have what is it 15 HD Channels now .

$ky Fanboys can continue to pay for there subscriptions when all out HD is FREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):p

BTW does nayone know ehn BBC 1 HD is starting I can't wait to watch Eastenders in H D, ???
  • Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnboy726 wrote: »
    Agreed !

$ky Fanboys can continue to pay for there subscriptions when all out HD is FREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):p

...except for the Sky premium stuff.

Oh, we get that cheaper than the Sky customers - well we do get two channels less.
  • johnboy726johnboy726 Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh Ye I forgot $ky $ports and movies lol :p
  • ek-ukek-uk Posts: 2,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johnboy726 wrote: »
    Agreed !

I'm happy but I'm sure many Sky customers also find their service value for money. The good thing is that for people who want HD virgin is now giving Sky a run for their money. Competition is a great thing for us customers.
  • NostalgicNostalgic Posts: 7,188
    Forum Member
    I hope Sky1 show Malcolm in the Middle from the start as they keep going back to season 3 onwards, which is understandable as S3-onwards was originally shown in 720p. But i'm sure they can upscale the earlier seasons. I also like how they show it in it's original widescreen ratio :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has a been a great addition - really good line-up of shows on Sky1 HD - my V+ is struggling to cope!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JL wrote: »
    This has a been a great addition - really good line-up of shows on Sky1 HD - my V+ is struggling to cope!

Mine too. Bones and Lie to Me new series starting October 20th too...