Options

Which male or female do you think everybody considers to be hot?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,779
Forum Member
✭✭✭
leading on from the "Is your partner hot" thread

No modern names immediately come to mind because I'm an old git, but the young Elvis, Sophia Loren, Elizabeth Taylor, Robert Redford, Rock Hudson are some names off the top of my head. In their prime they seemed to be universally recognised as "hot".

Or is it all totally subjective?

Comments

• Options
    KarlSomethingKarlSomething Posts: 3,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fame is somehow a turn-off for me, so I would say no one, because by the time you've checked with everyone, they'd be famous, if they weren't already.
  • Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty subjective but i would say probably Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie from modern day will please most people and I'd say Raquel welsh from the olden days.

Cue a load of people saying that Angelina is a minger, that's not the point, I mean they are found to be good looking by more people than not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think anybody who I think is hot is known outside of South America, but I have a soft spot for Miro Moreira, Alexandre Barillari, Deigo Pombo Lopez, Cauã Reymond, and Victor Belfort, as well as my boyfriend.

I can also see the appeal of a young Marlon Brando, even though he had the wrong hair colour.
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Marilyn Monroe
    Paul Newman
    Angelina Jolie
    Johnny Depp
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well of course not every single person would find one particular person hot, but I think the worldwide sex symbols at the moment include Beyonce, Kim K, Nicole Scherzinger, Angelina Jolie and Rihanna. I'm not sure who's 'in' at the moment man-wise.
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Well of course not every single person would find one particular person hot, but I think the worldwide sex symbols at the moment include Beyonce, Kim K, Nicole Scherzinger, Angelina Jolie and Rihanna. I'm not sure who's 'in' at the moment man-wise.

I really don't get the whole Rihanna thing. I find her funny looking and not attractive.

I would add James Dean to my list.
  • Options
    Enfant TerribleEnfant Terrible Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    leading on from the "Is your partner hot" thread

No modern names immediately come to mind because I'm an old git, but the young Elvis, Sophia Loren, Elizabeth Taylor, Robert Redford, Rock Hudson are some names off the top of my head. In their prime they seemed to be universally recognised as "hot".

Or is it all totally subjective?

There was a thread on here a while ago about the most beautiful female ever, and if I remember well Elizabeth Taylor came out top,by a fair margin.

But yes, it will always be subjective. Take Rihanna for example, she's considered to be one of the most beautiful celebrities around, and I don't get that at all. Sexy body yes, but her face? Very, very plain imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a thread on here a while ago about the most beautiful female ever, and if I remember well Elizabeth Taylor came out top,by a fair margin.

But yes, it will always be subjective. Take Rihanna for example, she's considered to be one of the most beautiful celebrities around, and I don't get that at all. Sexy body yes, but her face? Very, very plain imo.
    Wow. Elizabeth Taylor had a double chin for most of her life and Rihanna is all forehead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. Elizabeth Taylor had a double chin for most of her life and Rihanna is all forehead.

Okay maybe I should have clarified Taylor when she was young.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely Elvis. And who doesn't like David Tennant? :p
    Can't think of any universally-fancied women at the moment, but I'm sure there'll be some...
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ross Kemp :)

Phwoooarr
  • Options
    Baboo YaguBaboo Yagu Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member
    Back in their prime, Louise Brooks, Audrey Hepburn, Julie Christie, Natalie Wood.
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    Definitely Elvis. And who doesn't like David Tennant? :p
    Can't think of any universally-fancied women at the moment, but I'm sure there'll be some...

Ow come; nothing is universal but I see women every day who almost all straight guys would fancy.

As for stars how many chaps would give say Liz Tyler or Kate Beckinsale the elbow. :D
  • Options
    Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we should consider everyone at their peak. Sophia Loren's has of course lasted for 50 years.

Surprised by the Ross Kemp and David Tennant, I'd always put those two into the "niche" interest category
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we should consider everyone at their peak. Sophia Loren's has of course lasted for 50 years.

Surprised by the Ross Kemp and David Tennant, I'd always put those two into the "niche" interest category

I wanted to marry David Tennant. Then he married another Dr's daughter :mad:

Plus I was already married and apparently I'm not allowed more than one husband :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessica Alba seems to appeal to every man and his dog.
  • Options
    Baboo YaguBaboo Yagu Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member

I have cats, but Jessica Alba. Oh yes! Dayum she is hot!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baboo Yagu wrote: »
    I have cats, but Jessica Alba. Oh yes! Dayum she is hot!

She seems OK in a hot girl-next-door way.

Aishwarya Rai, Nicole Sherzinger are more the kind of look I was thinking of.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dunno about Ross Kemp, don't find him even remotely attractive but I can assure you that David Tennant broke millions of female hearts when he got married!

I also assumed that my current crush would be quite niche, but apparently I'm very wrong. How they kept this man hidden for 35 years I seriously don't know.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b018ttws (on the left, although his sidekick isn't half bad either)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dunno about Ross Kemp, don't find him even remotely attractive but I can assure you that David Tennant broke millions of female hearts when he got married!

I also assumed that my current crush would be quite niche, but apparently I'm very wrong. How they kept this man hidden for 35 years I seriously don't know.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b018ttws (on the left, although his sidekick isn't half bad either)

Mmmm Benedict.

Is he married? :)

Oh forgot, husband already :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    Mmmm Benedict.

Is he married? :)

Oh forgot, husband already :(

Haha Lizzy I think we might have similar taste in men.

Benedict is very much single ;)
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    23 posts and no mention of Samantha Brick - 4fuxake wot is wrong with you people ?!?!?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I could have said that maybe 5 years ago, however since then I think it has all been Megan Fox, Pixie Lott, Katy Perry... I hear these same ones over and over....
  • Options
    SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And who doesn't like David Tennant? :p
    Um, every female I know? Especially when he puts that gormless stare on his face. How anyone could find that attractive, let alone "hot", is beyond me.
    Completely agree.