Anyone get reminded of the Friends final episode tonight -EastEnders

SJFerrolSJFerrol Posts: 357
Forum Member
How Ross desperately tried to get to the airport in time!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was reminded of it, but instead of the brilliant, well-deserved ending to a chapter in a pair of well-loved characters from a Sitcom, this was a very poor, almost overly slapstick, ludicrous attempt to reunite a couple I believe should never, ever get back together.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friends version was funny and brilliant, EE version was rubbish, not funny and generally whole pile of poo.
  • andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL yes. At one time I said "Get off the plane" and thought of the FRIENDS finale..
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It reminded me more of the film Liar Liar when Jim Carrey's character hijacks the stairs that lead to the plane and rides it along side the plane looking through the windows until he locates his ex-wife and son. I thought for a minute that was what Alfie was going to do.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was a poor attempt and so unrealistic but enjoyable anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It reminded me more of the film Liar Liar when Jim Carrey's character hijacks the stairs that lead to the plane and rides it along side the plane looking through the windows until he locates his ex-wife and son. I thought for a minute that was what Alfie was going to do.

For me it was an amalgamation of the two, plus it felt like a failed attempt at making a romcom.
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was actually waiting for an 'I got off the plane..." :cry::D
  • Miss MelonMiss Melon Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    My mum and I were there watching it shouting out "did she get off the plane?!" as Alfie was taken off :p

I am willing to forgive the liberties taken with poetic licencing or whatever it was that made tonight's ep so comedic because I, for one, am pleased to see Kat and Alfie reunited. Alfie never worked with Roxy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It reminded me of that, but also of the Gavin & Stacey episode when he tries to follow her onto a train to propose and gets battered by the station staff for ignoring the regulations. Alfie would have been arrested!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bianca was driving a taxi, as Phoebe did in that episode of Friends!
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should have been more of a ffish called Wanda ending! With them both jetting off
  • Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least Alfie didn't say that there was a problem with the phalange on the plane.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It reminded me of Corrie when Eileen was running down the train station platform to stop Tiny from leaving:o
  • NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least Alfie didn't say that there was a problem with the phalange on the plane.

:D It would of made the scene better if he had said that!!
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least Alfie didn't say to kat
    " I married roxy because WE WERE ON A BREAK"
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally!

'ALFAYYYY!!! .... I got off the plane!' and left the little one with the trolley dolly :D