Options

Sabotage

Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I can't find a thread about this film so I thought I'd start one.

Has anyone seen Arnold Schwarzenegger's latest film about a group of DEA agents....................................................?

I thought it was pretty entertaining overall, although it did drag in the middle slightly, for reasons that are probably necessary due to the plot.

It had a very good twist in the end, although the very end is a little far fetched & silly.

Not a bad film & will appeal to anyone who's enjoyed any of Arnie's comeback films, like I have.

Comments

• Options
    paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes saw this last week and I really enjoyed it although it was a little too violent at times.

Arnie was great as usual but he really looks his age in this.

Also I definitely recognised the storyline from somewhere. I assumed it as a remake of something but it doesn't mention it any of the reviews.
  • Options
    FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulsh1 wrote: »
    Yes saw this last week and I really enjoyed it although it was a little too violent at times.

Also I definitely recognised the storyline from somewhere. I assumed it as a remake of something but it doesn't mention it any of the reviews.

Yeah it seemed like it was too good not to have been used before..
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulsh1 wrote: »

Agreed, Arnie is looking very old these days.

Ironically, this is the first of his comeback films that he hasn't alluded to his old age, even if he looked older than I've ever seem him in a film.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw this the other day. I really wish i could give it a good review but i can't. It's not a bad film but i certainly can't recommend it.

It's nasty, dirty, filthy, grimy, mean and horrible and there is not one likeable character in the whole film. It's great Arnie's trying something new like this and a bit different but overall he doesn't convince. The ending is completely ridiculous.

The best characters in the film are actually the two females played by Olivia Williams and Mireille Eros but that's not saying much. Hats off to Eros though for playing a drug addicted crazy, psycho, superbitch; her performance is a blast! :D

How the hell this got a 15 certificate i have no idea! t's extremely violent, contains heavy blood, guts and gore including torture and honestly should have been a 18. One of the most violent films i've seen in the cinema in a very long time. The Raid 2 is nothing compared to this.

I expected better from David Ayer (wrote Training Day, wrote and directed Harsh Times, wrote and directed End of Watch) but ultimately it was disappointing.

My favourite Arnie comeback film so far is The Last Stand. Very under-rated.
  • Options
    MonsterMunch99MonsterMunch99 Posts: 2,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was properly dreadful. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.
  • Options
    Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this last night. Don't get me wrong, i'm all for a bit of classic Arnie, Commando, Predator, Red Heat, Raw Deal, The Running Man, i'll always give him a watch.

Dreadful.

It started off ok and showed some promise. As others said, it clearly dragged in the middle then the 'twist', if you can call it that, was just ridiculous with just as a ridiculous ending. Cant believe it's from the same guy who did Training Day and directed End of Watch. Although to be fair, Training Day never grabbed me as I just wasn't convinced with Denzels performance. End of Watch on the other hand was good.

Mirelle was great though. The rest of the cast seemed like a load of Hollywood outcasts that got a bit too big for their boots (Perrineau and Howard spring to mind straight away).

Odd film. Could've been so much better, really quite easily.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was disappointed in this movie.

Poor script.

Was it filmed in a particular way as the cameras kept moving quickly?