Options

Humax HDR rubbish!!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
Forum Member
For some stupid reason or other it keeps not doing the R bit of its name, so far it has forgetten this week:mad:

Lark Rise To Candleford tonight - not recorded.:mad:

A few programmes off hte info channel - not recorded.:mad:

HDR was off off not in warm off like it should be when waiting to record.

What the hell is it playing at and when will it be fixed?:mad:

So far due to the failings I have had to resort to obtaining and BT Vision replay TV, and simple miss the episode:mad:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    For some stupid reason or other it keeps not doing the R bit of its name, so far it has forgetten this week:mad:

So far due to the failings I have had to resort to obtaining and BT Vision replay TV, and simple miss the episode:mad:

If your first language is not English forgive me, but I am having difficulty with this post!
  • Options
    GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caldirun wrote: »
    If your first language is not English forgive me, but I am having difficulty with this post!

then why respond to it? makes sense to me
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hmmm reread - one hte rather than the.

Perhaps English is not your first language:)
  • Options
    EnactOnlineEnactOnline Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't understand this. If you could avoid using words such as "rubbish", "stupid" and "hell", all of which are falsely expressive tabloid words, and just explain what is happening in simple English, we will try to help you. :)
  • Options
    alan.walan.w Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm reread - one hte rather than the.

:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The red mist has descended!
    For some stupid reason or other it keeps not doing the R bit of its name, so far it has forgetten this week
    So if it has forgotten to not do the R bit - you mean it has recorded? :confused:
    Lark Rise To Candleford tonight - not recorded.
    Was it told to?
    A few programmes off hte info channel - not recorded.
    What info channel are you talking about?
    :confused::confused:
    Playing at what? :confused: What is there to be fixed? :confused:
    :confused::confused:
  • Options
    macharemachare Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't say what was happening to the STB when the recordings were missed.

Do you have both tuners connected? and if so have you checked that you have a good signal from both cables?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    then why respond to it?
    Good point. I'll respond to the only part I can understand:
    Humax HDR rubbish!!!!
    The Humax FOXSAT-HDR PVR is a new model and "early adopters" understand that it will have "bugs" or "unwanted features".

If you explain your problem succinctly then I'm sure that other owners will tell you if what you are trying to describe is a known "feature" and if they've found a workaround.

However, the aggressive and incomprehensible approach may not be fruitful.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The thing is connected to the LNB with two cables, it was told to recprd = set up on guide and the Info channel os the Info channel - somewhere in the 400s

HDR High Def Recorder or similar and it is a very unreliable device.

Doesn't warm start stays completely off not waiting.

Don't worry gone to Humax forum - last stop before a refund and building a DSAT tuner equipped PC
  • Options
    shrekshrek Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lark Rise to Candleford recorded fine for me just use the series link on EPG

I have experienced though the HDR not coming on when you press on button. The last time this happened was when I turned tv, HDR etc off at mains and then turn back on at main socket and when you press on button on HDR it hasn't come on the display changed slightly but it didn't say boot
  • Options
    EnactOnlineEnactOnline Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want to help, but I can't understand what he's written. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member

'off off not in warm off' - what does this mean - I take it to mean totally switched off not in standby - if this is the case I cannot believe you think it will switch itself on at the socket (maybe even plug itself in?) just because you set up a future recording?
  • Options
    ian-dian-d Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Damn, I knew I should have taken those 'code breaker' lessons :D :rolleyes:
  • Options
    tintin Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it with everyone on here? All collectively got out of the wrong side of the bed? OK it's not fantastic english, but the OP is perfectly comprehensible aside from the last sentence which doesn't really make a lot of difference to the point.

The HDR is not recording stuff it has been set for, and waits in the power-saving version of standby rather than the more conventional standby when - apparently - it shouldn't.

Perhaps the power-saving version can be disabled completely? (I know it can on the Fox) Maybe that will assist?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    then why respond to it? makes sense to me

To inform the poster that I was having difficulty understanding their problems!
    If it makes sense to you it could be due to reading all the Sun newspapers you pack into your larger suitcase!
  • Options
    bramblebramble Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martin, It's been reported in another thread that, if you perform a manual tune in non-Freesat mode, the existing schedule is lost. Have you perhaps done this? On the other hand if you've turned the box right off, ... :confused:

Whether the schedule loss is a bug (I expected far more bugs as an early adopter) or a poorly documented feature, having experienced it myself, I now avoid manual tuning. Consequently, I have found the Foxsat-HDR recording schedule to be impressively effective and reliable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tin wrote: »
    What is it with everyone on here? All collectively got out of the wrong side of the bed? OK it's not fantastic english, but the OP is perfectly comprehensible aside from the last sentence which doesn't really make a lot of difference to the point.
    I think if you come on here looking for help*, then you don't pull tantrums, throw toys out of the pram, and blow raspberries!

A coherent post would help too ;):D

*Or maybe the OP just wanted a rant!
  • Options
    GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it makes sense to you it could be due to reading all the Sun newspapers you pack into your larger suitcase!

It makes sense to me because I take the time and effort work out what other people contribute to the forum instead of making critical or juvenile comments.
  • Options
    White-KnightWhite-Knight Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is connected to the LNB with two cables, it was told to recprd = set up on guide and the Info channel os the Info channel - somewhere in the 400s

HDR High Def Recorder or similar and it is a very unreliable device.

Don't worry gone to Humax forum - last stop before a refund and building a DSAT tuner equipped PC

If there is anything wrong then its almost certainly with your individual box.

You're condeming the whole of Humax production on the basis of one box when most of us have never had a serious problem.

My hard drive is 87% full after Christmas - thats how many recordings I've made - 17 films, 3 animations / animated films, 7 programmes, 27 recordings total and thats only the ones I kept. Its only ever missed one. Its fully functional and as reliable as hell. Its an excellent box in my experience so far.
  • Options
    White-KnightWhite-Knight Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW I also just checked, the box doesn't need to be in "warm up" in order to make a recording.

I've just set mine specially for you and turned it off at the box into low power mode - red light on the front.

Its just started recording even though its in power save mode - red light still on, on the front but REC is lit and the box is active.

Conclusion, you have a faulty individual box.

Try a reset and firmware upgrade, if not return the box for a new one.
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps the OP was tuned into a non-Freesat channel when he put his box into standby?
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP's post seemed clear to me. A bit mangled in places but the intent was obvious. Those of you suggesting that he improve his writing skills might want to improve your own comprehension skills :D

It's a bit disturbing to see this thread. My 9200 has been forgetting timers (ie;removing the timer, not just ignoring it) since I got it this time last year. Humax have yet to issue a fix for this apparently known issue.

If this is a bug with the new PVR then I hope you don't have to wait over 12 months for a fix. This is exactly why I won't buy any more Humax kit. They talk up a good story but personally I have yet to see any concrete action from them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BTW I also just checked, the box doesn't need to be in "warm up" in order to make a recording.
    Of course it doesnt, Ive made about 30 successful recordings like that and not one failure. It boots up 15 mins before a recording is due to start.

Either that one box is faulty or its user error which wouldnt surprise me.
  • Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andrue wrote: »
    The OP's post seemed clear to me. A bit mangled in places but the intent was obvious. Those of you suggesting that he improve his writing skills might want to improve your own comprehension skills :D

It's a bit disturbing to see this thread. My 9200 has been forgetting timers (ie;removing the timer, not just ignoring it) since I got it this time last year. Humax have yet to issue a fix for this apparently known issue.

If this is a bug with the new PVR then I hope you don't have to wait over 12 months for a fix. This is exactly why I won't buy any more Humax kit. They talk up a good story but personally I have yet to see any concrete action from them.

99.9% of these problems arise from duff series recording data from the broadcasters. I have 3 pvrs Topfield 5800 (using non freesat+ firmware), A Humax 9200T with series recording turned off by setting auto padding and Foxsat-hdr with auto padding set and always choose single programme. I have never failed to record anything on any of them, very occasionly you miss a bit of either end but this is minor compared to the number of lost recordings resulting from using series or accurate recording. Very often missed ends appear on the start of the next recording anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are regular screw-ups with Sky's series linking, I am sure... I imagine TiVo's Season Pass does not get it 100% either...