Coach Trip

Comments

• BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps I'm biased, but Cherelle has a great bod. I did warm to those two.

:D

Let's hope we get some eye candy next series!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I can only assume Carol and Bill were really interesting and exciting off camera. All the comments of "we love you" and "you were an inspiration to us" just didn't seem to marry up with what they've shown us on the programme. Not a good result :(
  • televizortelevizor Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zedd is a stupid fool for causing that accident. No more segways please. Even if Brendan likes them.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PERILLA wrote: »
    Well I can only assume Carol and Bill were really interesting and exciting off camera. All the comments of "we love you" and "you were an inspiration to us" just didn't seem to marry up with what they've shown us on the programme. Not a good result :(

Yes it was all a bit strange if you ask me. I really cant understand why the majority didnt vote for Will and Craig!
  • flyonthewallflyonthewall Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it was all a bit strange if you ask me. I really cant understand why the majority didnt vote for Will and Craig!

Just let it go already!! Lol. They were on the longest, so that's something.

How about a female version of jolyon and edward for the next series. I don't think they've ever had a couple of posh girls on. That would be a bitch fest lol.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=televizor;75712371 ]Zedd is a stupid fool for causing that accident. No more segways please. Even if Brendan likes them.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree, although he did redeem himself by voting for her and Bill to win after referring to her as an "old biddy". I am quite happy with that result, I didn't particularly like any of the couples on the coach this year besides the twins, so after all the mishaps Carol had through the fault of others I feel she deserved the win. To give her her due, she put all she had into every task and only came to harm by the hands of others. I find the suggestions by some here that she needs to act her age and stop showing off quite baffling! She was just taking part FGS and fair play to her. I hope they enjoy the coach holiday they won :)
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was very bland and she was just a bit too confident for my liking

"Confident" being the polite name for it :D
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for that :)
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SO happy Will and Craig did not win! My least favourite couple on the entire trip!

Love Carol, so happy she will get to experience something like this again <3

Hoping for more diversity in this next series. Was disappointed how the young couples clearly had a voting alliance and always voted the same every round. Surprised none of them were disqualified for the blatant voting pattern.
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,698
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    So pleased for Carol and Bill but 2 couples winning :o
    Must have been why Brendan was conserving his budget :D
    (yes, I know it's probably sponsored by the coach company, but that's not so funny)
    :D Let's hope we get some eye candy next series!
    I wouldn't hold your breath BG :kitty:
    I completely agree, although he did redeem himself by voting for her and Bill to win after referring to her as an "old biddy". I am quite happy with that result, I didn't particularly like any of the couples on the coach this year besides the twins, so after all the mishaps Carol had through the fault of others I feel she deserved the win. To give her her due, she put all she had into every task and only came to harm by the hands of others. I find the suggestions by some here that she needs to act her age and stop showing off quite baffling! She was just taking part FGS and fair play to her. I hope they enjoy the coach holiday they won :)

I thought it was the right result and that Z had been bloody awful calling her an old biddy, not even by her actual name :confused:
    I'm pleased they won as I think they'd be the couple who'd appreciate the prize most of all - am fairly sure Craig and Will were all 'coached out' and there win was not having been voted off.
    I don't think the actual prize is all that really.

This was the worst series I've watched and I really didn't get the twin love (so to speak) Here's to Monday.
  • SemillionSemillion Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    Must have been why Brendan was conserving his budget :D
    (yes, I know it's probably sponsored by the coach company, but that's not so funny)

I wouldn't hold your breath BG :kitty:

I thought it was the right result and that Z had been bloody awful calling her an old biddy, not even by her actual name :confused:
    I'm pleased they won as I think they'd be the couple who'd appreciate the prize most of all - am fairly sure Craig and Will were all 'coached out' and there win was not having been voted off.
    I don't think the actual prize is all that really.

This was the worst series I've watched and I really didn't get the twin love (so to speak) Here's to Monday.

She is an old biddy, an annoying old biddy and a show off of an old biddy with dyed red hair at that. One has to wonder if she had spent a year locked up somewhere secure prior to joining the coach because she behaved as though she had not been taken for a walk outside in the fresh air for quite sometime.

Will and Craig did not win because the newbies voted for the newbies. Anyone who had joined the coach within the last 7 days were newbies in my opinion and that includes the Essex pair Ken and Miss Crotch.
  • SparklySwedeSparklySwede Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite pleased the result wasn't as predictable as I expected. AKA I assumed Will and Craig would win by a mile.

Not so impressed by Dino and Cherelle's success, but I did really like Carol and Bill so I'm glad they were joint winners. I wish they had been on longer. I'm surprised people on here didn't like them! Though I definitely see the point re: Carol showing off; even though I'm not convinced that was necessarily her intention I can see how her behaviour could be interpreted that way.

Zedd and Sapphire redeemed themselves a little by voting for Bill and Carol after Zedd's stupidity. I also thought the exchange between B&C and L&...her mother during the vote was sweet. :)

All in all I think it ended on a nice and pleasant note which made up for all the bitchiness! Looking forward to a new lot starting on Monday though!
  • LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We only see a tiny bit of the programme the rest is edited. Perhaps will and craig were just boring........off camera. I found them boring, to be honest they just made sarcy comments about people.

Carol and Bill perhaps had more charisma then the lot of them, and regardless i thought she was a plucky bird, jeez i am 63 and would have done all those things if i didnt have MS.

Lets face it IF Tarzan hadnt done the Heimlich maneuver on her and nearly broke her rib and that idiot rapper hadnt tried to kill her on the sedgeway she would not have been harmed in the filming lol. Non of it was of her making was it?

Perhaps the got voted because they were plucky.

Lets face it, they won a voucher for a coach trip, could be anywhere even just a week around England I dont expect any expense was spared lol.....

As to Will and Craig they did win really didnt they, they saw everything until the end. I cant quite see them being on a sedate coach trip with some old biddies going to Austria can you lol........
  • LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too perhaps its an ageist thing? I am 63 and if not ill now i would have beaten the hell out of those youngsters, who screamed all the time, moaned, and whined about the bloody food, and were as interesting as a box of dead frogs.

The only ones who stood out seemed to be the quirky (twins), and carol the lionheart lol...the rest were a bore fest.

Will and Craig were just rude i thought and all I ever saw was the one with glasses making sarcy comments.....the other one was asleep half the time....well looked it.

I wasnt impressed with any of them to be honest, and carol and bill were like a bit of fresh air at the end lol....even with comedic value............bless her cotton socks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    i dont particulary care who won but I am legitimately disappointed that dino and charelle only won because they clearly threw their vote at a dummy couple to help their own chances. Will and Craig on the ither hand gave a legitimate vote.

But if they were gonna give a prize to a draw, then they should have bloody voted for one seperate couple each so they all win
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semillion wrote: »
    She is an old biddy, an annoying old biddy and a show off of an old biddy with dyed red hair at that. One has to wonder if she had spent a year locked up somewhere secure prior to joining the coach because she behaved as though she had not been taken for a walk outside in the fresh air for quite sometime.

Will and Craig did not win because the newbies voted for the newbies. Anyone who had joined the coach within the last 7 days were newbies in my opinion and that includes the Essex pair Ken and Miss Crotch.

What on earth has Carol done to deserve that? She has dyed hair - whew, that's terrible. So have most of the female coach trippers - and Zedd, too, by the look of it. Or is it only a bad thing because she's over 60? By showing off, I take it you mean she participated in all the activities with enthusiasm. If she hadn't you, or someone else, would have criticised her for not joining in.

Her crime in your eyes appears to be that she is 'old' and automatically therefore a 'biddy' whatever that is. She's also 'annoying' apparently by being there, taking part and enjoying herself.

What a depressing attitude.
  • televizortelevizor Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but...

Will and Craig are set to win. Production company stages a segway accident between Zedd and Carol. Carol and Bill win on a sympathy vote.
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was a dull ending to a dull series. I didn't mind Carol and Bill but didn't see anything likeable about Dino and Cherelle to make them worthy winners. Strange how they all LOVED Will and Craig but they didn't get the votes - some tactical voting going on I think. Particularly from aforementioned Himbo and Bimbo.

I wonder if the horrendous Zed was encouraged to work for Bill and Carol after his nasty comment about an old biddy going flying.

I actually wish Zed and Sapphire had joined the trip earlier, only so that we could have seen them voted off.

Well I hope the passengers and activities are a bit better next week!
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone one know if we'll get to see cast pics of the new cast before Monday's new series starts?
  • justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    televizor wrote: »
    There is some inconsistency with the tasks. They couldn't go kayaking in the rain, but they can crawl through mud.

I give up.

You don't know much about rivers do you? The fact that it had been raining meant that the river would be running higher and faster than usual. As a result underwater features, rocks etc could have been re deposited in different places. And as the river is higher and faster new and unpredictable currents could have developed.

In those circumstances would you want to risk your life taking a bunch of first timers down the river?

Before you respond, I suggest you do a Google search for the experienced men killed kayaking down a river in Northumberland in exactly the same conditions you want amateurs to try.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,547
    Forum Member

Same here. I would love to have her energy and her love for doing exciting things when I get to her age. Good on her and glad they were part winners. Well deserved.
  • KIZZY007KIZZY007 Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Same here. I would love to have her energy and her love for doing exciting things when I get to her age. Good on her and glad they were part winners. Well deserved.

Quite right, if she had backed down on the activities they would have been voted off as "looking tired", "it's too much for you", "you need a rest", "we worry about you" etc. etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    justatech wrote: »
    You don't know much about rivers do you? The fact that it had been raining meant that the river would be running higher and faster than usual. As a result underwater features, rocks etc could have been re deposited in different places. And as the river is higher and faster new and unpredictable currents could have developed.
    Some years back I was given a kayaking day as a present.
    It poured for about a week before, and the evening before the event I got a phone call from the company saying it was cancelled because 'there was too much water' :D
  • theidtheid Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    Perhaps I'm biased, but Cherelle has a great bod. I did warm to those two.

Is he in one of the plethora of Xmas ads?
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What on earth has Carol done to deserve that? She has dyed hair - whew, that's terrible. So have most of the female coach trippers - and Zedd, too, by the look of it. Or is it only a bad thing because she's over 60? By showing off, I take it you mean she participated in all the activities with enthusiasm. If she hadn't you, or someone else, would have criticised her for not joining in.

Her crime in your eyes appears to be that she is 'old' and automatically therefore a 'biddy' whatever that is. She's also 'annoying' apparently by being there, taking part and enjoying herself.

What a depressing attitude.

Yes, and very ageist. It sems that all kinds of bad behaviour, bad fashion sense, etc. can be tolerated as long as the person isn't over a certain age. I wonder what that age is...

I hope I still have her spirit by the time I'm her age! :)