Options

A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone :)

How are you all? I have a saturday off for the first time in ages. Looking forward to it though I have no plans. I have no money, sadly.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Evening Mimi! I've just had another hectic week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening Mimi! I've just had another hectic week.

Good job it's the weekend then! :) doing anything to celebrate?

I'll be having a hot bath, using a face pack and then curling up in bed with a DVD.

Rock n roll!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not really. There's no rest for the wicked :p I still have work to do. I have to write two learning journals about what I learned at some guest seminars I went to this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ahh right.

At least you can listen to music whilst doing that. Anything in particular on your playlist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As long as I don't type song lyrics into it! I don't think my lecturers would be too pleased to read learning journals with song lyrics :o Britney mostly :p I played nothing but Britney yesterday because I went to a certain office ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon

What are you all up to?

I'm listening to "Going To Hell" by The Pretty Reckless and wishing that I had tickets to see them in London on Wednesday night. I'd love to see them live but I've been to Brixton before and I didn't feel at all safe. It's a shame really because Brixton Academy is a great for a show.

That's the problem really. All of the people/bands that I want to see play in Brixton or Shepherd's Bush. :( It's frustrating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello :)

Glad to be home! It's awful outside, it hasn't stopped raining all day. Sadly I've got to go back out in that later on to go to radio.

What have you all been up to?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm having dinner and I was asked to put the X Factor on. Mum has taken a liking to it and my parents are away and they want to know who's been eliminated. I personally hate the show but what can I do? I might do more on my learning journal after. The weekend has gone by so quick! Off to college again tomorrow :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening :)

How are you, cnbc?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning! I'm up at this ridiculous hour because I'm going on a field trip for the day and I have to catch the train to Dublin at half 7 to be there for half 10. Madness! >:( I'll be wrecked. It was hardly worth going to bed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening.

How are you all?

I'm curled up on the sofa with a cup of tea watching TV. I have the house to myself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I was on a field trip in Dublin and I'm on the train home at the moment. It's really quick and I've got the internet and everything. You could say I'm living the life of Riley here :D
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a lecture n the Irish War Of Independence today CNBC thought you'd approve :p.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well it sounds interesting :p It was the War of Independence that led to the creation of the Irish Free State and the 1922 Constitution. That later became the 1937 Constitution and the latter one is still valid today, but it has been amended loads of times. I've got a copy of it on my desk beside me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning.

I'm job hunting whilst listening to Paramore's re-release called the "Self-Titled Deluxe" which features some b-sides and some live tracks. There's also a re-recording of "Hate To See Your Heart Break" featuring Joy Williams, formally of The Civil Wars :)

It's only available as a download at the moment. I'm waiting for a physical release, assuming that there will be one at some point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning Mimi! Off to college soon. My Mental Health Law lecturer wants us in to discuss what we learned on the field trip yesterday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning Mimi! Off to college soon. My Mental Health Law lecturer wants us in to discuss what we learned on the field trip yesterday.

Got lots to report? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    Got lots to report? :)

Well I learned a lot but our lecturer said we're not allowed to talk about it too much. We went to a mental hospital but I can't say where and I can't say too much, but I can say it was really interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Afternoon.

Just got in and had a hot bath. Curled up on the sofa now surfing the 'net and listening to Thirty Seconds To Mars on Spotify.

I'm really wishing that I had tickets to see The Pretty Reckless in London tonight. I wouldn't be able to get there, sadly. Plus I have no money at all until Friday. I probably won't see a penny of it seeing as I have to renew my car tax and pay my insurance. :(

I have been trying to save a little bit of money for after Christmas as the chances of staying in this job are slim seeing as it is a temporary position over the festive period. Hopefully I'll get kept on or I'll find something full time.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody sitting on my IQ today because the servers for February projects are down so I can do no testing :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bloody sitting on my IQ today because the servers for February projects are down so I can do no testing :mad:

Well that's not very good! Is there someone there to fix the servers?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evening, Truth. Hope that gets sorted soon.

I'm eagerly awaiting dinner. I'm starving! :D