The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 32)

Comments

• d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    lewisfry wrote: »
    In hoping leona has secretly been working with coldplay on this album:)

I could happen!!

Chris Martin is a huge fan of Leona :D

http://www.leona-lewis.net/chris-martin-praises-leona/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I agree.. However, Im still not annoyed :p I can wait just a little longer, but I hope we get it before summer cause I will cry if I know it's november release....

Don't forget, this thursday she's performing somewhere so new videos coming soon! :D

Meanwhile Im listening to Celine Dion, I grew up with her music and I haven't listened for a long time to her music and now I have this song on repeat : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxoj-tDDIU&ob=av2e

I can't stop listening........

Yeah I suppose , I have been listening to some Bruce springstein , adele, emeli Sande, Rebecca ferguson, Mumford and sons and Leona Lewis most of all.

I am just desperate to hear her new material, I loved the EP and listen to it all the time. I am desperate for trouble and blank page. I just hope half of her songs haven't been scrapped which I think is likely. I hope we get at least 15 songs on this album. Or a double disc sasha fierce style album, I also want a bonus deluxe edition with a DVD of the making of the album and music videos. We should expect nothing less. The labyrinth tour should defo have had some special features.
  • poker_faceLeonapoker_faceLeona Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't be November, it would be too long from now!

I don't mind that Leona takes some time off and keeps recording songs for her album.
    It saddens me that we haven't had any high quality recordings since ages.
    Leona's voice is so beautiful now, what are they waiting for?
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    DanEcho wrote: »
    Yeah I suppose , I have been listening to some Bruce springstein , adele, emeli Sande, Rebecca ferguson, Mumford and sons and Leona Lewis most of all.

I am just desperate to hear her new material, I loved the EP and listen to it all the time. I am desperate for trouble and blank page. I just hope half of her songs haven't been scrapped which I think is likely. I hope we get at least 15 songs on this album. Or a double disc sasha fierce style album, I also want a bonus deluxe edition with a DVD of the making of the album and music videos. We should expect nothing less. The labyrinth tour should defo have had some special features.
    Are you reading my mind ?:D
    Forum Member
    Was Trouble leaked??

I'm sure I saw something on the internet when Collide first came out, saying 2 minutes of Trouble had leaked?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you reading my mind ?:D

Must be lol :)

I think for this album Leona just need to Let Rip.

Put herself out there, jump up for duets and feature on other musicians songs, people must love to have her vocals on their tracks. Release singles like mad, hey ho if all of them don't do well. It's time they just go for it. What has she got to lose. She also has to do a other run, film herself nailing a classic song and making it her own, Run got everyone talking. Bruce Springstein Dancing In The Dark, I would love to hear her sing that !!!

I still would like a cover on this album cause I just love hearing her rendition of a song cause I know I will connect to it because of her voice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Was Trouble leaked??

I'm sure I saw something on the internet when Collide first came out, saying 2 minutes of Trouble had leaked?

I didn't believe it and Neither do I now , if it leaked someone would have got hold of it and it would have been leaked again. Also dean piper did say that it's not even finished, their trying to get it right, he gave it rave reviews so don't know why they need to keep tweaking it.

Poor songs that thought they were going to be included on glassheart but have been given the boot because the delay. For me a song which features leona is sacred for my ears.

I bet you those little songs were amazing aswell too, hope the little babies leak. :p
    Forum Member
    I didn't believe it and Neither do I now , if it leaked someone would have got hold of it and it would have been leaked again. Also dean piper did say that it's not even finished, their trying to get it right, he gave it rave reviews so don't know why they need to keep tweaking it.

Poor songs that thought they were going to be included on glassheart but have been given the boot because the delay. For me a song which features leona is sacred for my ears.

I bet you those little songs were amazing aswell too, hope the little babies leak. :p

Dean Piper's amazing review gets me so excited for Trouble. A couple of other journalists tweeted about it too, around the same time Dean did and they said it was amazing too :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't pre-order leonas album as I am scared incase they are late, get lost in mail etc.

I swear I can see it happening. I will walk into HMV pick the album up and probably fall to my knees in tears thanking god this day has FINALLY come, I will cry all the way home and I will cry to every track and when it is finished I will cry again and put it straight back to beginning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dean Piper's amazing review gets me so excited for Trouble. A couple of other journalists tweeted about it too, around the same time Dean did and they said it was amazing too :D

Oh I didn't see their tweets, yeah I wanna hear trouble so desperately. I don't know why but I keep having a feeling that it is gonna sound an awful lot like Heaven.
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't pre-order leonas album as I am scared incase they are late, get lost in mail etc.

I swear I can see it happening. I will walk into HMV pick the album up and probably fall to my knees in tears thanking god this day has FINALLY come, I will cry all the way home and I will cry to every track and when it is finished I will cry again and put it straight back to beginning.

Hahaha I lol'ed :')
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so this has nothing to do with any of the conversations on here, but the US version of the Voice is on tonight, and this is there 3rd battle rounds episode, and they have the songs up for pre-order on Itunes. Anyway, I was looking, and one battle duo is singing Bleeding Love tonight :D That just made my day, hopefully they're good!
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member

You did it again ! :D
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so this has nothing to do with any of the conversations on here, but the US version of the Voice is on tonight, and this is there 3rd battle rounds episode, and they have the songs up for pre-order on Itunes. Anyway, I was looking, and one battle duo is singing Bleeding Love tonight :D That just made my day, hopefully they're good!

Oh that's lovely, I hope it's on youtube soon
    Forum Member

Brilliant :D

Someone auditioned last year singing Bleeding Love. The girl who sang it was no Leona but she ended up in Christina's team :D
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ah awesome. I watch The Voice US :D Do you know who is singing it? From the singers list on wikipedia my guess will be Ashley De La Rosa and Jonathas. :( I love Ashley but she had like 10seconds of air time so obviously she won't get through:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Oh that's lovely, I hope it's on youtube soon

I'm subscribed to an account on youtube that puts the performances up the next day, so I'll post it here tomorrow :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant :D

Someone auditioned last year singing Bleeding Love. The girl who sang it was no Leona but she ended up in Christina's team :D

Oh yeah, I remember her :p I think she made the live shows but didn't make it past the first cut of the live shows.
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    Ah awesome. I watch The Voice US :D Do you know who is singing it? From the singers list on wikipedia my guess will be Ashley De La Rosa and Jonathas. :( I love Ashley but she had like 10seconds of air time so obviously she won't get through:(

I love Ashley too! She has covers on Youtube and they're all amazing!! I'm pretty sure Jonathas will win though since he got more screen time.

They're singing No Air by Jordin Sparks. The duo that's doing Bleeding Love is on Team Adam, so unless he has two guys singing it, which wouldn't be completely crazy, I think it's Angel Taylor and Katrina.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They're singing No Air by Jordin Sparks. The duo that's doing Bleeding Love is on Team Adam, so unless he has two guys singing it, which wouldn't be completely crazy, I think it's Angel Taylor and Katrina.

Angel has won it hands down. I wish Ashley got through. Shark In The Water is a hard song to sing since VV Brown has a distinctive voice but damn she owned it. I'm hoping she comes out of nowhere and takes down Jonathas. You can tell by the screentime who will win each battle round haha my guess will be

Gwen Sebastian / Erin Willet
    Nathan Parrett / Pip
    Erin Martin / The Shield Brothers
    Katrina Parker / Angel Taylor
    Ashley De La Rosa / Jonathas

So you can hold that too me :p I know for a fact i'll be awake, so I like to check the US itunes top 1000 to see if Bleeding Love climbs up it. I usually see Bleeding Love floating about but hopefully it can push it up, keep Leona in the Americans minds. :D
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right well I'm back from New York!

Anyone from here signed up at myglassheart.com? seems there's some posters posting in there at last! :D
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Was Trouble leaked??

No, but the danger has to be the longer they delay the album the more likely leaks are to happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, but the danger has to be the longer they delay the album the more likely leaks are to happen.

A lot of tracks from Echo leaked didn't they? Part of me doesn't want any of her tracks to leak... but I'm not against a demo or 12 leaking:o
  • Gobstopper13Gobstopper13 Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, Leona definitely shouldn't go for rnb stuff unless she has Bleeding Love-quality single.

I disagree. IMO album 2 should have shown progression from Spirit in the vein of songs like Yesterday, and Take a Bow. I think that kind of pop/rnb sound would have sat better with the general record buying public than what we got with Echo. Obviously with the success of Run, the temptation was to try and create a pop/soft rock/indie style album. This is certainly felt in the likes of Naked, Love letter, SCYHO.

As we can see now, Leona probably didn't know really what direction she wanted her musical sound to go in at the time of Echo. While the end product is ok, it seems there was little conviction in the style of album Leona wanted to make.

Now we can see that Leona is or has experimented and seems to have a clear idea of the kind of album she wants to make. I think that because Leona wasn't the most "musically mature" artist following Spirit, she should have stuck with the RnB leanings of Spirit rather than kind of heading towards pop/rock but not following it through.

I would have loved to see more of this on album 2 rather than Naked, love letter, brave:

http://www.tagtele.com/videos/voir/25722

Taking out the rap, Leona's vocal is so sultry and suits the rnb style of backing track. There should have been more of Can't breathe bass and less of Naked guitars. IMHO.
  • poker_faceLeonapoker_faceLeona Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona introduced me to a bunch of songs I LOVE Now.
    And it's only because the way Leona sings it, her style. I wouldn't have payed attention to these songs otherwise.

Examples:
    Unchained Melody
    Somebody to love
    Kissing You
    First Cut is the deepest (I hated the country version but because of Leona I LOVE the song now)

Do you also have some?
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must be lol :)

I think for this album Leona just need to Let Rip.

Put herself out there, jump up for duets and feature on other musicians songs, people must love to have her vocals on their tracks. Release singles like mad, hey ho if all of them don't do well. It's time they just go for it. What has she got to lose. She also has to do a other run, film herself nailing a classic song and making it her own, Run got everyone talking. Bruce Springstein Dancing In The Dark, I would love to hear her sing that !!!

I still would like a cover on this album cause I just love hearing her rendition of a song cause I know I will connect to it because of her voice.

I really don't want anymore covers, I want this album to be full of original material. I like Leona's covers but for now I want them to be from live lounge, or do what Alexandra did and just do videos of covers for fans.

I also don't want a lot of tracks on the album just for the sake of it. I would rather Leona puts 10 really strong tracks on the album and get amazing reviews and potentially awards (which would help with sales), than for her to put 15 or so songs on with some of them being weak and dragging the reviews down. Though if she does only put 10 on, at least put the rest on and EP or just have them leak.
This discussion has been closed.