Options

American Horror Story S5: Hotel

Comments

• Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if the show will have any nods towards The Happiness of the Katakuris?
    It's quite a quirky horror musical comedy movie set in a family run motel where the guests keep dying. It has musical song moments.
    So I think AHS in it's general theme could follow a similar route?
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Naomi Campbell joins for two episodes. Her character will be associated with Gaga's.
    Someone needs to tell Naomi she is a crap actress. She was awful in Empire.
  • Options
    anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naomi Campbell joins for two episodes. Her character will be associated with Gaga's.
    Someone needs to tell Naomi she is a crap actress. She was awful in Empire.

This just gets worse and worse. I was going to watch the first episode to give it a chance, but I don't think I can bring myself to. It just sounds toe-curling.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    She wasn't great in Empire but if it's only two episodes, then we can move on from them, hahaha.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darren Criss in talks to join for a recurring role
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many cast members now in total?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    How many cast members now in total?

In terms of regular, recurring and guests we've got ....

Lady Gaga, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Kathy Bates, Cheyenne Jackson, Matt Bomer, Wes Bentley, Angela Bassett, Denis O'Hare, Chloe Sevigny, Lily Rabe, Finn Wittrock, Emma Roberts, Max Greenfield, Richard T. Jones, Naomi Campbell, Helena Mattson and possibly Darren Criss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There will likely be more announcements. I believe production only began less than 3 weeks ago so still a long way to go for more updates. Ryan has hinted of past characters from past seasons crossing over, like how Pepper did in Freak Show.

Naomi is only doing two episodes
    Emma is doing the back end of the season
    While i assume Max Greenfield won't be around long due to New Girl, which resumes production in September/October due to Zooey's maternity leave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    In terms of regular, recurring and guests we've got ....

Lady Gaga, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Kathy Bates, Cheyenne Jackson, Matt Bomer, Wes Bentley, Angela Bassett, Denis O'Hare, Chloe Sevigny, Lily Rabe, Finn Wittrock, Emma Roberts, Max Greenfield, Richard T. Jones, Naomi Campbell, Helena Mattson and possibly Darren Criss.

Seems like a LOT. Will they be able to focus on the primary cast?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madchen Amick confirmed. She will play a mother of a young boy who is ill and Chloe Sevigny's character will be the doctor looking after him

For those not familiar with the name, she played Shelly in Twin peaks and the aunt in Witches of East End.

Season 5 confirmed to begin on the 7th october.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to what i've been reading it seems this season will centre around Gaga's character. She's the owner of the hotel, evil, bisexual and is in multiple r'ships.

Denis O'Hare and Kathy Bates characters will be working in the hotel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan Murphy has said Hotel will contain the most disturbing scene in the show's history. New Girl actor Max Greenfield (Schmidt) will be at the centre of the storyline.
    Murphy said it (via TVLine) will be "the most disturbing scene we've ever done".

He added: "He really pushed himself as an actor. I was proud of him."

Greenfield will play an addict who "tangles" with Sarah Paulson's character who lives in the hotel.

"I said [to Max], 'I have a feeling that you can and want to do something really f****d up.' And he said, 'How did you know?' So he cut off his beautiful hair and dyed it.

"And I think he's lost 30 pounds. Yesterday, I talked to him and his waist I think is down to a 27. So he's really committed to it."
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope they have a better writing team for this season.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Not very pumped for this, to be honest. Remember when Murphy said that Freak Show was going to be the scariest season yet?
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    What has me most excited is the parallels being made to season 1. It clinches it just ahead of asylum as my favourite season.

What era is Hotel supposed to be set in? I thought it was supposed to be 50s (and I can't find the source that I read that) but I just read an article with Ryan Murphy where he says that the Murder House will feature in S5, and Marcy the estate agent will be back. Unless, again, like season 1, we jump between different time periods, that would mean we have a modern setting for the show?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/american-horror-story-hotel-ryan-091011269.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was meant to be set in the 50's but it seems it is set in the present day. Ryan Murphy has confirmed this season will have a connection to Season 1. We will see Marcy the real estate agent who was responsible for selling the Murder House to the Harmons, and will now be selling the Hotel to Gaga's character. We will also see the Murder House it's self in one episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    I thought it was meant to be set in the 50's but it seems it is set in the present day. Ryan Murphy has confirmed this season will have a connection to Season 1. We will see Marcy the real estate agent who was responsible for selling the Murder House to the Harmons, and will now be selling the Hotel to Gaga's character. We will also see the Murder House it's self in one episode.

As an update on this, I just read online that the series will jump between the present day where Gaga owns the Hotel, and the 1930s, when Evan Peter's character first builds it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    As an update on this, I just read online that the series will jump between the present day where Gaga owns the Hotel, and the 1930s, when Evan Peter's character first builds it.

Ahh i see
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ryan Murphy has hinted at doing two seasons of AHS next year. One for the spring and a second for the fall. He has also hinted at Jessica Lange returning this season in a small role. Rumor has it she could be returning as Constance, due to Hotel's connection to Murder House.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Details on the Halloween episodes, plus confirmation of Darren Criss's casting too ....

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/30...e-darren-criss
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    I'm intriuged. It's a strong setting, and Lady Gaga is definitely a different type of casting, but I think the departure of Jessica Lange needed to be addressed with another big name.

Hotel has great potential, as did freak show. Hopefully it won fizzle out again this upcoming series!

An hotel is a great idea but no Jessica is a terrible thing.