New Series - Dark Matter (UK Pace)

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I hope there's a decent reason for 2 because there's the android who can detect things and when she had the virus she went through a myriad of scans which surely should have flagged anything abnormal up.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps the virus *caused* her healing abilities, given that it was not originally intended as a zombie virus but as an immortality virus... Maybe, for whatever reason, it actually worked on Two, whereas with all other people it turned them into zombies.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    Perhaps the virus *caused* her healing abilities, given that it was not originally intended as a zombie virus but as an immortality virus... Maybe, for whatever reason, it actually worked on Two, whereas with all other people it turned them into zombies.

That would make sense really so probably. I think we are all pretty confident that she won't have been killed off from the show. There is too much mystery with her as a character for her to have been killed off at this stage.
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I hope there's a decent reason for 2 because there's the android who can detect things and when she had the virus she went through a myriad of scans which surely should have flagged anything abnormal up.
    So the android did know. I thought it would be odd to dismiss the scan results.

Good ole nanobots :D
  • MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donna255 wrote: »
    I actually like it:blush:

Did start watching as nothing else on, but now enjoying the show.

Ditto.

This weeks episode was quite enjoyable and not half bad for Syfy.

I like all the non humans. Also I have my doubts about the girl. Actually maybe the whole crew are illicit company products.
    Forum Member
    Some good twists appearing in this series. Really enjoying it.

Setup nicely for the season finale. Hope it gets a second.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some good twists appearing in this series. Really enjoying it.

Setup nicely for the season finale. Hope it gets a second.

I agree, some nice developments.

I do wonder if the second android, the hologram, may be to blame for the recent attack. Perhaps something during the explosion caused her to take on a real form - she certainly was not happy with the androids decisions in the episode. Also surely the hologram has to come in to it/be of some use at some point otherwise it is pretty pointless.

My vote is that the hologram was the attacker.

BIB - It has just been renewed so yes a second series to follow :D
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    I think the Hologram is just there to show just how unlike a normal Android our Android is becoming. Even if it was able to take physical form its function would be to protect the ship and it's crew. It may be more dispassionate about it but I can't see it actually turning on the crew for no reason.

I wonder if we will find out how their memories were wiped in the finale or if they are going to keep that mystery going?

I guess it depends how confident they were of being picked up by the time they filmed it!

Definitely glad to hear it's been renewed. I'm really enjoying this.
    Forum Member
    I can't see how the android becomming physical would manifest itself.

At the end of the episode it was consentrating on 5. She's having dreams again. Listened to the audio file and worked out how to reprogram the navicom.

Would be a bit obvious though to go from them scenes to her being a traitor.

Another option would be that there is an imposter onboard but then how would they have got on the ship and how would they know where the vault & weapons where, never mind knowing the passcode.

Anyway, not long to go to find out at least some of what's going on :)
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can handle a bearded chubby Will Wheaton, but ZP is playing it way too similar to Brent Spiner. During many of her scenes she comes across to me as someone trying very hard to imitate Data and it ends up taking me out of the scene. Overall the series has improved as its gone on and there are things I've learned to live with, but she's still my one sticking point.
    Forum Member
    RebelScum wrote: »
    I can handle a bearded chubby Will Wheaton, but ZP is playing it way too similar to Brent Spiner. During many of her scenes she comes across to me as someone trying very hard to imitate Data and it ends up taking me out of the scene. Overall the series has improved as its gone on and there are things I've learned to live with, but she's still my one sticking point.
    petely wrote: »
    The robot also seems to be a mixture of Romy (also from Andromeda), Stan Laurel and Lt. Cmdr Data.

After reading that I think about it everytime she's on screen :D
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always found her annoying, but she was annoying in Lost Girl too. At least in this she has an excuse.
  • cj592cj592 Posts: 4,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thoroughly enjoyed that show. Can't wait til series 2. A great last episode.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,587
    Forum Member
    ^ Yes. Agreed.

I think this show has been my "slow-burn breakout" hit of this year. ie one that I wasn't sure about to start with but it grew on me.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I was a bit iffy at the start. But I grew to like it. Would give a second series a good chance.

I'm normally one for pegging stuff but I didn't see that coming. Should have really....
    Six was always too nicey nicey to be an outlaw.
    Forum Member
    I thought that was a bit of a let down as a season finale. The first half was boring and the second kind of disjointed with all the cat and mouse and people turning on each other. Didn't grip me as I thought it would.

Looking forward to season 2 though.
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 102,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought that was a bit of a let down as a season finale. The first half was boring and the second kind of disjointed with all the cat and mouse and people turning on each other. Didn't grip me as I thought it would.

Looking forward to season 2 though.

yeah I thought much the same.......but I did like that 'Good, Bad, Ugly' stand off just before the invaders arrived.......
  • GDKGDK Posts: 9,467
    Forum Member
    Well, I was a bit iffy at the start. But I grew to like it. Would give a second series a good chance.

I'm normally one for pegging stuff but I didn't see that coming. Should have really....
    Six was always too nicey nicey to be an outlaw.
    Neither did I but "being too nice" does't work as a meta-explanation and doesn't fit what we know "in 'verse" - his "terrorist" background was clearly shown. My theory is that he's betrayed the crew to get another chance to kill the general (that set up the attack on that space station without telling them thousands of innocents would die).

It took a while but it has grown on me and looking forward to season 2. I hope they start using names instead of numbers.
    Forum Member
    GDK wrote: »
    Neither did I but "being too nice" does't work as a meta-explanation and doesn't fit what we know "in 'verse" - his "terrorist" background was clearly shown. My theory is that he's betrayed the crew to get another chance to kill the general (that set up the attack on that space station without telling them thousands of innocents would die).
    I don't think there's a need for spoilers now that the episode has been broadcast. Plus it's just speculation.
    What you've posted could be what happened but if he was that angry about the betrayal then he would now be kicking himself at being involved with blowing up a planet and wiping out the 15,000 population.
    Forum Member
    At the start I thought it was an odd choice for a finale episode. The previous one would have made a better finale being much more fast paced and action packed.

Having said that it was pretty enjoyable. I kind of guessed who it was based on the fact that he seemed the least likely which is always the case with these things!

I can't fathom why he would have done it, though. Given that there's another season and, assuming they're not writing him out, my guess is that there's some twist coming where it turns out he was acting in everyone's best interests all along but I've no idea how they'd swing that!
    Forum Member
    I don't think there's a need for spoilers now that the episode has been broadcast. Plus it's just speculation.
    What you've posted could be what happened but if he was that angry about the betrayal then he would now be kicking himself at being involved with blowing up a planet and wiping out the 15,000 population.

You've certainly blown it now if there are any spoiler-phobes reading this thread. It's still quite early after the broadcast so there may be others who read this thread who haven't caught up with the last episode yet, especially with holidays an' all at this time of year. And I couldn't post that speculation without revealing who the (apparent) betrayer was. What's wrong with being a little bit considerate?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, as long as the thread pace is respected, one second past full episode* broadcast and spoilers tags are out. If someone who doesn't want to be spoiled comes into a thread once the latest episode has been broadcast they only have themselves to blame if they are spoiled. Using spoiler tags past broadcast is going beyond consideration, it's pandering to stupidity and self-entitlement.

*Not even full episode broadcast tbh, some people like to post as stuff is being broadcast.
    Forum Member
    I agree with Rebel Scum. People should know not to come into an episode thread after the episode has been broadcast if they don't want to be spoiled on that episode!
    Forum Member
    Apparently me being considerate of other spoiler-phobes is worthy of comment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GDK wrote: »
    Apparently me being considerate of other spoiler-phobes is worthy of comment.
    Apparently so

Sorry, I'm nothing if not predictable :p