Options

Educating the East End

Comments

• Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that the same girl who we saw her mum earlier?

Yes it is... The poor mum looked like she was finding it very hard to keep it together, and I'm sure at one point she nearly dropped off to sleep.

Didn't realise she was that ill, knew that she was having treatment but didn't realise it was terminal. Poor lass.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Many schools start their gcse courses in year 9.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is that the same girl who we saw her mum earlier?

Yes :(
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahh - Options! When Computer Studies was a new course back in 1984-85... and my path started.

RML Link 480Zs - I remember them well..
  • Options
    Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    Yes it is... The poor mum looked like she was finding it very hard to keep it together, and I'm sure at one point she nearly dropped off to sleep.

Didn't realise she was that ill, knew that she was having treatment but didn't realise it was terminal. Poor lass.

Same I didnt realise the mum was terminal either :(
    Grouty wrote: »
    Yes :(

oh no I feel so sorry for her :(
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    redpower wrote: »
    Many schools start their gcse courses in year 9.
    Yep, some do AS Levels in GCSE too.
  • Options
    jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    I trained via the PGCE route. Teach First and Schools Direct are incredibly difficult methods in comparison and are essentially one way of the government saving money on training.

I certainly wouldn't advise people to go that way.

I saw the programme last year where they followed the 6 Teach First students. It did look quite horrific in rather too many ways!

Have you stuck it out and survived to come out the other side feeling better about the job? Well done to you if you have! Teaching isn't a vocation for nothing, though - doing the job properly means living and breathing the job all day, every day for most of the year. (Despite what some think to the contrary - the 89% pass rate for my English class in the August results came at the expense of most of my family life, weekends and every holiday until we broke up for the summer. And now I'm about to do it all over again... but I wouldn't do anything else!)

Oh dear, I felt for him in that observation, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    Ahh - Options! When Computer Studies was a new course back in 1984-85... and my path started.

RML Link 480Zs - I remember them well..

Yikes that was the year I left school.... Ok now I feel old :p
  • Options
    ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if he got 'good' then...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yikes, was that a teacher? The one with the blue shirt on and his tie undone and hanging down his front? No wonder the kids are unruly...
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe this ..... The Head and Deputy are encouraging Mr B to use appropriate language in class and expect the same from pupils yet they address pupils as "Hun":D
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cringe ..... Mr B is desperate to be Tawnys mate.
  • Options
    SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    People on twitter complaining this is not as good as Educating Yorkshire.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We never had any of these pastoral care people/home support worker when we went to school... Unfortunately it was a case of coping on our own with stuff.. Maybe this is why some kids are like they are, they've been namby pambied at school.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They shoot horses, don't they? Well maybe they ought to shoot that filly Tawny...
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cor I'm glad I'm don't have to go to school with that lot.

It worries me that our civilization will survive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh so the mum didn't die after all...
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    They shoot horses, don't they? Well maybe they ought to shoot that filly Tawny...

We need more hair dressers.
  • Options
    ali1234ali1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he allowed tawny to chew gum while he spoke to her. wrong. you have to be strict on every little thing or else you get walked over!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ali1234 wrote: »
    he allowed tawny to chew gum while he spoke to her. wrong. you have to be strict on every little thing or else you get walked over!

Hubby saw that and was absolutely horrified.. He's going to ring up the headmistress, at the school, where he's a governor at and see how she took to the show... I imagine the air might be a bit blue down the phone..lol
  • Options
    Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh so the mum didn't die after all...

I'm glad shes ok, I thought they was gonna say she was dead tbh :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need more hair dressers.

And that is what is wrong with the education system. Back up plan to be a hair dresser, not encouraged to get a career in anything stimulating i.e. financial, law, secretarial or something like that.
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hubby saw that and was absolutely horrified.. He's going to ring up the headmistress, at the school, where he's a governor at and see how she took to the show... I imagine the air might be a bit blue down the phone..lol

Is he that small minded?
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They always want to be hairdressers or end up doing college courses in hair and beauty or something like that.

Next week looks to be a carbon copy of an episode of Educating Yorkshire, focussing on two boys, one old, one young. I think they've rushed this out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    Is he that small minded?

No, he knows she will be watching it so will ring her up and have a chat about it.. But he knows how she will probably view it..