Soap lovers who have stopped posting or are posting less?

O-JO-J Posts: 18,846
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm sure this time 2012 there were a big bunch of us EE crew rambling on for 10 pages,
what happen to those days when the forum was buzzing more than teenage house partys.

Anyone know of anyone who has stopped posting or are posting less than normal.

What ever happen to the Max's diary threads as well as the trapped in a Vortex thread. :D

I used to be on here 24/7 but now, about 10-15 minutes a day at the most as my work hours are crap.

Comments

• BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't come on here as much as I used to but I don't think anyone notices my absence :cry::D
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadLadAsh wrote: »
    I don't come on here as much as I used to but I don't think anyone notices my absence :cry::D

To be honest I don't even remember you in the soap section back in 2012, your more fresh in my memory from the 2014 days to me. ;-) :D
  • BadLadAshBadLadAsh Posts: 28,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    To be honest I don't even remember you in the soap section back in 2012, your more fresh in my memory from the 2014 days to me. ;-) :D

At least you remember me! thats the main thing :D
  • AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No one on here notices my absence at all, but yet when i reread some of my old posts I'm pissing myself laughing.

People leave because there's no craic on here anymore.
  • Essex_BoyEssex_Boy Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    ive been watching this forum way before joining it

it's all the good posters who stop posting cos theyve been banned

imatt_101, joe_Zel, d.dota, sultanina, radcliffe

the controversial ones that are entertainin are all gone
  • AndreaMCAndreaMC Posts: 3,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Charley says, and Uncle something or other??? and that whiskered one.
    They must all be in that big old forum in the sky.

And a shout out for Marley o.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Essex_Boy wrote: »
    ive been watching this forum way before joining it

it's all the good posters who stop posting cos theyve been banned

imatt_101, joe_Zel, d.dota, sultanina, radcliffe

the controversial ones that are entertainin are all gone

Joe_Zel was banned hundreds of times and came back hundreds of times, If he wanted to he could have came back as Lez_Eoj < Joe_Zel backwards. He could post the same shit and know one will know. :D

I miss Priscilla, One of the people I would have been friends with in real life. :(
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    I miss Broken Arrows posts on Eastenders. Still posts but infrequently. a very thoughtful,intelligent and entertaining poster.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    When EE was crap no one seemed to care about the jokey posts and threads, most of the time the eppy threads were a lot more fun than the actual episodes.

Now days the forum seems to be filled with posters who are more offended at the jokey threads and posts. A lot of decent members such as Beaconboof and Chris were given bans. A lot of posters have left as a result, others post a lot less than they used to while a few of us have reined in the crazy posting.

This forum used to have some great characters and oddballs and their posts were encouraged :D
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Same with me actually.
    I don't bother as much on here now.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I'm still here, I have got rather lazy in my posting habits though!
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    When EE was crap no one seemed to care about the jokey posts and threads, most of the time the eppy threads were a lot more fun than the actual episodes.

Now days the forum seems to be filled with posters who are more offended at the jokey threads and posts. A lot of decent members such as Beaconboof and Chris were given bans. A lot of posters have left as a result, others post a lot less than they used to while a few of us have reined in the crazy posting.

This forum used to have some great characters and oddballs and their posts were encouraged :D

This.

The forum is far less colourful than it used to be, and the level of debate is just not what it once was. I don't post nearly as often as I used to, sadly.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's boring. And a lot of the newer posters aren't as fun or invigorating as some of the older ones.

I had some great nights debating (aka arguing ;)) on here.
    Forum Member

Perhaps we should try and work on a plan to create a ds oddball renaissance?! :D

Or in general a way to encourage these types of posters to return and other ways to improve forum life and atmosphere?
    Forum Member
    bass55 wrote: »
    This.

The forum is far less colourful than it used to be, and the level of debate is just not what it once was. I don't post nearly as often as I used to, sadly.

How can this be changed /improved or are these of an era we can't get close to again On here?
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    I miss Priscilla, they were very friendly, anyone where they are? I say they as I can't remember if they were female or male lol.
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good threads are closed or moved to general/chat. Controversial FMs are banned
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although I didn't always agree with them (well, never agreed) I do miss the likes of monalisa and Beaconboof. They certainly made the discussions more interesting :D

I also miss the contributions of Joe_Zel, Filiman, Radcliffe, and priscilla. Broken Arrow is still around but sadly doesn't post as often.
    Forum Member
    Although I didn't always agree with them (well, never agreed) I do miss the likes of monalisa and Beaconboof. They certainly made the discussions more interesting :D

I also miss the contributions of Joe_Zel, Filiman, Radcliffe, and priscilla. Broken Arrow is still around but sadly doesn't post as often.

Broken Arrow is divine-top class poster!
    Forum Member
    This.

It's not too bad at the moment, but at one point anyone who was different and quirky seemed to be attacked constantly.

Then we had all that business with the multiple accounts and fake Twitter doodahs a few weeks back, that seemed to put people off a lot.
    Forum Member
    How can this be changed /improved or are these of an era we can't get close to again On here?

Respect.

Say a new member posts a thread on a subject that is already being discussed, if they get hounded about it they will be put off posting again. But this happens all the time. Manners costs nothing :)

Sometimes it's hard to grasp people's tones, I myself am straight talking and direct and I think sometimes people think I am having a go at them but I am actually not. I do try and put more focus on my tone these days as there was a stage when all I seemed to be doing was offending people, which was never my intention. I think that's something we could all maybe focus on.
    Forum Member
    Respect.

Say a new member posts a thread on a subject that is already being discussed, if they get hounded about it they will be put off posting again. But this happens all the time. Manners costs nothing :)

Sometimes it's hard to grasp people's tones, I myself am straight talking and direct and I think sometimes people think I am having a go at them but I am actually not. I do try and put more focus on my tone these days as there was a stage when all I seemed to be doing was offending people, which was never my intention. I think that's something we could all maybe focus on.
    Init ppl proper have a go at me some people just need sme chill
    Forum Member
    Also I think it's worth bearing in mind that we get people from all walks of life on here. I have seen people go absolutely nuts at people with bad grammar, when firstly this place is somewhere to relax and so you won't always be so focused on grammar and secondly some posters may suffer with something like dyslexia.
    Forum Member
    Also I think it's worth bearing in mind that we get people from all walks of life on here. I have seen people go absolutely nuts at people with bad grammar, when firstly this place is somewhere to relax and so you won't always be so focused on grammar and secondly some posters may suffer with something like dyslexia.
    exactly couldnt give two shits bout my spelling its not an english literature lesson
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Essex_Boy wrote: »
    exactly couldnt give two shits bout my spelling its not an english literature lesson

Spelling is more English Language than Literature ;).