'The bro code'

Are we still in high school?:rolleyes:

To quote Bowling For Soup:

'Highschool never ends' :p
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bendy wrote: »
    No I absolutely do NOT feel sorry for Marcus.

He has been SUCH a snake.. weedling his way around Noirin despite what she says/does.. Telling her she is WRONG that she DOES like him really etc etc.. (that gets on my bloody nerves).. and the sneaky way he slates the people she feels threatened by (with her)

Look at the way he slags off Tom.. saying he knew he was a' wrongun' the minute he came into the house.
    He's trying to get Tom nommed in my opinion, by running him into the ground with everyone else.
    Marcus is a sneaky little man.. and he has got what he totally deserves (IMO)

Don't hold back, say what you really think :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Not a jot!
    This is exactly what he needs to wake himself up from his delusional existence. Maybe NOW he will get it through his thick cranium that Noirin doesn't like him!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i feel really sorry for him. i can stand him but i think the way noirin and siavash did what they did was really low.

noirin and siavash are supposed to be marcus's friends, good friends, and i dont give a rats ass about who has done what for who. they (noirin and siavah) treat marcus like they are good friends, confide in him and turn to him for support. in return noirin and siavash behave like inconsiderate, spinless kids.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    STWChris wrote: »
    To quote Bowling For Soup:

'Highschool never ends' :p

Great video to that song!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,390
    Forum Member
    schmelly wrote: »
    i feel really sorry for him. i can stand him but i think the way noirin and siavash did what they did was really low.

noirin and siavash are supposed to be marcus's friends, good friends, and i dont give a rats ass about who has done what for who. they (noirin and siavah) treat marcus like they are good friends, confide in him and turn to him for support. in return noirin and siavash behave like inconsiderate, spinless kids.

Well said, exactly how I feel.

I feel for Marcus but more importantly I feel for Siavashs gf. Im not doubting his attraction Noirin but you wait until you can end it, if he had anything about him but last night he behaved like a dog on heat.

Marcus has been two faced about Noirin yes, slagged her off but looking at it from the other side its easy to imagine why he doesnt trust her. And Siavash, I have a feeling that will hurt Marcus more than Noirin? I genuinely see him as a proper mate to Siavash. Siavash to him, not a jot, they even made a joke out of him last night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When all is said and done, it won't be the fact that Marcus has lost the girl that upsets him the most, but the way Siavash and Noirin went about it.

Sly and cowardly are words that spring to mind.

It will be a real test of Marcus' character to see how reacts. One thing for sure though, he will never trust either of them again.
  • dog_eat_dogdog_eat_dog Posts: 3,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When all is said and done, it won't be the fact that Marcus has lost the girl that upsets him the most, but the way Siavash and Noirin went about it.

Sly and cowardly are words that spring to mind.

It will be a real test of Marcus' character to see how reacts. One thing for sure though, he will never trust either of them again.

But Siavash and Noirin owe Marcus nothing!! He doesn't own Noirin, in fact, he's been slagging her off to other HMs recently. If they have a chance of being happy together, why should Marcus figure into it at all?

I would also say it's more sly and cowardly to threaten to put a fist through someones face when they're not in the room.
  • alibeealibee Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    whilst marcus makes me heave both with his behaviour (eg toenail chewing) and what he says (eg get your sexy arse over here noirin) i do feel sorry for him because i think he genuinely thinks he is gorgous and will be absolutely devastated when he comes out of the house and sees how he has been perceived!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand what they're meant to do. Marcus is very possessive over Noirin and cockblocks at every opportunity. Finally, her stalker is out the way and they can spend some time together. A lot of you are talking like Marcus has some sort of claim over her, and that Siavash should respect that claim. From my position, he has been told where he stands, and he knows Noirin isn't interested, but he won't let go.

Sure, it hurts when someone you like isn't in to you, and when they get it on with someone else, but he has been obstinate, stubborn and not to mention lied to the others when its come to the state of his relationship with Noirin. She's been very clear to him. What else would you like them to have done instead? Asked his position?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    But Siavash and Noirin owe Marcus nothing!! He doesn't own Noirin, in fact, he's been slagging her off to other HMs recently. If they have a chance of being happy together, why should Marcus figure into it at all?

I would also say it's more sly and cowardly to threaten to put a fist through someones face when they're not in the room.

Quoted for truth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Don't hold back, say what you really think :)

hahaha! :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,464
    Forum Member
    Marcus is a far better housemate away from Noirin ...Siavash is inadvertantly doing him a favour ...hopefully in time Marcus will realise this...but he has every reason tobe angry, not because they want to stage a showmance, but because of the underhanded,sneaky childish way they have gone about it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do, :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

just because one is wrong doesnt make the other better.

as for not owing marcus anything:confused:. i'm befuddled, arent the three of them friends, or did i miss something? i like to treat people with respect even acquaintences. but i guess people are just different:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wanda64 wrote: »
    Marcus is a far better housemate away from Noirin ...Siavash is inadvertantly doing him a favour ...hopefully in time Marcus will realise this...but he has every reason tobe angry, not because they want to stage a showmance, but because of the underhanded,sneaky childish way they have gone about it!

I just hope that he surprises everyone and accepts it graciously. I can only see that happening if Siavash & Noirin go talk to him today. If they sneak around and he finds out, then he has every right to get angry.
  • johnwelshmorrisjohnwelshmorris Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That man is to obsessed with Norion,the poor girl is treading on egg shells around him.

lol she was even happy when he was locked up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If that's what you think, you would appear to value friendship and trust in the same manner as Siavash, although to give Siavash his due, at least he's showing some signs of guilt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    schmelly wrote: »
    as for not owing marcus anything:confused:. i'm befuddled, arent the three of them friends, or did i miss something? i like to treat people with respect even acquaintences. but i guess people are just different:(

Genuine question - what should they have done to treat him with respect, ask his permission? I think he intimidates her a little. She's unsure around him.

I've lived with someone like him in the past, he made it very hard for me to get to know anyone because he laid a claim on me at every opportunity. There were 15 of us living together, we even ended up finding a small attic room he didn't know about to get some space, I had a special door knock with my best mates in the house and I had to sneak out the house in case he knew I was going out because he'd follow me. I'd tried being direct, nice, nasty, stern, gentle etc etc - nothing sunk in. Sometimes, people don't want to accept the truth.
  • Miss FoxfaceMiss Foxface Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laika wrote: »
    I just hope that he surprises everyone and accepts it graciously. I can only see that happening if Siavash & Noirin go talk to him today. If they sneak around and he finds out, then he has every right to get angry.
    If Marcus behaves cooly about it, I BETCHA Noirin will cool towards Siavash!! She is THAT type, she likes a reaction!;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcus is pathetic, moaning to everyone about Tom trying to turn them against him simply because he is jealous and threatened by him. He sounds like a 12 year old girl coming up with silly reasons. He thinks he is all knowing but he is just as thick as all the others. And god she could stand in front of screaming saying "I don't fancy you" and he would still go on about how certain things make him feel it is more than friendship...ie what normal people call conversation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and I loved how he was bitching about Tom thinking he was getting somewhere with Noirin and how he was deluded when he did not realise that she was in bed with Siavash at that very moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alibee wrote: »
    whilst marcus makes me heave both with his behaviour (eg toenail chewing) and what he says (eg get your sexy arse over here noirin) i do feel sorry for him because i think he genuinely thinks he is gorgous and will be absolutely devastated when he comes out of the house and sees how he has been perceived!

Mentally I am not sure how he is going to cope. You can see the papers in a few months time "How Big Brother ruined my life!" I can't see him handling the subsequent publicity too well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for Marcus.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation I think he genuinely cares about Noirin, and he'll be hurt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lofichic wrote: »
    Genuine question - what should they have done to treat him with respect, ask his permission? I think he intimidates her a little. She's unsure around him.

I've lived with someone like him in the past, he made it very hard for me to get to know anyone because he laid a claim on me at every opportunity. There were 15 of us living together, we even ended up finding a small attic room he didn't know about to get some space, I had a special door knock with my best mates in the house and I had to sneak out the house in case he knew I was going out because he'd follow me. I'd tried being direct, nice, nasty, stern, gentle etc etc - nothing sunk in. Sometimes, people don't want to accept the truth.

i'm sorry about the ass that gave you ahard time and i hope everything worked out.

as for answering the what should they have done? ask his permission? its not them getting together that bugs me, these things happen. i just find it really distasteful and horribly insensitive that they did it in his bed. i know its a small thing but it really bugs me on sooo many levels. not least that its marcus's bed, yuk!!!