Death in Paradise - Series 2

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 510
Forum Member
✭✭
Returns 9pm on Tuesday 8 January 2013 BBC1

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    Can't wait, Ben Miller makes this - cormudgenly {sp?} sod that he portrays is so like someone I know.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    LCDMAN wrote: »
    Can't wait, Ben Miller makes this - cormudgenly {sp?} sod that he portrays is so like someone I know.

Close enough :D

But then it is New Year's Eve so I'll forgive you :D
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed the last series, except the onw where the Scottish actress played lead.

So looking forward to this starting. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    scotch wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the last series, except the onw where the Scottish actress played lead.

So looking forward to this starting. :)

She was dreadful which is a shame as she'd normally rather good
  • jerseyporterjerseyporter Posts: 2,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait for the new series - loved Series 1! (And I have a soft spot for Danny John-Jules after loving Red Dwarf ever since it started!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep Tuesday's evenings are gonna be sunny evenings (At least for the next 8 weeks!) :)
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay!:) Death in Paradise and more Montalbano. Sunshine and murder on cold winter evenings. I couldn't ask for more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mikey_C wrote: »
    Returns 9pm on Tuesday 8 January 2013 BBC1

There already was a thread for this. Can they be merged?

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=63154440&posted=1#post63154440
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really looking forward to this now. Just the thing to chase away the winter blues. it is getting lots of promotion this time so should get more viewers than series 1. hope the little lizard is in this one.
  • Dawn SunDawn Sun Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teabag444 wrote: »
    There already was a thread for this. Can they be merged?

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=63154440&posted=1#post63154440

That was for series 1, it's not unusual is it for separate series to have their own threads?
  • Dawn SunDawn Sun Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    teabag444 wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this now. Just the thing to chase away the winter blues. it is getting lots of promotion this time so should get more viewers than series 1. hope the little lizard is in this one.

I've been catching up on the DVDs and love the little lizard just as much as I did when I first watched the programme! Hope he is still in it, too!
  • mel_drewmel_drew Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Series 2? Hmm. Saw a trailer the other day. Everything looked so familiar that I assumed it was just a repeat.

Pleasant enough lightweight fluff, I guess, but his insistence on wearing ludicrously inappropriate clothing is beginning to irritate.
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked this show last year..... its light-hearted and also i like Richard and Camille's interactions - its endearing lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a big fan of the dark Euro-Crime shows that BBC4 shows on Saturday nights but I also enjoy "cosy" British crime dramas like this, Midsommer Murders and Lewis.

Both types of shows have something to offer and they serve as relief from each other

Too many Euro-Crime shows and you'd get so depressed you'd jump off the Oresund Bridge and too many light and fluffy British shows you'd develop diabetes
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of the dark Euro-Crime shows that BBC4 shows on Saturday nights but I also enjoy "cosy" British crime dramas like this, Midsommer Murders and Lewis.

Both types of shows have something to offer and they serve as relief from each other

Too many Euro-Crime shows and you'd get so depressed you'd jump off the Oresund Bridge and too many light and fluffy British shows you'd develop diabetes
    Where does "Mentalbaldy" fit in to your analysis, V?

K
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the first series too. His quest for the perfect cup of tea was fun. I will be tuning in this evening.
  • MissySmithMissySmith Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Love this show. Makes me feel nice and warm. I've just been watching Ben Miller interviewed on This Morning. He wears backless shirts and vests made of cool-packs,when filming:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    KennyT wrote: »
    Where does "Mentalbaldy" fit in to your analysis, V?

K

That one edges towards the "cosy" end of the spectrum as it seems more lighthearted than the likes of The Killing, The Bridge and Wallander.

I mean I can't imagine someone like Catarella working with Sarah Lund or Saga from The Bridge
  • radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do hope DI Poole dresses for the climate & dumps the suite
    Also what is in the brief case he carries ?
    Suggestions on a post card, please
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mel_drew wrote: »
    Series 2? Hmm. Saw a trailer the other day. Everything looked so familiar that I assumed it was just a repeat.

Pleasant enough lightweight fluff, I guess, but his insistence on wearing ludicrously inappropriate clothing is beginning to irritate.

I agree, the obvious over-playing of this is so unnecessary and false.

Anyone who spent as much time in that environment, would have made some effort. The stupidity of it all reminds me of Mr Bean, which I didn't like anyway.
    It's a lightweight crime drama in pleasant surroundings which could hold its own without "pantomime elements."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    @Doghouse Riley

Then please do us all a favour and don't watch it, I recall just how much you enjoyed the last series
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I mean I can't imagine someone like Catarella working with Sarah Lund or Saga from The Bridge
    THINKS...

Scene 1, act 1:
    Saga, smiling, scratches herself absent mindedly...
    Suddenly, the door crashes open.
    "Scuse Dottore", exclaims Catarella
    "Dottore?", questions Catarella
    "Dottore!!!!", exclaims Catarella and faints
    Saga, smiling, continues scratching herself absent mindedly...

K
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mikey_C wrote: »
    @Doghouse Riley

Then please do us all a favour and don't watch it, I recall just how much you enjoyed the last series

Was that the Royal "we?"

For cryin' out loud , is it that important to you whether I liked it or not, that makes it worth saying that?

If you thought it the best, or worst programme on TV, do you really think I'd be bothered, either way?
    I was actually being reasonably complimentary about it in my post , not that you noticed in your haste to criticise me.

Chill out, "it's just telly."
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do hope DI Poole dresses for the climate & dumps the suite
    Also what is in the brief case he carries ?
    Suggestions on a post card, please

I think he has Marmite, Colman's mustard, Oxford English Marmalade and Tetley Tea bags in his brief case - carried with him at all times in case of emergency. :D