Death in Paradise - Series 2

Comments

• VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think he has Marmite, Colman's mustard, Oxford English Marmalade and Tetley Tea bags in his brief case - carried with him at all times in case of emergency. :D

No HP Sauce??
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    No HP Sauce??

Of course, HP as well! :D
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant wait for the episode tonight.....
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to it too and I don't mind if he keeps his ridiculous suit on.

Lovely gentle escapism for a mid-winter night.
  • SallysallySallysally Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    Of course, HP as well! :D

And some Worcestershire Sauce?

Wonder if the lizard will feature.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sallysally wrote: »
    And some Worcestershire Sauce?

Wonder if the lizard will feature.

I heard the producers wanted him back but he demanded more money and a better dressing room so they recast the part :D
  • SallysallySallysally Posts: 5,070
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    I heard the producers wanted him back but he demanded more money and a better dressing room so they recast the part :D

They should have given in. He/she was worth a series all on its own!
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Still haven't got round to watching the first series, will I be able to pick it up easily or should I record and wait until I've watched it?
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'd recommend at least watching the very first episode of s1 before any others.

K
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    KennyT wrote: »
    i'd recommend at least watching the very first episode of s1 before any others.

K

Thanks. :) I remember watching bits of the first episode and enjoying it, but then they started building up on my sky planner and had to delete them before I got round to watching. Will record this series, and hope lovefilm sends me series 1 before I run out of space again.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to this tonight! :) This is exactly my kind of show. A brilliant mystery that keeps you guessing until the end, mixed with some light hearted comedy and some brilliant scenery.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to it too and I don't mind if he keeps his ridiculous suit on.

Lovely gentle escapism for a mid-winter night.

Yup, does exactly what it says on the tin, and perfect for an winter's evening after work :D
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, does exactly what it says on the tin, and perfect for an winter's evening after work :D

But you need a drink beside you to enjoy the weather there more.
  • harrypalmerharrypalmer Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad this is back. I'm probably in love with the woman who plays Camille.

I think perhaps the lack of deeply convoluted plots and the little stereotyped quirks (Miller's character's 'Englishness') confuses some people who are probably expecting something along the lines of Inspector Morse. It makes them write sulky diatribes against it.
  • LennieLennie Posts: 25,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to Richard and Camille's interactions lol
  • Dawn SunDawn Sun Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Richard's refusal to take off his jacket, although at the end of episode 8 of series 1 he did when he and Camille 'sat' on the beach!!

I like his extreme Englishness, criticism of Frenchness and when the Germans appeared last series and he tried to dodge away from them, that was also funny.

I guess I just like this kind of silly nonsense! :D

Off to watch now!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening All :)
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the first series. It may not have been the most original or best written thing ever but it was nice lightweight entertainment for the long dark winter nights.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this. missed the start so I will watch on +1
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't realise it was filmed in France.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »

It is filmed in Guadeloupe, not France. Guadeloupe was a French colony in the past. Or have they changed the filming location?
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »

It's not, it's filmed in Guadeloupe (and yes I did need to google to get the correct spelling :o ), it's an overseas region of France
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not, it's filmed in Guadeloupe (and yes I did need to google to get the correct spelling :o ), it's an overseas region of France

Ah - I didn't realise Guadeloupe is still part of France.
    Forum Member
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    Ah - I didn't realise Guadeloupe is still part of France.

Although that is accodingly to Wiki, and no real knowledge on my part, so don't take that as 100%

The girl who plays Camille really is ridiculously beautiful :)
  • seanlbseanlb Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First time I have ever watched this and all I have stuck in my head is Broken Sword. It's as if the writers played it and wanted to make their own twist, Miller the English version of George Stobbart with the witty put downs and the female lead a rip of Nico Collard....probably just me.