Options

Broken toilet

viertevierte Posts: 4,286
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I need help fixing my toilet's, I've got three in my house and for the past 8months or so one of them would continuely run water into the toilet bowl and the cistern would never fill up, so I turned off the water supply to that toilet and left it as we never used the main bathroom anyway.

Now my downstairs toilet has the same problem, I've put red dye into it today and the red dye shows up in the toilet bowl, it continually runs and the cistern either doesn't fill up or fills up very slowly.

I've tried looking at different sites for help but google was not my friend so thought I'd post on here and see if anyone could help, I've got a picture of my toilet http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/xnichellex/Toilet001.jpg

The blue circle on the left hand side has a wee plastic thing where the water would usually flow through into the bowl to refill, now it flows out of the bit in front of the blue circle in a spray, can anyone help tell me what's wrong with my toilet and how to fix it?

Comments

• Options
    fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Post ^^^^ not showing, so posting to make it show.
  • Options
    fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't really offer much advice, but maybe this site might help shed some light on the problem.
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that, I thought I might have to replace the value's I just don't know how or which ones, this is the first time I've had these sort of toilets and don't have the slighest idea what bits what etc