Jay Z So Cool.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Watching Jay Z now on bbc3. That man is coolness personafied, his performances are completely effortless. An absolute mega star i think.

Comments

• MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I want to shoot him...then beyonce will be mine :p :cool:. No he's one of my favorite rappers. Your right his performances, they're always effortless and he's got some brilliant songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    I'm not really into his kind of music (though I like Run This Town & Young Forever), but I will admit he is great at what he does. And he came across as a nice bloke on Jonathan Ross.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going seeing him in Manchester soon!! :):)

For me he's easily one the greatest rappers of all time.
  • musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    What i like about Jay Z is the non stereotype rapper image.
  • Triple-PTriple-P Posts: 2,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    What i like about Jay Z is the non stereotype rapper image.

hes 40 years old now!

even Eminem has grown up and he is hitting 40.

try looking at jay-z when he was younger, reasonable doubt, blueprint 1,2, The Dynasty-Roc La Familia, volume 1,2,3.
  • timperry26timperry26 Posts: 1,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to MTV's hottest MC 2009

1) Jay Z
    2) LiL Wayne
    3) Drake
    4) Rick Ross

P.S Eminem not evne in the top 10 :mad:
    Forum Member
    I do like Jay Z but it makes me laugh sometimes when he gets called the greatest rapper of all time. But really, Eminem is. He has sold more records then Jay z despite putting out fewer albums then Jay z

Unless im looking at it from a sales angle. I don't know
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    musicdude wrote: »
    I do like Jay Z but it makes me laugh sometimes when he gets called the greatest rapper of all time. But really, Eminem is. He has sold more records then Jay z despite putting out fewer albums then Jay z

Unless im looking at it from a sales angle. I don't know

I completely agree with you, as cool as Jay Z is, imo Eminem still is the greatest and most gifted rapper of all. A lyrical genius.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    I don't really like eminem. His jokey songs just put me of him. Also the greatest rapper of all time is subjective (think I've worded it right).
  • timperry26timperry26 Posts: 1,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh

Eminem did it worldwide, look at how many records he's sold and #1 singles
    Forum Member
    cazmac wrote: »
    I completely agree with you, as cool as Jay Z is, imo Eminem still is the greatest and most gifted rapper of all. A lyrical genius.

I so much agree there. He is the only rapper I can stand. I like the odd song from Jay z but Eminem has amazed be from start to present.
  • funnyusernamefunnyusername Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    I don't really like eminem. His jokey songs just put me of him. Also the greatest rapper of all time is subjective (think I've worded it right).

thats what i liked about him. he's gone a bit crap now. money kills rappers.

jay z btw, is a shite pop rapper.. not in the top 20 lyrical mcs. his flow has gone right off since the days of reasonable doubt. that mtv hot mc list shows everything that is wrong with todays scene.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats what i liked about him. he's gone a bit crap now. money kills rappers.

jay z btw, is a shite pop rapper.. not in the top 20 lyrical mcs. his flow has gone right off since the days of reasonable doubt. that mtv hot mc list shows everything that is wrong with todays scene.

coporate hip hop. corporate r n b. corporate soul. corporate house.

everything is being *f ing* ruined.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,262
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I like Eminem. He can rap stupidly fast yet you still register every word. Wheareas with someone like T.i, he raps very fast, but you only catch certain words, if you get what I mean? And it's not down to diction, it's how good the lyrics are ;)
  • funnyusernamefunnyusername Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MJ_lives wrote: »
    Yeah, I like Eminem. He can rap stupidly fast yet you still register every word. Wheareas with someone like T.i, he raps very fast, but you only catch certain words, if you get what I mean? And it's not down to diction, it's how good the lyrics are ;)

can i introduce you to tonedeff then. one of the fastest and clearest, best flow in the game imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeWMrxzCNx8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebVnIBpGLuc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB5wKXGWUtk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_-P2cbEG2o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ykw0hQehxw