Jason's Viennese Waltz

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    It is a bit worrying that we've become so superficial as to start judging people on how well or badly they've aged.

It appears Kylie's gone down the botox route to me (her choice, that's fine), so she's bound to look more youthful. Jason has been slogging his guts out for 8 weeks straight, of course it's going to take its toll.

I can understand people disliking his style of dancing or being turned off by his character, but to start slagging off his appearance is really low. Why should how young or old someone looks even matter? It's that sort of unhealthy attitude that creates insecurities amongst young women like Chelsee and puts pressure on them to get work done at an increasingly young age.

Well said, Sid!

That's been happening on here with Anita, who obviously hasn't had any work done and consequently looks her age. We're so used to celebs these days trying to look 20 years younger with face-lifts and Botox that it's a shock when they don't go down that route.

Good for Anita, say I! I'd far rather look at a natural face than one that looks totally plastic!
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SheShe wrote: »
    Well said, Sid!

That's been happening on here with Anita, who obviously hasn't had any work done and consequently looks her age. We're so used to celebs these days trying to look 20 years younger with face-lifts and Botox that it's a shock when they don't go down that route.

Good for Anita, say I! I'd far rather look at a natural face than one that looks totally plastic!

I actually prefer Anita's face to Lulu's, she has so much expression and such life in her face. Even if you find Anita annoying, her face is amazing. Lulu struggled with the performance because her face wouldn't move. ;)
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's nothing wrong with Anita's face - as Alli says, it shows life and expression (although I do think she and Jason over-emote just a teensy bit when performing ;)). However, I would like to insert a large, glittery ribbon where the sun don't shine into whoever keeps thinking it's okay to dress a woman of Anita's age like a four year old who's run amok in a fancy dress shop.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SheShe wrote: »
    Well said, Sid!

I noticed that, and had those comments in mind when I posted what I did.

Why should it be a crime to look one's age?

Lines add character to a face. On men, I find laughter lines EXTREMELY sexy!
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    It is a bit worrying that we've become so superficial as to start judging people on how well or badly they've aged.

It appears Kylie's gone down the botox route to me (her choice, that's fine), so she's bound to look more youthful. Jason has been slogging his guts out for 8 weeks straight, of course it's going to take its toll.

I can understand people disliking his style of dancing or being turned off by his character, but to start slagging off his appearance is really low. Why should how young or old someone looks even matter? It's that sort of unhealthy attitude that creates insecurities amongst young women like Chelsee and puts pressure on them to get work done at an increasingly young age.

Well done you for saying that - I agree wholeheartedly.
  • Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has also been quoted as saying he was hopeless when she did, so no.

Yes she did indeed say he was poor, tonight on ITT Craig said Jason has no natural talent for dancing at all, but has to work twice as hard to get to a decent standard, surely this should be applauded.