Death in Paradise - Series 2

Comments

• DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Richard really can't do sensitive can he?

I loved his failed attempts to be supportive.

I thought that was a really good one. Loved the Commissioner walking in at awkward moments - when Richard was talking about him and when Dwayne and Fidel were watching that interesting footage!
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Richard really can't do sensitive can he?

Bless him - he really tried though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved his failed attempts to be supportive.

I thought that was a really good one. Loved the Commissioner walking in at awkward moments - when Richard was talking about him and when Dwayne and Fidel were watching that interesting footage!

I loved the Dwayne and Fidel double act as well - and the drunk guy they were pursuing about the bootleg booze was funny.
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of funny moments, and Richard really wanted to make Camille feel better...sweeeeet!
  • sussex_seagirlsussex_seagirl Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another really good episode. I didn't come anywhere close to guessing who did it, but I don't mind that.:cool:

I liked the Commissioner turning up at all of the most inopportune moments possible and I thought the Richard/Camille moments were really sweet.:) I wonder if they are intending to go anywhere with that particular relationship. The hints seem a lot less subtle in this series than they were in the first.:D
  • Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see Amamda Mealing in shorts too :D
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skooldaze wrote: »
    Dexter fletcher is my guess.
    Well done!:)
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    I love "Ring the Alarm" :)
    So do I! In fact the song Amy was singing (not sure of the title - Baby After Tonight??) and there was another one - I think when the people on the beach were dancing to - were three classic songs that were nice to hear again. :)

Continuing from that, I so enjoyed this episode, best one so far for me. Lovely to see Amanda Mealing again, especially as I had just watched Holby City (when she had played a long term and liked character Connie) and looking great. And her moves! Wow Amanda!! She danced way better than Camille who seemed uncomfortable at doing so!!
    And wasn't that Jamelia singing and playing the role of Amy? If it wasn't, she looked so liked her and was one singer who, although I wasn't a fan of, I admired due to having a natural talent and beauty.

I loved how Richard wanted to comfort Camille and how he went about it, and also loved "eeediot" from that bootlegger guy around the start of the episode!! :D:D
    One very minor moan but won't bother mention it as it still was a great episode for me. So worth the hour. :)
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Despite the fact I'd guessed Dexter Fletcher as the bad guy early on (jealous singer too obvious, as was sleazy boat owner, it sort of had to be him for me), I really enjoyed that. Richard's attempts to comfort Camille was hilarious and touching, and I did enjoy the dozy waiter as well :) Took me ages to recognise the bootlegger (okay, I hit imdb :o ) as the stand up comedian Junior Simpson
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Took me ages to recognise the bootlegger (okay, I hit imdb :o ) as the stand up comedian Junior Simpson
    OMG :eek: didn't get that one at all!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Despite the fact I'd guessed Dexter Fletcher as the bad guy early on (jealous singer too obvious, as was sleazy boat owner, it sort of had to be him for me), I really enjoyed that. Richard's attempts to comfort Camille was hilarious and touching, and I did enjoy the dozy waiter as well :) Took me ages to recognise the bootlegger (okay, I hit imdb :o ) as the stand up comedian Junior Simpson
    myss wrote: »
    OMG :eek: didn't get that one at all!!

Gosh! I knew he looked familiar but couldn't figure out why. He made me laugh quite a few times during the episode.

Thanks for the info AK. The dozy waiter was making us chuckle too - we couldn't decide whether it was plain doziness or whether he was under the influence of something herbal :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    G The dozy waiter was making us chuckle too - we couldn't decide whether it was plain doziness or whether he was under the influence of something herbal :D

I wondered if his ambition to be a policeman might come true? Once Fidel becomes a sergeant and is allowed to wear civvies, they'll need another uniform to partner Dwayne.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    Lovely to see Amanda Mealing again, especially as I had just watched Holby City (when she had played a long term and liked character Connie) and looking great. And her moves! Wow Amanda!! She danced way better than Camille who seemed uncomfortable at doing so!!
    And wasn't that Jamelia singing and playing the role of Amy? If it wasn't, she looked so liked her and was one singer who, although I wasn't a fan of, I admired due to having a natural talent and beauty.

That was indeed Jamelia. And yes, great to see Amanda Mealing. Used to have a bit of a crush on her when I was a kid and she was in Grange Hill.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The show has been renewed for a third season

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/02/bbc-commissions-raft-of-dramas-for-bbc-one-bbc-two-bbc-four-renews-call-the-midwife-death-in-paradise/

8 mil viewers an episode, that's jolly good
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

8 mil viewers an episode, that's jolly good

They are very good ratings alright, much to the puzzlement of some.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/feb/11/death-in-paradise-how-viewers
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,548
    Forum Member
    From that article:
    ...a new Saturday night adventure series to fill the shoes left by Merlin titled Atlantis...
    They could just buy "Stargate Atlantis". Probably a lot cheaper :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2013/feb/11/death-in-paradise-how-viewers

DiP is not at all cool, so I'm not surprised its success puzzles the Culturati. However, I love Borgen and The Killing and The Hollow Crown, and also love Death in Paradise, so I think it has a wider audience than media types might expect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Superior TV critic sneers at the unenlightened hoi polloi. How very unsurprising.
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Great news.

For someone who didnt think they would like this show and never watched series 1, I absolutely love it now and the news it will get a third series is lovely.......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

The Grauniad probably thinks that because Euro-Crime dramas do so well for BBC4 there is no longer a market for the "cosy" breed of crime dramas.

As I may have said in this thread before I like both types of show

Alison Graham in the Radio Times who I normally find completely up herself as far as her previews go admitted last week that she really enjoys DiP
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A shame Andrew Lee-Potts isn't in it. :D

Looks a good one, tonight!
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member

Episodes are so formulaic, it's almost funny. There's a murder. DI Poole investigates and narrows it down to a handful of potential killers. There's usually another murder. Then Poole has a lightbulb moment, gathers all the suspects in one room and gives a Poirot-esque speech explaining everything. This is undemanding drama for the hard-of-thinking or only-half-watching. See also the copious recaps and clunky exposition that litter the script, just in case anyone nodded off and missed a bit. Which would be understandable. It makes Midsomer Murders look like 24.

You've got to admit - he's got a point...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Death in Paradise
    Season 2 Episode 6 of 8
    An English tourist is strangled in her villa by a killer using the victim's scarf. The crime scene indicates a robbery gone wrong, but DI Poole recalls an almost identical case back in London. He grows even more suspicious when the victim's husband turns out to be crooked former colleague Doug Anderson, a name he had hoped was consigned to the past. But even though he has a watertight alibi and the team move on to further leads, Poole can't shake the notion that his old adversary is somehow involved. Ben Miller stars, with guest appearances from Neil Pearson, Ralf Little and Miller's former Primeval co-stars Hannah Spearritt and James Murray
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Episodes are so formulaic, it's almost funny. There's a murder. DI Poole investigates and narrows it down to a handful of potential killers. There's usually another murder. Then Poole has a lightbulb moment, gathers all the suspects in one room and gives a Poirot-esque speech explaining everything. This is undemanding drama for the hard-of-thinking or only-half-watching. See also the copious recaps and clunky exposition that litter the script, just in case anyone nodded off and missed a bit. Which would be understandable. It makes Midsomer Murders look like 24.

You've got to admit - he's got a point...

Hang on, the same could be said for just about anything, Doctor Who, CSI, Mentalist, Castle, etc, etc, we all know what's going to happen and how it will end, what matters is the bits in between.

Which, in my opinion are very good bits indeed!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mikey_C wrote: »
    Death in Paradise
    Season 2 Episode 6 of 8
    An English tourist is strangled in her villa by a killer using the victim's scarf. The crime scene indicates a robbery gone wrong, but DI Poole recalls an almost identical case back in London. He grows even more suspicious when the victim's husband turns out to be crooked former colleague Doug Anderson, a name he had hoped was consigned to the past. But even though he has a watertight alibi and the team move on to further leads, Poole can't shake the notion that his old adversary is somehow involved. Ben Miller stars, with guest appearances from Neil Pearson, Ralf Little and Miller's former Primeval co-stars Hannah Spearritt and James Murray

So which of the "famous" guests stars in this week's episode is the murderer??

Given that preview it would be too obvious to be Neil Pearson so I'll put my money on Ralf Little