Death in Paradise - Series 2

Comments

• TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I enjoyed it and the ratings didn't drop too much which is great, but the real test is from next week imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Kris Marshall sounds like he's doing a parody, maybe because I'm too used to seeing him as a comedian I can't take him seriously.

I think it's Michelle Ryan, making herself look like the target to get away with it.

And Ben Miller! He was a comedian as well!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one thing I did notice, when he said "stop car" on the way to the airport, I am sure it was stopped on a jetty! not a road.
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    myscimitar wrote: »
    The one thing I did notice, when he said "stop car" on the way to the airport, I am sure it was stopped on a jetty! not a road.

Hahah oh yeah!!! Sea-plane from the hop from Guadaloupe to Saint Marie?
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myscimitar wrote: »
    And Ben Miller! He was a comedian as well!

I'd never describe Kris Marshall as a "comedian". He may be a comic actor but I've never seen him do any of his own work.
  • hallchallc Posts: 199,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Camille is one the great sights on TV..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a bit concerned when I read Kris Marshall was going to be involved but he seems to be setting in OK. It's an easy watching mid week romp not Dostoevsky.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another enjoyable episode, although I guessed the culprit within about 15 minutes.
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hadn't planned on watching this series but had to catch up on last night's ep after finding out Michelle Ryan was in it... And it was great to see her kicking Zombie ass again - although, whenever I see her kicking butt in anything, it also bring back all those Bionic Woman feels. Damnit, we should have been halfway through season seven now!!! :(>:(:(>:(

Anyhoo, the episode was OK, I figured she'd be the killer even before I watched the episode cos.. well, of course she was going to be!

As for Marshall... As expected, he's not very good. Not awful, just not good. His performance is so flat, so blah... there's nothing to him. It certainly wasn't good enough to bring me back next week. Well, not unless Michelle Ryan's character escapes custody and comes back and kicks everyone's ass. And then flies off in a Number 200 bus. :D
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,548
    Forum Member
    I like Chris Marshall very much, but I agree Camille doesn't seem affected at all by the demise of her former colleague.
    Like I said before; it's not in real-time and we don't necessarily see everything that happens. Perhaps it's just a 'keep it professional' work attitude. We don't know.
  • sradiasradia Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was a bit concerned when I read Kris Marshall was going to be involved but he seems to be setting in OK. It's an easy watching mid week romp not Dostoevsky.

I agree, I wasn't sure I would enjoy it as much after Ben Miller had left, but I find Humphrey quite likeable, and I enjoy the setting and the camaraderie between the main characters.
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like I said before; it's not in real-time and we don't necessarily see everything that happens. Perhaps it's just a 'keep it professional' work attitude. We don't know.

I suspect the producers don't want the Ghost of Richard Poole haunting the series. "He's gone. Let's move on" they'll be saying.
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sradia wrote: »
    I agree, I wasn't sure I would enjoy it as much after Ben Miller had left, but I find Humphrey quite likeable, and I enjoy the setting and the camaraderie between the main characters.

Yes. It's a nice relaxing viewing and I can watch it knowing that I probably won't be presented with lots of swearing, screaming, smoking, blood, people getting their throats cut slowly, etc. Also the scenery is great and the characters are mostly charming.

It's true I wouldn't want that all the time, but once a week is just right.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,548
    Forum Member
    iaindb wrote: »
    I suspect the producers don't want the Ghost of Richard Poole haunting the series. "He's gone. Let's move on" they'll be saying.
    That too :)
  • KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like I said before; it's not in real-time ...
    in this case it was real-time, more or less. IIRC, in the first episode, the new guy's wife was due to come out in a week. So Ep2 happened a week later...

K
  • SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    As for Marshall... As expected, he's not very good. Not awful, just not good. His performance is so flat, so blah... there's nothing to him.
    I disagree, I think he is good. I didn't think I'd like this series without Ben Miller (I only started watching originally because I liked him in Primeval), but so far I'm enjoying it just as much as the last two series.
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    As for Marshall... As expected, he's not very good. Not awful, just not good. His performance is so flat, so blah... there's nothing to him. It certainly wasn't good enough to bring me back next week. Well, not unless Michelle Ryan's character escapes custody and comes back and kicks everyone's ass. And then flies off in a Number 200 bus. :D

As for Marshall.....As expected, he's very good. Not good, but very good.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surfking wrote: »
    Hands up who's mostly seeing this in the hope that Michelle Ryan or Hannah Tointon strip down to a bikini in the hot sun :blush:;-)
    Michelle Ryan was hot as hell in this episode.
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still haven't seen new ones, not that bothered either. Will try catching up with them on I player next weekend
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Michelle Ryan was hot as hell in this episode.

I never liked her when she was younger but she has matured into a fine woman.
    Forum Member
    Weird - the trailer just after The Voice was for Episode 2 ... We've seen that one already BBC!!!
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    Weird - the trailer just after The Voice was for Episode 2 ... We've seen that one already BBC!!!

I think it was a trailer for the whole series with clips from more than one episode.
    Forum Member
    iaindb wrote: »
    I think it was a trailer for the whole series with clips from more than one episode.

Maybe - there was one clip that looked new but for a fraction of a second I thought I had been watching a recording and not the "real" TV - it confused my tiny mind :D
  • Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for Marshall.....As expected, he's very good. Not good, but very good.
    You've got all of his old BT ads on VHS haven't you. :D
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Yes. It's a nice relaxing viewing and I can watch it knowing that I probably won't be presented with lots of swearing, screaming, smoking, blood, people getting their throats cut slowly, etc. Also the scenery is great and the characters are mostly charming.

It's true I wouldn't want that all the time, but once a week is just right.

Pretty much the same here, preferred BM, but KM is okay, the plots aren't demanding, it's all pretty relaxing, and yes, last week's baddie may as well have had 'this one's a right wrong 'un' in neon lights flashing above their head - but that's okay, as you said, once a week is fine