Options

Alison Hammond...most successful HM ever?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote:
    Alison, much as I don't like her, is the only ex-HM who has a 'proper', established TV career in terrestrial television, even if it is only daytime television.

Brian has an established TV career in terrestrial television, The Mint is shown on ITV1 even if it is only through the night. :)
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Brian has an established TV career in terrestrial television, The Mint is shown on ITV1 even if it is only through the night. :)
    Yes, I am aware of that, sharon. I used the word 'established' because Alison's job on This Morning has lasted for several years now and it remains to be seen whether The Mint will last. My feeling is that it won't - not because of Brian's presence but just because it is an absolutely abysmal show. Personally, I feel that Brian has a lot more going for him than Alison, but she just got lucky.
  • Options
    bengos#bengos# Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we're talking money, I heard that Orlaith made more money than Jade has.
  • Options
    bom-jiggybom-jiggy Posts: 15,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bengos# wrote:
    If we're talking money, I heard that Orlaith made more money than Jade has.

Well, seeing as Orlaith still dresses in cheap-looking get-up, I find that hard to believe. What does she do btw?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does depend on how you define success.

If someone's doing what they want to do (EG Paul Clarke returning to his old job and shunning the limelight) then I think that's just as much of a personal success as someone like Nikki who may have made more money, but has no respect.
  • Options
    legendaryonelegendaryone Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    Julianne Moore was on the J Ross show the other week she commented on Jade without ever meeting her

Moore's "people" will have told her all about Jade and told her what to say to Woss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bom-jiggy wrote:
    Well, seeing as Orlaith still dresses in cheap-looking get-up, I find that hard to believe. What does she do btw?

She models. She's done an awful lot of glossy mag shoots, and I believe she claimed a higher premium than any other BB girl for a shoot.

I have no source of this - I just recall reading it somewhere.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whether or not you would rate her as the most successful she is certainly a success story. Considering she was in the house for only three weeks she has certainly done ok for herself she has also done something very rare of a BB housemate and that is she kept her dignity.
  • Options
    bom-jiggybom-jiggy Posts: 15,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dentures wrote:
    Whether or not you would rate her as the most successful she is certainly a success story. Considering she was in the house for only three weeks she has certainly done ok for herself she has also done something very rare of a BB housemate and that is she kept her dignity.

This certainly has been the most important thing as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Alison is any more successful than housemates who have viable careers that don't involve being on tv.

"Kept her dignity" - is that code from some particular way of not losing it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote:
    Yes, I am aware of that, sharon. I used the word 'established' because Alison's job on This Morning has lasted for several years now and it remains to be seen whether The Mint will last. My feeling is that it won't - not because of Brian's presence but just because it is an absolutely abysmal show. Personally, I feel that Brian has a lot more going for him than Alison, but she just got lucky.

I take your point. :) I just replied because I have noticed that some posters aren't aware that The Mint is on ITV1. Alison has done very well, I feel Brian's time has yet to come, he is filling in time at the moment :) .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    I agree Aliason got be one of the most successful as she on tv even now whiich is more than you can say about most of the winners
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Alison is any more successful than housemates who have viable careers that don't involve being on tv.

I totally agree with this.

It says a lot, sadly, when "being on TV" is the measure of a person's success.

If the World's greatest surgeon posted here tomorrow, no-one would bat an eyelid. If Kinga did, she'd be swamped. Bit sad, really.