Options

Anti Gays in Derby

Comments

• Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    scumble wrote: »
    Where? Where did you address the points in above list? Have you a link?

I think your pouting is more to do with not having answers than any true upset. My grin is my laughing at you, not with you.

Be as upset as you like, that's your right. But if you can't back up your statements, then the tendency is that people think you're talking nonsense. Everyone following the thread can see you did not reply to the simple, clear points I made above.

Just repeating, 'but I absolutely did reply' will not fool people who can read. I'm really quite eager to hear why you feel Muslims are so dangerous, but I fear that the truth is that an acorn has fallen on your head.

In an earlier post I addressed some of your points. In your latter posts, when you were demanding answers to you questions and being very personal and offensive, yes, you are quite right, I did not answer these, nor do I intend to, not to you anyway.

You truly are the most unpleasant poster that I have come across. Now, why don't you go and suck a few more lemons, and if you feel that you must reply to this, which I'm sure you will, I will not be replying and wasting any more time on you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dekaf wrote: »
    In an earlier post I addressed some of your points. In your latter posts, when you were demanding answers to you questions and being very personal and offensive, yes, you are quite right, I did not answer these, nor do I intend to, not to you anyway.

You truly are the most unpleasant poster that I have come across. Now, why don't you go and suck a few more lemons, and if you feel that you must reply to this, which I'm sure you will, I will not be replying and wasting any more time on you.

You answered neither the first challenges I made to your points, nor the second time I made them. The only answers you made were to questions you pretended I had asked. Basic straw man stuff. If you have answers (to the questions I posed), then please link to them or post them, don't be shy.

Pretty please?

I'm beginning to think that you don't think Muslims should be allowed to promote Islam at all, but you don' t want to admit it.

Is that the real truth?
  • Options
    HeresyIsFreedomHeresyIsFreedom Posts: 3,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only answers you made were to questions you pretended I had asked. Basic straw man stuff.

Mmmm, what does this bring to mind?

Oh.

I know!

Pot
    Kettle
    Black
  • Options
    555555 Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »
    What is the potential punishment if found guilty?

Release, with a warning to behave themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    555 wrote: »
    Release, with a warning to behave themselves.

Is that the recommended tariff, or merely what you predict? I would expect community service/fine at very least, especially as they have refused to plead guilty.
    Mmmm, what does this bring to mind?

Oh.

I know!

Pot
    Kettle
    Black

Link? Or are you also making a claim with nothing to back it up?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 480
    Forum Member
    LOL at this thread and the endless immigrant talk.

I can tell you that each and every one of those guys is british born. I'd put money on it n all. These HT types are 99% of the time. Where are you going to deport them to? Normanton Road???
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    sayeds33 wrote: »

I can tell you that each and every one of those guys is british born. I'd put money on it n all. These HT types are 99% of the time. Where are you going to deport them to? Normanton Road???

They could seek political asylum in a country more sympathetic to their views such as Afghanistan or iran and claim they were persecuted because of their religous beliefs :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sayeds33 wrote: »

What is 'HT'?

I don't think it makes much difference whether they are UK-born or just settled. If they are on visas (doubt it), then they run the risk of being deported.

Deportation talk is just a fantasy for Islamophobes who imagine that everyone with a beard or skullcap is a crazy foreigner, come to destroy our planet.
  • Options
    The JanitorThe Janitor Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see them handing those out outside some of the gay bars I've seen in San Francisco.
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With respect 2+2=5 your posts just don't add up. Why can't you answer simple questions? Otherwise trying to engage with you is completely pointless.

You must surely know some Muslims who can give you an idea of the prevailing view of homosexuality in at least their little community? This might give you some idea of their country as a whole if not the Muslim world in general that you seem so lacking in knowledge about.

Any by the way, there's nothing sad about my disgust for the violent hatred of homosexuals in the Muslim world. It's time these hateful people joined the 21st century! And I give no apologies for that.

I know. By the difference is I don't make mass generalisations about Muslims like you do. If all you can think of when you think of Muslims is the street mob clamouring for the downfall of the west, don't worry - you're. It alone. But it is one of the greatest of all cliches. It's another effective way for you to become alienated from the Arab world and desensitised to the idea that these people are animals beyond reproach.

That's what i find desperately sad about you. That's all you can see. You even said so yourself. Forget the fruit groves, the cafes with people chatting, bustling markets.

I'm not in denial that Muslims have to improve their lot substantially. I'm not denying that. I'm trying to open your eyes to something I think you either pay no heed to, ignore or aren't aware it exists.
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    solenoid wrote: »
    Well historically no one is that liberal. If we took that attitiude we would not stand up for anything we believe in today because in the past bad things were allowed to happen.

On the issue of those men conspiring to distribute hate filled homophobic content I do wonder if we would have the same situation amongst non Muslims. When was the last time, in England, a group of people who attended church collaborated to make such material? I'm not saying homophobia is non existent amongst church goers: I'm sure the odd homophobic joke gets uttered in pubs across the land but there is something ominous about the way these ideas are spread about in mosques. It's brewed amongst like minded people who share an archaic belief totally at odds with UK laws.

I can't understand how you can come to that opinion when in living memory (for some of us at least!) homosexuality was a crimial offence in large parts of the country.

An Englishman who visited Scotland in 1980 and had consensual sex with another man would have been breaking the law.Take a moment and think that men of around 50 years old today, who are gay and practised their sexuality in scotland were criminals.

"Jokes in pubs" or " ideas spread in mosques" are at odds with UK law .. but only very recently and not that archaic!

Regarding anti gay christian sentiment - a rudimentry google search will demonstrate this exists, and not neccesarily in the pompous (only christians from less sophistacted countries) way.
  • Options
    1965Wolf1965Wolf Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dosanjh1 wrote: »
    I can't understand how you can come to that opinion when in living memory (for some of us at least!) homosexuality was a crimial offence in large parts of the country.

An Englishman who visited Scotland in 1980 and had consensual sex with another man would have been breaking the law.Take a moment and think that men of around 50 years old today, who are gay and practised their sexuality in scotland were criminals.

"Jokes in pubs" or " ideas spread in mosques" are at odds with UK law .. but only very recently and not that archaic!

Regarding anti gay christian sentiment - a rudimentry google search will demonstrate this exists, and not neccesarily in the pompous (only christians from less sophistacted countries) way.

On what basis do you say that a joke,even in bad taste,is illegal? It just isn't I assure you.

And you completely miss the main point of the post you criticise-which is that you cannot compare the alleged incitement to murder by these Muslims with the Christian disapproval of gay sex. When did you last see any Christian group in this country propose death for gays?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1965Wolf wrote: »
    On what basis do you say that a joke,even in bad taste,is illegal? It just isn't I assure you.

And you completely miss the main point of the post you criticise-which is that you cannot compare the alleged incitement to murder by these Muslims with the Christian disapproval of gay sex. When did you last see any Christian group in this country propose death for gays?

I'm not suggesting a bad joke is illegal, I have not deviated from responding to the statement "70% of Muslims believe homosexuality should be a criminal offence"

Regarding Muslims wanting gays dead, the only attrocity against homosexuals committed in this country I can recall Was committed by a white supremasicst.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,057
    Forum Member

Regarding Muslims wanting gays dead, the only attrocity against homosexuals committed in this country I can recall Was committed by a white supremasicst.

What a load of trash. Gay people are beaten up and killed by bigots of all races and religions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ads wrote: »
    What a load of trash. Gay people are beaten up and killed by bigots of all races and religions.

And I don't disagree with you Ads, but this thread is specificaly about Muslim hatred of gay people, someone said there is some Muslims who want gays dead, someone else said 70% of muslims want to criminalise homosexuality.

Specifacly I can't remember an attrocity directed at homosexuals by Muslims. I can however recall an attrocity commited by a BNP supporter which killed 3 people, including a pregnant women and injured 70 others. I would suggest that this murderer would identify more with a christian faith although i can't be sure.
  • Options
    GuardianistaGuardianista Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I don't disagree with you Ads, but this thread is specificaly about Muslim hatred of gay people, someone said there is some Muslims who want gays dead, someone else said 70% of muslims want to criminalise homosexuality.

Specifacly I can't remember an attrocity directed at homosexuals by Muslims. I can however recall an attrocity commited by a BNP supporter which killed 3 people, including a pregnant women and injured 70 others. I would suggest that this murderer would identify more with a christian faith although i can't be sure.

Why not. Christians are fair game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is 'HT'?

I don't think it makes much difference whether they are UK-born or just settled. If they are on visas (doubt it), then they run the risk of being deported.

Deportation talk is just a fantasy for Islamophobes who imagine that everyone with a beard or skullcap is a crazy foreigner, come to destroy our planet.

Clearly that is not true. You are talking like a fanatic yourself now. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    I know. By the difference is I don't make mass generalisations about Muslims like you do. If all you can think of when you think of Muslims is the street mob clamouring for the downfall of the west, don't worry - you're. It alone. But it is one of the greatest of all cliches. It's another effective way for you to become alienated from the Arab world and desensitised to the idea that these people are animals beyond reproach.

That's what i find desperately sad about you. That's all you can see. You even said so yourself. Forget the fruit groves, the cafes with people chatting, bustling markets.

I'm not in denial that Muslims have to improve their lot substantially. I'm not denying that. I'm trying to open your eyes to something I think you either pay no heed to, ignore or aren't aware it exists.

I'm sorry 2+2=5 but I'm finding your responses increasingly incoherent and meaningless. If you are not prepared to tell us what Muslims in your experience think of homosexuals we'll better leave it there.
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry 2+2=5 but I'm finding your responses increasingly incoherent and meaningless. If you are not prepared to tell us what Muslims in your experience think of homosexuals we'll better leave it there.

In my experience I have come across Muslims who have disapproved of homosexuals as well as those who have had no issue with them.

At the same time, I wish to point out in my experience it's not often I meet someone and tick off a "Guardianista Ratings Guide" list of items to judge them by. I don't speak to someone then list off a set of current affairs issues or issues some people believe about Islam just so that they can clarify their position on it. It's another example of how out of touch Guardianista is that he thinks we spend all day pontificating and theorising about what Islam means and what outlook we have on life.

There is little for us to discuss further Guardianista, not because I don't wish to answer (I have above) but because you have no point, no issue, no "call to arms" that has any relevance or basis in reality. You're little different to philosophers in that you think about theory far more than practice. You read articles and apply what you learn to everyone in existence and not just the people the article refers to. I don't think it's likely you ever will change in that aspect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    Yes because "the left" is an established and highly organised group of people who have it in for you. Heaven forbid we consider individuals on their own merit who may not even have a political stance.

I was merely pointing out the methods of the totalitarian Left. It's a bit like their tactics when on the rare occasion a conservative is asked to speak at an American university.
  • Options
    Donk25Donk25 Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably a few months community service, maybe a suspended sentence at best.

They face an unlimited fine or the possible of up to 7 years in prison

Thats what the Incitment to hatred on the grounds of both race and sexual orientation they are both under the same law

However nobody these days ever gets the maximum punishment for anything not even murder
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They deserve all they get i`m afraid and deserved to be punished like anyone else would be for the same thing

Just because they are Muslim doesn`t mean they can get away with it on the grounds of their religion this goes far beyond decent free speech i`m afraid calling the death of homosexuals or anyone for that matter is wrong doesn`t matter what religion you are thats no excuse!
  • Options
    jimmyworzeljimmyworzel Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »

This is inciting hatred and murder not calling someone homo its completely different there has to be a certain level of free speech but not to incite hatred