Options

Arrow startson Sky 1 Oct 22nd *UK PACE*

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    I don't think so..I think he will find out before the end of the season, like with Merlyn. Personally I think the cliffhanger will be Ra's al Ghul turning up.

Actually i'd like that if Ra's did turn up, but i'm not so sure they'd have the "small screen" rights to the character. And they've tended to steer clear of the "big" names from the DC Universe as well.

It would be good though - Ra's turns up and we find out that Slade is actually working for him, rather than Slade being the big boss. You could get some mileage out of those two working together to take over the city with the League of Assassins maybe, with Oliver trying to stop them.

It also could give you even more storyline potential because you could then have Slade turn 'good' again to team up with Oliver against Ra's.

All good stuff :)

They could do with expanding Diggle's role slightly as well - all he seems to be good for is turning up every now and again and occasionally offering advice or asking Oliver if he's ok ..
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It also could give you even more storyline potential because you could then have Slade turn 'good' again to team up with Oliver against Ra's.

While I'm not sure they have to rights to Ra's al Ghul, it would be awesome to have Slade Wilson in his anti-hero comic book persona, that's my favourite version of Deathstroke and it would be criminal to lose Manu Bennett from the show.
    They could do with expanding Diggle's role slightly as well - all he seems to be good for is turning up every now and again and occasionally offering advice or asking Oliver if he's ok ..

Next week's episode (at US Pace) is all about Diggle you'll be pleased to know :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    While I'm not sure they have to rights to Ra's al Ghul, it would be awesome to have Slade Wilson in his anti-hero comic book persona, that's my favourite version of Deathstroke and it would be criminal to lose Manu Bennett from the show

Yeah I think even though we've seen Slade in plenty of flashbacks, I suppose we're only really getting started with him in Starling, so you'd hope he's around for a long time to come.
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Next week's episode (at US Pace) is all about Diggle you'll be pleased to know :)

That's good - good to see him get some screen time at last !
  • Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    I don't think so..I think he will find out before the end of the season, like with Merlyn. Personally I think the cliffhanger will be Ra's al Ghul turning up.

Please, please, please let be Liam Neeson. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jcafcw wrote: »
    Why on earth is Ollie messing with Sarah - who I take it is bisexual - when Felicity is willing? I don't think she is going to pleased with developments.

Surely Roy's female friend would suit Sarah.

I think we will see the female assassin again but whether with Team Arrow or with Team Assassin is to be seen.

Warming up really well.

I thought she already had. ;) It was pretty much a ;);) time when they were interacting before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually i'd like that if Ra's did turn up, but i'm not so sure they'd have the "small screen" rights to the character. And they've tended to steer clear of the "big" names from the DC Universe as well.

It would be good though - Ra's turns up and we find out that Slade is actually working for him, rather than Slade being the big boss. You could get some mileage out of those two working together to take over the city with the League of Assassins maybe, with Oliver trying to stop them.

All good stuff :)

Spot on Jason, I was hoping for more from Diggs, especially with his hunt for "Dead Eye," but he seems to have gone cool over that now.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's ridiculous that Moira Queen would be accepted as a realistic candidate for Mayor of Starling
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why on earth is Ollie messing with Sarah - who I take it is bisexual - when Felicity is willing? I don't think she is going to pleased with developments.
    Yeah I didn't get that either. (Not the bi part, the Ollie bit. ;) ) I 'spose it was just an excuse to have a heated moment.

I find it odd that they've just ditched Felicity's thing with Barry now he's got his own series.
    Surely Roy's female friend would suit Sarah.
    I had to laugh when Thea said to her about a date "him or her.. whatever you're into" :D
    Verence wrote: »
    It's ridiculous that Moira Queen would be accepted as a realistic candidate for Mayor of Starling
    It does seem a bit of a stretch, but they're trying their best to explain that there are some that do believe she was the innocent party in the Glades disaster.

They could have easily had her ex-husband be the candidate (explaining he was now a US citizen) and it would probably have the same plot line for now. There must be some bigger twist coming up to do with Moria's candidacy to warrant the storyline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

It does seem a bit of a stretch, but they're trying their best to explain that there are some that do believe she was the innocent party in the Glades disaster.

They could have easily had her ex-husband be the candidate (explaining he was now a US citizen) and it would probably have the same plot line for now. There must be some bigger twist coming up to do with Moria's candidacy to warrant the storyline.

True but I would have thought there would be just as many people who think that she's as guilty as sin and only got off because of her rich friends (which we as viewers know to be the truth)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I find it odd that they've just ditched Felicity's thing with Barry now he's got his own series.

They've already cast someone to play Iris West who is Barry's girlfriend (and then wife) in the comics so adding Felicity to the mix would complicate things unneccesarily
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True but I would have thought there would be just as many people who think that she's as guilty as sin and only got off because of her rich friends (which we as viewers know to be the truth)
    Well I guess that'll all be played out once the campaign starts proper. I presume they will show some backlash - perhaps with a side plot of Ollie turning his back to it.
    They've already cast someone to play Iris West who is Barry's girlfriend (and then wife) in the comics so adding Felicity to the mix would complicate things unneccesarily
    Ahh that'll do it then! lol

Shame as I think Flick and Barry were suited to each other. Although it'd be a pity to loose the character from Arrow.
  • Options
    SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member

Anyone can be a candidate for anything, doesn't mean they win. And there are certainly bad candidates in real life.

Also, Moira has voiced the concerns and doubts that the viewer is thinking. A lot of shows wouldn't have done that.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    More Nyssa please - Katrina Law was always my favourite in Spartacus.;-)

Felicity: telling tells - but Oliver had to be told.
    Pleased Sara is Out - and with Oliver too.:cool:

"She's been doing that, for like an hour"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saigo wrote: »
    Anyone can be a candidate for anything, doesn't mean they win. And there are certainly bad candidates in real life.

Also, Moira has voiced the concerns and doubts that the viewer is thinking. A lot of shows wouldn't have done that.

Indeed, look at what London has ended up with. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not really, they were using Arrow as a back door pilot for The Flash TV series and, because of the feeling about how it was likely to be fairly successful, they didn't need to continue with him in Starling City so they didn't need the Felicity/Barry flirtation.
    As Felicity doesn't have anything to do with either the Green Arrow or with The Flash in the DC Comics in the first place, they were probably just using her to give a bit more depth to Barry's appearances in Arrow and to play around with the "Olicity" dynamic.

As has been said, Barry has his own love interest in Central City in Iris West :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sara doing Salmons great touch
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh and am I right in saying Sin is a fairly large player in the comics??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    daniel9624 wrote: »

I don't know about "major"

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Sin_(New_Earth)
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well America did elect a convicted drink driver as their President so Moira Queen is not such a stretch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I may have missed something, but does Quentin Lance know that Sara is the Canary
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may have missed something, but does Quentin Lance know that Sara is the Canary

I think so, yeah.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daniel9624 wrote: »

Yes, she's fairly heavily involved with the Birds of Prey, Black Canary in particular, and was originally going to replace Lady Shiva.
    I don't know about "major"

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Sin_(New_Earth)

The right link helps and, for some odd reason, copy/pasting the DC wiki link goes to a blank page instead of the correct one.

See if this one works.
  • Options
    SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member

Yes! Of course he does!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught the latest episode. Loved the final scene :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kord Industries again