Obama, race card, 2012 election

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
Forum Member
✭✭
How do you think race will play out in 2012's campaign for President of the United States?

I thought this was a good analysis..

http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/juan-williams/204245-how-race-plays-out-in-the-2012-campaign

Comments

• tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the "race card" will be used to full effect by Democrats. :D
  • blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    I'm sure the "race card" will be used to full effect by Democrats. :D

US politics is pretty shameless when it comes to exploiting electoral advantages. Though with the already perceived split between red states and blue states the last thing America needs is a racial divide . If does occur I'd fully expect the USA the break up within 50 years.
  • Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One wonders if the obsession with Barak Obama's birth certificate would have been so alluring to Republicans if *whisper it* he had been white?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    US politics is pretty shameless when it comes to exploiting electoral advantages. Though with the already perceived split between red states and blue states the last thing America needs is a racial divide . If does occur I'd fully expect the USA the break up within 50 years.

Yup, just look how the Democrats went to town on Hilary Clinton, one of their very own, during the Democrat leadership campaign.

The racial divide will always be there, however I believe because Obama has let so many black and other ethnic Americans down, I think the race card which will no doubt be used, will however fall on deaf ears amongst ethnic American voters.
  • You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fully expect the 'Jesus' card will feature a lot more. Religion plays a huge part in US politics.
  • statelessstateless Posts: 1,855
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You_mo wrote: »
    I fully expect the 'Jesus' card will feature a lot more. Religion plays a huge part in US politics.

This. Most of the republican nominees for president were along those lines. Unelectable at a nation level though thanfully, due to their extreme views.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You_mo wrote: »

Jebus and kissing babies no doubt. :D
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the article writer would have better spent their time getting angry at the useless so and so's who can't be bothered to get some ID or register so they can vote.

If I've got this straight, he seems to be saying no problem with fraud as long as a possibly fraudulant election comes up with the right result?
  • GuardianistaGuardianista Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some herbert in the New York Times has written a piece on Romney where he claims (unhelpfully) "The simple, impolitely stated fact is that Mitt Romney is the whitest white man to run for president in recent memory."

We'll be getting a lot more of this divisive stuff from the Democrats right up to the election.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phil 2804 wrote: »
    One wonders if the obsession with Barak Obama's birth certificate would have been so alluring to Republicans if *whisper it* he had been white?

The answer is "yes" because the other side did the same thing to John McCain for years and he is as white as white gets.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the article writer would have better spent their time getting angry at the useless so and so's who can't be bothered to get some ID or register so they can vote.

If I've got this straight, he seems to be saying no problem with fraud as long as a possibly fraudulant election comes up with the right result?

In the last election, in some inner city voting spots like in Philadelphia, dead people voted and not only that, black panthers stood outside with weapons to ensure people voted for Obama.
  • AliU2maniacAliU2maniac Posts: 1,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the last election, in some inner city voting spots like in Philadelphia, dead people voted and not only that, black panthers stood outside with weapons to ensure people voted for Obama

Eric Holder didn't think there was a problem with the black panthers intimidating voters and yet Tea Party activists were called terrorists.Nothing to do with race, of course ;)