Options

To all 60+ members, is Julie a good representative?

124»

Comments

• Options
    goody66goody66 Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sugar Ape wrote: »
    Yeah she is, I should listen to her more. :p
    Make sure you do - or I will be telling her :D
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,651
    Forum Member
    changa wrote: »
    Deleted. Double post.

Don't be silly, it's what my parents used to threaten us with back in the fifities - I was simply paraphrasing them. You should have read all the preceding messages. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    hunkydoryhunkydory Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I worked in hospitals and care homes for years and I never once looked after any senior citizen like Julie.

I can't remember any of them swearing or sitting with their legs akimbo.

I can't remember my two grans or my mum swearing either, we had a 'cuss box' at home, mum would say swearing was a sign of a poor vocabulary.

me too ive seen sweet old ladies push and shove each other over who's seat it is and 2 mins later best of buddies and some just sit with nothing to say very sad love them all
    but the more spirited residents are just great
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    Don't be silly, it's what my parents used to threaten us with back in the fifities - I was simply paraphrasing them. You should have read all the preceding messages. :rolleyes:
    You beat me to it. I was just about to say that the poster took your post too seriously :confused:
  • Options
    Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    daisydee wrote: »
    What a shame, after all their good work too - you deserve a good hiding. :mad:
    I was brought up in Yorkshire of working class parents in a Council house - poor but decent, as they say. :o Everyone else was the same, so I think the era had the most influence.

We must have been poor but indecent then. :D
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,651
    Forum Member
    We must have been poor but indecent then. :D

Well you wil have to ask them - careful how you phrase it. :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    I say NO! I'd rather ask for euthanasia than to be grouped with that woman.

She's doing CBB for us "pensioners", she's doing it for the "old" folk. Me? I wish she stop and stop right now. She's nothing like anyone I know, she's nothing like anyone I'd ever want to know.

Is Julie Goodyear a good role model for those who are drawing their pensions?

You already know my opinion, what's yours?

God, not at all, shes a dreadful representative for pensioners
  • Options
    changachanga Posts: 11,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goody66 wrote: »
    You beat me to it. I was just about to say that the poster took your post too seriously :confused:

Oh please :rolleyes:

Everyone so up in arms over bad language, but it's fine to give someone a good hiding?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    changa wrote: »
    Oh please :rolleyes:

Everyone so up in arms over bad language, but it's fine to give someone a good hiding?

Not everyone is up in arms about bad language, and as I said - Twinkle was just using an old phrase. Don't take it too seriously :p
  • Options
    liglooligloo Posts: 2,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Granny would do anything for anyone but my God she had a tongue of acid when she felt it warranted. She'd put the fear of death into you with one stare! She never swore though, well not that I heard anyway lol