Doctor Who Series 17 Episode 20: The One Hundred Claras 25/03/2024 BBC1 6:45pm

FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
Forum Member
I thought I'd post the forum in advance!

Enjoy :)

Comments

• Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D See you when you get back after your ban! :D
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a bit hopeful.

If Moffat's still in charge we'll be lucky to have reached series 10 by then.

Or will it be 9F? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe you'd put such an obvious spoiler in the title of a thread like that.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The love I have for this thread is immeasurable.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Jenna will be playing Clara forever."
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So excited about this one. Hopefully we finally get to see Oswin again, no?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really love this episode I haven't seen yet and I must post about it some more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think Matt will be back for series 18? Cause I don't. He's obviously not playing the Doctor anymore since I hear he grew a moustache the other day.
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's fair to say that this will be the dud episode of series 17.
    Totally filler.
  • sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DAMN IT, EVERYONE'S STEALING MY JOKE!!!:mad::mad:

Still, I hope this thread stays up, cos I am excited about this episode. It's by the same writer as the brilliant mid-series finale in series 14, so it has to be just as brilliantly awesome as that was.

I'm not looking forward to the episode after that though, I've only seen a 0:02 clip from the series trailer but it looks AWFUL. I mean there's kids in it! Cant be anything but disastrous
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DAMN IT, EVERYONE'S STEALING MY JOKE!!!:mad::mad:

Still, I hope this thread stays up, cos I am excited about this episode. It's by the same writer as the brilliant mid-series finale in series 14, so it has to be just as brilliantly awesome as that was.

I'm not looking forward to the episode after that though, I've only seen a 0:02 clip from the series trailer but it looks AWFUL. I mean there's kids in it! Cant be anything but disastrous

Don't get too excited. I don't think anyone should be expecting "The Doctor's Uncle" Part 2.
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best episode ever, imo. It was worth living to 108 just to see it. ;)
  • sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I Hate Rtd And The Moff, They've Both Just Completely Ruined Doctor Who!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After waiting 3 and a half years since the 30 minute episode 19 ended on THAT cliffhanger ( seriously- people are still talking about it every day. I mean, who would have expected it to have been the ducks all along- all these years they were the secret masterminds) this episode better have every single Clara in it- even the one played by that dead dude. what was his name again? Oh yeah- Leo DiCaprio. ( still don't believe he became the pope for a year before he sadly died about 5 years ago now). and everyone's favourite Clara of course, Sophie Aldred ( yeah I know- what a shocker that turned out to be). But everyone is saying she wont come back to the role now she has a big hollywood career going on, and about to appear in Star Trek 27 as the main villain, the evil Vulcan warlord T'Pau who marries Spock and has Kirk's baby.

So I've already decided this episode is going to be crap. My personal favourite baddie- the Cookie Snatcher, brilliantly played by Brian Blessed for 2 minutes screen time, back in 2014 is also not appearing. Anything else now simply cannot live up to my expectations,
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I heard in in 2023, BBC One changes it's name to Sky Primetime after the BBCs recent take over by Murdoch. (Who is still alive thanks [or not thanks] to Cyber Industries).
  • LivingDestinyLivingDestiny Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really looking forward to this one, seems three years since the mid season break... Probably because it was.

Cult box just posted Ten Teasers

>> The Sonic Screwdriver will be the key to the mystery
    >> River Song will make an appearance.
    >> Although this is the second part, it will have completely no relation to series17 part 1 and so feels like series18
    >> THe Doctor almost die
    >> "Rose Tyler"
    >> This episode has 'potential'
    >> Fans will have to wait until Series 20 until this interesting storyline is revealed.
    >> The cybermen return but as always, their return is pointless and feel overused.
    >> Rory returns briefly but is shot dead by a cyberman
    >> The same Cyberman shoots all a hundred Claras dead but she still returns

Sounds very interesting and a very different episode to previous years, can't wait!
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The best episode ever, imo. It was worth living to 108 just to see it. ;)
    Are you really 97? You don't seem like it. :o:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Despite promises made - we still no idea who blew up the TARDIS in Series 5.

On the plus side, it was good to finally see Morton Dill's storyline resolved.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    ncr1969 wrote: »
    Despite promises made - we still no idea who blew up the TARDIS in Series 5.

On the plus side, it was good to finally see Morton Dill's storyline resolved.

Maybe the Doctor just forgot to hit the pink stabilizers..:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Maybe the Doctor just forgot to hit the pink stabilizers..:rolleyes:

Nah they just make the central column vibrate, in addition to going up and down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Maybe the RANI turns out to be Amy?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Radio Times has the following to say in their listings:

21:37- 22:17 Dr Who.
    Episode 20f. The 100 Claras
    Written by Richard Gervais

The mystery of the Cyber Cat's evil scheme comes to a conclusion, but who is the mysterious stranger who claims to have blown up the tardis many years before? Doctor Who must fight to save at least one Clara from certain doom or else the human race will disappear through a time crack in the Cyber Cat's behind and emerge in a duck pond, erasing years of history. Stay tuned right to the end to find out the some stunning reveal of the next doctor, which has been kept quiet for months, with the Master turning up for no reason. What on earth will happen to the 100 Claras? Can any of them survive the pit?

Starring:
    Dean Gaffney.......Dr James Who
    Cate Winslett.......Clara 57
    Alex Kingston.......River Song 5
    John Hurt.............Mysterious Stranger/ man who blew up the tardis/18th doctor's evil twin brother
    Joe Swash............The next Doctor
    Nick Briggs...........Voice of the Ducks
    Nick Briggs...........Voice of the Cyber Cat
    Nick Briggs...........Voice of the Tardis xbox interface
    Nick Briggs...........Voice of the robot Dr Who 20 from the future
    John Simm............The Master
    Dawn French........Clara 101
    Karen Gillan.........The Rani
    Arthur Darvil.........Epsilon Omega
  • Shandyman81Shandyman81 Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    Don't get too excited. I don't think anyone should be expecting "The Doctor's Uncle" Part 2.

Ahh but that was not as good as "The Doctor's 2nd Cousin, once removed".....
  • Halloween JackHalloween Jack Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    I heard that in this episode "the Doctor degenerates into a SARNIE!"

Although... my hearing aid has playing-up for some time now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I was really looking forward to this episode but apparently, I've heard that it's too complicated, too dark, too childish, too sci-fi, too short and generally just too much of everything. :rolleyes: