Am I over-reacting?

13»

Comments

• drumdrum Posts: 3,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Point taken! I am logging out now!!

Thanks for all your comments advice - appreciated :)

Good girl... be happy xxx
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe he never heard the phone? OR - If he wanted to just let his hair down and forget about everything, it would defeat the object if he was conscious of having to keep checking his phone for calls!

I can understand the OP being annoyed, but I think she should try and look at it from his point of view, and wait to hear what he has to say before jumping to conclusions.

Edit - Also, when was the last time he went out and a night out just for him? When did he last see ANY of hs friends? From tje OP's post it seems that he works all the hours that god sends and goes home.

Youre right of course. I think really he should have just said that he was going out and he didn't know what time he'd need picking up, and that hed'd get a taxi back.

It just seems to me like the OP and her hubby need some quality time together. There seems like theres been a lot of tension recently.

Its just a shame this had to happen on the night before their anniverary.Though really I think most people go out for a meal at night don't they? So I guess it doesn't matter if hes been in bed all day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    No, we split the bills. I cant afford them all on my own salary. We split bills 50/50 and then I pay for all the luxaries on top. If he didnt work a 2nd job, he would earn enough to just pay bills and that's it, the 2nd job also gives him money as disposable income if that makes sense.

split the bills !!

what a joke!!

put all the money in one account and give him 1 job

who cares who earns what ? you marry for love not money.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,087
    Forum Member
    We have a joint bills account and separate sole (spend) accounts. Money has never been an issue until he lost his job.

EDIT: money is not an issue now. I dont know why I wrote that! We worry as we are in neg equity and have a high mortgage, but we dont sit and argue about it.

the point I am trying to make, and not having a go at you; is stick all the money in one account.

pay all the bills by direct debit on the 1st of the month and work out your food bill you need. Then live of the rest between you.

you will just end up having 2 seperate lives and grow apart. Every couple I know who do it your way split up and dont listen to splitting bills 60/40 or 70/30 .......... it shouldnt matter.

if he needs £50 a month then give him it at the start.

If he was being lazy and not working and loafing about then you have a right to be angry............... but hes not.

let him have 1 job or you will split up.

I dont need a lot of money as I spend between £10 to £20 a month at the very most. Once you throw your money in one pot then you will not go back to 2 seperate accounts.
  • ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there are two issues:

1) I do think his life sounds quite tough at the moment with his two jobs & he deserves a break to go wild if he wants.

But 2) You say your feminine intuition tells you something's not right. Well you know him & we don't & if you think something's wrong maybe there is. Why not have a good chat with him when he's recovered...
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe its cloudy_nines that could do with seducing. Maybe as her husband is so busy working, then exhausted, she isn't getting any conjugal rights.