Extremists insult to troops in Barking

Comments

• wendy09wendy09 Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    The forces in Afghanistan are there under international mandate, so frankly your obtusely linking the current Taliban murderers with the French resistance is shockingly naive to put it nicely.

the forces are there illegally .

see ref: marjorie cohn for details.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunnyds wrote: »
    Would you die for your religion?

would you die for the queen and god ... ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    i respect everybody's right to disagree with me. However, I dont respect their right to blow up people on a subway for no other reasosn than bigotry or to impose their antiquated, intolerant religious laws on my country. It may sound racist but I really dont care. if people want to live under Sharia law then they should relocate. The majority of British people dont.

you dont know anything about sharia law.

you only think you know something about sharia.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GwrxVurfer wrote: »
    So what you are saying is that anyone who disagrees with the British Army isn't a true Briton? Yawn......This sounds so familiar....

thats what the politicians are trying to create by insisting that everyone loves the soldier and not to be critical of their actions in afghansitan.

the stupid are falling for it... and so are indirectly supporting the wars ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    The Soldiers did they job they were orderd to do, so the "protestors" if you can call them that, should take it up with the Government and protest outside of Parliament etc.

This is more than just protesting against the Army and their actions, much more.

When the UK Govt decided to invade Iraq and Afghanistan people demonstrated against the Government, not the Army. And that is the line that these "protestors" should take, the problem is it's not about protesting against the wars, it's far much more deep rooted than that with this lot.

It's like the EDL and the BNP demonstrating outside of Mosques or in a town that holds an Asian majority. Nothing more.

the soldiers duty under nuremberg is to defy the order is it is against international law/etc.

so to absolve the soldiers of all crimes is not viable position as history informs us.

fact is the govt/media have sought to politcise the war by using the soldiers as a means to getting a consensus for war.

if you are not allowed to criticise the army , and what they are doing then that is what the politicians are going to hide behind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I approve of the British Army being used to stop suicide bombing.

soldiers are in essence suicide attackers ... they go off to war to kill as many of those that they can and knwoing that in doing so they will die too ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    Stop calling the Taliban soldiers, they are terrorists, NOT soldiers.

The Taliban do not follow the Geneva conventions on warfare, as you know well.

they are soldiers .

you talk as if we are playing by rules and they are not . this is sheer stupidity considering all of the abuses that have come to light in the last 10 years of our fighting.

you just dont get the full picture because the govt controls the message.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wendy09 wrote: »

Amazing! Now you are claiming to know how much a person you don't know, knows about sharia law.

That's some party trick! :rolleyes:

................ or did you type that one quickly as well? Like your excuse for stating that the Taliban were 'the elected government' and then denying you had said so?
  • tour de forcetour de force Posts: 4,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The British soldier would be justified in doing so.

However, I would not call a Taliban soldier "evil" simply because he shot at a British soldier, in the same way I would not call a British soldier "evil" for shooting at a Taliban soldier. This works the same way that no sensible person wanted every German arrested at the end of WW2 simply for "shooting at soldiers"

Hey Gwrx, thanks for responding with answers to questions I never asked. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PompeyBill wrote: »
    The Taliban 'government' was not recognised by the UN. Only Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Pakistan recognised the Taliban government (even that changed after 9/11).

meaningless in real terms .. its like the un wont sanction israel .. doesnt mean that the latter is a legitimate position to take.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soldiers are in essence suicide attackers ... they go off to war to kill as many of those that they can and knwoing that in doing so they will die too ..

Just a thought, but I've a feeling that you don't know many British soldiers? :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Gwrx, thanks for responding with answers to questions I never asked. :D

Maybe he's watched too many Ronnie Barker sketches in the past. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes may be so your religion is more important you than your place of birth. May I ask why live in a country that is not highly populated with Muslims?

You may be born here, but nothing stops you from going back.

a person does not control their place of birth .

so why do you place so much into something that you did not have any choice over.

what would you do if the place you were born was taken over by others and given a new name .. or disappeared ..

the fact is it doesnt matter what country you were born in .. since these are entirely constructs that are used to ensure ppl such as yourself can be controlled .

if you had been born outside of the uk today you'd be spouting on about that country .. and you still wouldnt have had any say in the fact that you were born therre.

nationalism etc is just plain stupid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,112
    Forum Member
    Correct, it is the government who ordered an illegal war. However, the soldiers are just as guilty, and if you are about trot out "just following orders"......I draw your attention to Nuremberg Principle IV, which states that such an excuse is not acceptable.

But Nuremberg Principle 4 is international law? The same international law you say doesn't exist?
    Nope, I generally chose not to attempt to judge people's nationality straight away.

Now you have had five minutes would you care to judge?
    would you die for the queen and god ... ?

Yes Wendy, yes I would for the Queen, well dying for God would have to be a conversation after I am dead...

Wendy, that is a load of rubbish. Soldiers do not march off to war to kill as many people as they can, they do not go off knowing that they will die.
  • PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    meaningless in real terms .. its like the un wont sanction israel .. doesnt mean that the latter is a legitimate position to take.

Wendy, considering you denied saying something which was included by yourself in a post on a previous page in this thread, do you honestly, seriously, think that you arguments or comments have any credence any more?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redneck29 wrote: »
    Islam, even the supposed Moderate Islam we hear a lot about but see very little of, is irreconcilable with any notion or concept of what it means to be British.

silly point to make, if the media wish to make it news it will be. nutters make good headlines be they bnp, edl etc
    I am not talking about ethnicity here.
    I am talking about morality, law, social structures.
    no youre making a religious - ethnic issue.
    His nationality is another matter.
    Assuming the poster is a British National I have no problem with his living in this country.
    doesnt make any difference if you did.
    But the kid gloves and appeasement approach as regards Islam, and indeed Judaism in some areas, needs to stop.
    do you mean respect ? there is no appeasement .. we are killing muslims in their tens of thousands ..
    Halal butchery is illegal under current animal slaughter legislation (I forget the name used to describe this barbarity by the followers of Judaism - but the principle remains the same), yet Muslims are allowed to continue in violation of these laws.
    if you object to animal welfare undoubtedly you will be a vegan - am i right?

A report in, IIRC The Guardian, about a year or so ago clearly demonstrated that a Sharia Court had returned a verdict in an inheritance case where the daughter was afforded less than a full share of the inheritance just because of her gender. This is contrary to both British and European Law.

the verdict is in line with islamic law. however in the uk the sharia tribunals (there are no courts) are not binding.
    This is not only religious discrimination - treating one group differently because of their religious views - but it is also gender discrimination.
    no in islam it is balanced by the fact that the males have to provide for the females. the burden is entirely to men. so whilst to the ignorant, ill educated it may appear to be discrimination in reality there are other aspects which are solely the duty of men towards women , to ensure that women are provided for, secure and do not have to work for example
    This is unacceptable, it is intolerable and it will only fuel religious and racial tension and make further conflict more likely.
    but you are writing something you are wholly ignorant about.

So, as far as I am concerned, any British National Muslims are more than welcome to remain in this country as is their right, and Non-British Muslims are welcome to come to this country as long as they follow the due immigration process under one simple proviso: One Land, One Law, One Official Language.

Anything less is in some form or other discrimination, and I oppose it.

All The Best
    youre not very bright , there is one law this hasnt changed.

you can choose to go to arbitration and accept an outcome that you would abide by as long as it is within the confines of uk law.

now if a person accepts an arbitration that would provide a distribution more for one and less to another , that is their choice just as a person may leave their assets in any way they would like in a will.

if a will is not being 'fair' would you seek to have it made illegal?

so lets not get too uptight about these things. as a last resort if the arbitration does not seem to be fair the individual can go to court and seek redress in that manner.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the forces are there illegally .

see ref: marjorie cohn for details.

one lawyers opinion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DGSx wrote: »
    Yes Wendy, yes I would for the Queen, well dying for God would have to be a conversation after I am dead...
    why would you die for queen?

Wendy, that is a load of rubbish. Soldiers do not march off to war to kill as many people as they can, they do not go off knowing that they will die.
    try telling that to the average squaddie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We know enough to utterly reject it.
    Forum Member
    why would you die for queen?

Sorry Wedny I would die for HM The Queen, not Queen the band....

try telling that to the average squaddie.

Honestly, when have you ever spoken to the average squaddie (and by that I mean British Army, not Taliban....)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a disgusting idea to insult the soldiers on their homecoming, i'd have been furious if a loved one from that battalion hadn't made it home. I am very much against the war but there are better ways to make your feelings heard than this, and all they have done if show their religion in a bad light, even though the vast majority of Muslims wouldn't have done the same. It is one step up from going to soldiers funerals and partying imo.

you are falling into the political and propaganda trap that that the govt has been putting in place for the last 2-3 years in order to legitimise the wars.

they know they cant justify it in any way so they are making you admire the army and soldiers to make then beyond criticism ... whilst they do that they make those who are critical of the armys role in these illegal wars into persons who are being unpatriotic .

this is how nationalism of the nazi generation was created.

our media is supposed to be balanced bbc etc and yet there has not been any attempt for a genuine debate on the issues .

its entirely about our brave boys, and those religious nutters.

and they say the uk has a sophisticated electorate ..
  • well2dowell2do Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

nationalism etc is just plain stupid.

Does that include religion?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind Muslims living in the country and don't have any problems with Muslims. I am ashamed that people in our country does not respect our soldiers who just returned. Remember, the government ordered them to fight, and the soldiers were doing their job.

the soldiers if doing their job would not go to fight.

the soldiers should be criticised and they should know that theya re not beyond criticism.
  • well2dowell2do Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its entirely about our brave boys, and those religious nutters.

People who blow themselves up to kill others in the name of religion ARE nutters, you can't deny that.
    Forum Member
    Wendy let me ask you some questions
    When were you in the military to gain such knowledge of the training and how the military think.
    When were you in Afghanistan to gain such knowledge of what is happening there?