Options

Eastenders 31/12/2010 - Goodbye 2010... Episode Discussion

Comments

• Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Nope. I was just about to start a thread too but saw this. All that hype for nothing! Can't knock it yet though as it's only just getting started.

But no, I didn't rate it either! I thought I would've ended up in tears but nup.
    The Hype is for Tommorows episode (8:30pm) the advert states that the big episode is tommorow as does all the tv guides
  • Options
    Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought she was great.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Agreed - not the fault of the actress, more that she's now become a real trainwreck of a character.

I think it happening to Kat and Jane would have been a good storyline. I feel involving Ronnie has made a lot of people go :rolleyes:

They couldn't of picked someone better then Ronnie to do the storyline, Jane has kids (sort of) Ronnie hasn't, we all know she has been desprate for a baby for ages, even messing with Jack's comdoms, I can see why they picked Ronnie.
  • Options
    JamieMacdonaldJamieMacdonald Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lol'd at it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a great actress and she was amazing again tonight. Well done to Sam she had me in floods :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we have different ideas of powerful episodes.

That one wasn't.
  • Options
    upsykimsyupsykimsy Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emzie21 wrote: »
    Exactly, really disappointed in Sam Womack and the whole thing was totally unrealistic and unmoving

I thought Sam's acting was quite good. I'm not usually a huge fan of hers, but she was quite moving tonight, IMO
  • Options
    Frankie_boyFrankie_boy Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    I agree tomorrow is the episode to watch. I think it will be hard viewing.
  • Options
    Lizzie BrookesLizzie Brookes Posts: 15,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked that line too. There are times when you can feel totally hekpless and dependent and I am glad EastEnders illustrated that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aww it was sad.
  • Options
    Frankie_boyFrankie_boy Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    I think it showed how insanely gone she was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    I'll have to disagree it was bland with poor acting from Ronnie.

Tanya has no place in the square now, even Jane noticed!
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    upsykimsy wrote: »
    Personally, I'm waiting for the episode where we find out Ronnie was cursed by one sadistic, pissed off fairy when she was a baby...

I actually laughed at that! :D
  • Options
    slade1slade1 Posts: 2,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I think she is just average. Nothing special at all.
  • Options
    Sparklyblue171Sparklyblue171 Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way Sam delivered it was what got me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what started me crying:( She seemed so helpless:cry:
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strangely, one of the most disturbing lines and scenes in soap history.

Wow. Incredible!

THAT was scary!! Really spine chilling. Excellent performance from Sam Womack tonight... we all felt for poor Ronnie:cry::cry:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    They couldn't of picked someone better then Ronnie to do the storyline, Jane has kids (sort of) Ronnie hasn't, we all know she has been desprate for a baby for ages, even messing with Jack's comdoms, I can see why they picked Ronnie.

But they took two of her children from her already!

Jane is desperate for her and Ian to have a child of their own (or even any child, see Lucy's miscarriage/abortion): and he keeps denying her at every chance. I could see her going a bit mad with opportunity of a baby then having it taking away - though I've now just remembered Ian's had the snip. Nevermind :o:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    upsykimsy wrote: »
    Personally, I'm waiting for the episode where we find out Ronnie was cursed by one sadistic, pissed off fairy when she was a baby...

Do you want to spoiler tag that? You can't go revealing future storylines like that :rolleyes::p:D:D

The fact that is Ronnie didn't really shock me at all, you know as soon as Ronnie gets a bit of hapiness, there's heartache to follow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,283
    Forum Member
    She's the best Eastenders have and has been since she arrived, although she started getting outstanding around May 2008 when she found out Roxy was pregnant. She's just got better and better

She's a good actress but this is far too over the top imo.

Lacey (bi-polar story line especially) and Gillian Wright have both been excellent (better than Sam)
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    It was sad, and where the bloody hell is Glenda? she hasn't even seen the baby yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Hmmmmmm!

There are plenty others just as good if not better. She's still good though.

Really?! On Eastenders? Right now??? Stacey was the only other female on the same level as Sam but now she's gone...it's only really Max i can think of that can hold a candle to her
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    It was sad, and where the bloody hell is Glenda? she hasn't even seen the baby yet.

Since Ian was seen at the Vic, I imagine shagging Phil unless she has someone else on the go.
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a nice touch for the character. She'd always been portrayed as someone who was always independent and even quite cold at times - I guess having Archie as a father did that. But with that line she showed she just desperately wanted someone to reassure her and tell her everything was alright in a childlike manner which I don't think we've ever seen before from her.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually thought the episode was poorly written, acted and directed, considering what it had to sell, I didnt like it at all.