Italian Job(Original)favourite scenes)

essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,209
Forum Member
I'd say mine are where the Minis interrupt the wedding by driving through chaed by the Mafia and call out 'good luck', also like where Bridger acknowledges the applause of the other inmates after he thinks the plan has gone off without a hitch. The sequence where the Mini hides among all the other Minis in the production line is good. Always thought the 'bloody doors off' bit was good but its been overreferenced(is that a word:D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Benny Hill :D:D:D

And any scene with The Master :)
  • spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where Mr Caine and Mr Coward engage in "banter" in a prison gents' toilet ....... much witty subtext here!

Fave line "we'll have to arrange a funeral"!
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starting now on Film 4.
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,771
    Forum Member
    The scene with Michael Caine and Irene Handl when Caine misunderstands the phrase 'He was doing something quite obscene with Annette'.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,495
    Forum Member
    I like the bit where he's just out of prison, talking to Henry McGee, explaining that he's "been away". McGee replies with "Well it's nice to see you out. I mean back."
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the bit where he's just out of prison, talking to Henry McGee, explaining that he's "been away". McGee replies with "Well it's nice to see you out. I mean back."

Think you're confusing Henry McGee with John Clive.
    Forum Member
    doffer wrote: »
    Think you're confusing Henry McGee with John Clive.

No, John Clive's the garage manager ("you must have shot a lot of tigers" - "yes, I used a machine gun"). Henry McGee's his tailor - but not his shirtmaker; that's Simon Dee ("these shirts were all the rage when I went inside" - "what did you do - life?").
  • dofferdoffer Posts: 2,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, John Clive's the garage manager ("you must have shot a lot of tigers" - "yes, I used a machine gun"). Henry McGee's his tailor - but not his shirtmaker; that's Simon Dee ("these shirts were all the rage when I went inside" - "what did you do - life?").

Can't believe I forgot he was in it <hangs head in shame>
    Forum Member
    doffer wrote: »
    Can't believe I forgot he was in it <hangs head in shame>

I did check before I replied, just in case! But I've now learned why he appears to have two tailors.