Options

UKIP Watch

Comments

• Options
    thesabbaththesabbath Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    So, you are complaining about 0.0007% of the budget for foreign aid being spent on projects that improve links between communities in Britain, with communities in the developing world? That translates to 0.000049% of the country's GDP.

What excuses have you got for this one? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2508063/UK-pay-4m-fund-Ethiopian-Spice-Girls-New-aid-project-Yegna-ridiculed.html
  • Options
    HowardessexHowardessex Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thesabbath wrote: »

Yes, that's a bit of a corker that one :D. Dozens more like that out there .
    So what do we think is better , £3.8 million on these singing girls or £3.8 million to keep your local A & E functioning ? . I know what I would rather do with the money , what do you think JJ ?? .
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Yes, that's a bit of a corker that one :D. Dozens more like that out there .
    So what do we think is better , £3.8 million on these singing girls or £3.8 million to keep your local A & E functioning ? . I know what I would rather do with the money , what do you think JJ ?? .

Much better to spend 1/4 million on charter jets for Cameron http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-cameron-spends-267000-luxury-2052038 or 1/4 million on Champagne in Westminster http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/house-of-commons-champagne-bill-goes-up-and-up-despite-austerity-9247255.html. How about 35 million for the Queen, or half a billion on Trident each year. Where do you draw the line?
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    Had to laugh at the hypocrisy of the "outrage" from the BBC. http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/08/19/BBCs-Ting-Tong-Hypocrist/

The two things are entirely different. One of them is a comedy act which should not be taken seriously, the other's Little Britain.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    Jerrybob wrote: »
    Had to laugh at the hypocrisy of the "outrage" from the BBC. http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/08/19/BBCs-Ting-Tong-Hypocrist/

Was there any actual "outrage" from the BBC (seems unlikely), or did they merely report what happened? There's no obvious hypocrisy in any case.
  • Options
    allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So, you are complaining about 0.0007% of the budget for foreign aid being spent on projects that improve links between communities in Britain, with communities in the developing world? That translates to 0.000049% of the country's GDP.
    jjwales wrote: »
    Why only "lefties"?

So it's not providing dance classes in Pakistan, it's about raising awareness of third world problems in this country. Doesn't sound entirely "hairbrained".

The cap fits perfectly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    allaorta wrote: »
    The cap fits perfectly.

It really doesn't.
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    Yes , I am sure , but I cannot remember which country it was . Might be Pakistan , cannot remember .

No wonder you can't remember where it was Howard. Most people probably wouldn't.

"Belgian dance teachers were recruited to teach people in Burkina Faso – where half the population lives off less than 70p a day – through a project called 'I Dance Therefore I Am' "

http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/eu/2011/04/expressive-dance-eu-luxury.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/8457729/EU-wastes-billions-in-aid.html
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Was there any actual "outrage" from the BBC (seems unlikely), or did they merely report what happened? There's no obvious hypocrisy in any case.

One might say that given the events in Iraq, Syria, Gaza, the Ebola outbreak in Africa and many more significant news stories it's surprising they had the time and resources to waste on stories a couple of words used by a UKIP MEP - words used extensively in one of their own top rate sitcoms.

I just wish the Beeb were as reactive and proactive when it comes to dealing with stories about child abuse committed by politicians from the main parties and their own staff. They do have an odd sense of what is a priority news story.
  • Options
    Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thesabbath wrote: »

Find me a proper balanced report about the scheme and I will oblige you. But regurgitating bigoted nonsense from the Daily Heil will only make your argument look even sillier.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    One might say that given the events in Iraq, Syria, Gaza, the Ebola outbreak in Africa and many more significant news stories it's surprising they had the time and resources to waste on stories a couple of words used by a UKIP MEP - words used extensively in one of their own top rate sitcoms.

I just wish the Beeb were as reactive and proactive when it comes to dealing with stories about child abuse committed by politicians from the main parties and their own staff. They do have an odd sense of what is a priority news story.

Hmm....there you are again with the child abuse allegations relating to the "three main parties." The last time you mentioned it, you bluntly accused the "three main parties" of harbouring child abusers, you were also asked to provide some evidence......rather oddly you have been a bit quite on the subject of proof.
    Given the paedophile allegations against the three main parties perhaps the silly tittle tattle can stop. UKIP candidate stands down as there are issues in his local association - sounds like a typical day in the Tory party.:D
    I was aware of the alleged cover up of a scandal involving under-age sex, but I wasn't aware that any specific party had been accused of anything. If you have any evidence of the contrary, perhaps you would like to share it.

Any chance of stumping up with a little bit of relevant proof?
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Hmm....there you are again with the child abuse allegations relating to the "three main parties." The last time you mentioned it, you bluntly accused the "three main parties" of harbouring child abusers, you were also asked to provide some evidence......rather oddly you have been a bit quite on the subject of proof.

http://aboutmatttaylor.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-stench-of-perversion-is-getting-too.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Gregory ShapeGregory Shape Posts: 2,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Find me a proper balanced report about the scheme and I will oblige you. But regurgitating bigoted nonsense from the Daily Heil will only make your argument look even sillier.

Nearly as silly as you make yourself look by saying 'Daily Heil'. Are you 15?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I'm confused.......where's the proof? :confused:

LOL - What proof are you looking for? For them to make an announcement, that yes, they are guilty?
  • Options
    allaortaallaorta Posts: 19,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Perhaps you'd like to go through the list and point out those who are innocent.
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They don't need proof, under the basic principals of English law, every man is innocent until speculated guilty
  • Options
    BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The guilty are never innocent.

Agreed and black is never white.

What's your point?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

dekaf wrote: »
    dekaf wrote: »
    LOL - What proof are you looking for? For them to make an announcement, that yes, they are guilty?

I'm looking for the proof that the "three main parties" are involved in some sort of paedophile ring, as alleged by MARTYM8. I would have thought that was obvious.

Linking to a website, where some unqualified nobody, makes accusations against some politicians, with nothing more than innuendo and guesses, is not evidence or proof that "three main parties" have some sort of paedophile protection polices.
    allaorta wrote: »
    Perhaps you'd like to go through the list and point out those who are innocent.

They are as innocent as you are.

They do not have to prove their innocence; as you and the others, have set yourselves up as their judge, jury and executioner, it is up to you to prove their guilt.

So, at the risk of repeating myself; where is the evidence?
  • Options
    Forum Member

The BBC has given plenty of airtime to these other stories, but it doesn't seem a waste of time to report a major gaffe by a UKIP MEP. Are you saying you condone what she said, or that potential UKIP voters don't need to know about it?

And of course "Ting Tong" in Little Britain (not a sitcom, by the way) was the name of a fictional character in a sketch. It wasn't used to insult a real life individual.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    [QUOTE=Nessun Dorma;74405358]I'm looking for the proof that the "three main parties" are involved in some sort of paedophile ring, as alleged by MARTYM8. I would have thought that was obvious.

Linking to a website, where some unqualified nobody, makes accusations against some politicians, with nothing more than innuendo and guesses, is not evidence or proof that "three main parties" have some sort of paedophile protection polices.

No, you are not. You are expecting others to do it for you.

There are a lot of documents out there concerning this, just like there was about Jimmy Savile, years before his death.

It is evidence, silenced and covered up, not innuendo and guesses.
  • Options
    EnnerjeeEnnerjee Posts: 5,131
    Forum Member
    Are there any "Tory Watch", "Labour Watch", "LibDem Watch", or "Green Watch" threads available?

They could catch on and promote their policies just as much as demote them in just the same way this "UKIP Watch" thread does.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ennerjee wrote: »
    Are there any "Tory Watch", "Labour Watch", "LibDem Watch", or "Green Watch" threads available?

They could catch on and promote their policies just as much as demote them in just the same way this "UKIP Watch" thread does.

Don't think so. I suppose they wouldn't have the same entertainment value!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't think so. I suppose they wouldn't have the same entertainment value!

For the easily amused, of course.